Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 05-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
porebo
I hit open 100-footers

porebo has decent reputationporebo has decent reputation
Default Is Ricky Rubio coming to NBA?

Draft '09 or '10?
Or hes going to stay there in spain?
porebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Ricky Rubio coming to NBA?

He's projected to be number 4 in 2009, almost surely he will go, I would hope not, but I think he wants to himself.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
He's projected to be number 4 in 2009, almost surely he will go, I would hope not, but I think he wants to himself.

I don't really see him going so soon. I think it will really depend on how he plays next year if Rudy Fernandez is gone. He will be the leader of the team then and that's gonna be hard for a kid, even being as good as him.

Besids, what happens with the age limit for the draft, is it already in place or not? That could change also the year on which he could be elegible.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
I don't really see him going so soon. I think it will really depend on how he plays next year if Rudy Fernandez is gone. He will be the leader of the team then and that's gonna be hard for a kid, even being as good as him.

Besids, what happens with the age limit for the draft, is it already in place or not? That could change also the year on which he could be elegible.
Not going to happen for another 4 or 5 years i think. he is still only 17!he has had some ups and downs this year as you'd expect.they need to let him grow into a decent player not put too much pressure on the lad.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
simasu01
Decent playground baller

The age limit is 19, 2007 was the first draft that had this rule. Here is the projection: http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2009 the rankings are based off of this year, but this is just to give you an idea of where the future is projected to be drafted. I would hope Rubio will stay for at least 4 or so years, but I think he'll be in the NBA by the time he turns 20. Maybe if Rudy stays then Ricky also will. But the best time for Rudy to come to Portland would be for the next season, because they could really use someone like him.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
The age limit is 19, 2007 was the first draft that had this rule. Here is the projection: http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2009 the rankings are based off of this year, but this is just to give you an idea of where the future is projected to be drafted. I would hope Rubio will stay for at least 4 or so years, but I think he'll be in the NBA by the time he turns 20. Maybe if Rudy stays then Ricky also will. But the best time for Rudy to come to Portland would be for the next season, because they could really use someone like him.
So the thing about raising the limit to 21 is not going to be true, isn't it?
Anyway, I also would like to see Ricky staying for at least 3 or 4 years more. The bad thing for Ricky is that Aito G. Reneses is leaving Joventut. Let's see how he performs without a coach like Aito, who is fantastic taking the best of his players.

Last edited by berraco : 05-29-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
So the thing about raising the limit to 21 is not going to be true, isn't it?
Anyway, I also would like to see Ricky staying for at least 3 or 4 years more. The bad thing for Ricky is that Aito G. Reneses is leaving Joventut. Let's see how he performs without a coach like Aito, who is fantastic taking the best of his players.
Atleast the coach taking over is sito alonso who has been aito's 2nd for a few years so he knows rubio well.not someone like ivanovic coming in ,who could really destroy his progress.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Maybe it would be better for Rudy to go to a power house, I mean Joventut is good, but someone who could give him good money and convince him to stay, for example Panathinaikos. I don't know what he thinks about going somewhere else, but it's a suggestion. The new age limit, the NBA is working on it, David Stern wants 20 year minimum. I don't know much about either one of the coaches, but usually it can affect a young player like that.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

i can see him being a steve nash pete maravich type of player because the dude is hella week i dont even think he can bench the bar once if you look at his arms and he is not explosive at all he can only dunk off one foot basic dunk if aderline is pumping in the game

but he is the next big thing point guards dominate now
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
i can see him being a steve nash pete maravich type of player because the dude is hella week i dont even think he can bench the bar once if you look at his arms and he is not explosive at all he can only dunk off one foot basic dunk if aderline is pumping in the game

Have you ever heard about punctuation marks?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #11
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Have you ever heard about punctuation marks?
Haha, obviously not. But it looks like he's seen the kid play
Old 06-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo

He is not as weak as you think.he is deceptively strong and his defence is outstanding!he may look langy but the guy isnt as weak.the problem is that some people,especially nba watchers,think all basketball players should be pumped up like arnie,strength is not everything,skill and technical ability still count ,,,,in europe anyway.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: