Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
Default Gallinari looks impressive

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Rwdsjq3WLE

I was at the draft and people were booin this pick but you can't blame them it's New York and 70% of the people never heard of him or seen him play.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Rwdsjq3WLE

I was at the draft and people were booin this pick but you can't blame them it's New York and 70% of the people never heard of him or seen him play.
I watched that vid before and here's some of the things I didn't like...

-When he gets the ball on the perimeter, the offense stops moving while he isolates. (0:48) (2:54) (3:20) (5:55) (6:23) (6:36) (7:20) (7:58)
-When he gets an offensive board, he likes to fadeaway out of the paint instead of taking it up strong. You're 6'10"! (1:40 mark)
-Doesn't get too much lift on his jumper
-His postups are unlikely to translate to the NBA. Stronger, athletic guys will be able to handle them.
-I'm not sure where it's come that he's a good outside shooter. He has NBA 3point range...but only shot 31% from the international 3 this year.
-Not much of a rebounder for his size. Grabbed 4.2 rpg in 31mpg.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

I'm fine with him posting up and fading away. 6'10 with a smooth game and nice dribbles. Sometimes it's nice to fade away..He will use that against good shot blockers. His shot is smoothe and will translate in the NBA.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
I'm fine with him posting up and fading away. 6'10 with a smooth game and nice dribbles. Sometimes it's nice to fade away..He will use that against good shot blockers. His shot is smoothe and will translate in the NBA.
wasn't talking about his fadeaway on his postups. I was talking about how he fades away after getting an offensive rebound
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
daballa13
Great young streetballer
 
daballa13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 596
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I watched that vid before and here's some of the things I didn't like...

-When he gets the ball on the perimeter, the offense stops moving while he isolates. (0:48) (2:54) (3:20) (5:55) (6:23) (6:36) (7:20) (7:58)
-When he gets an offensive board, he likes to fadeaway out of the paint instead of taking it up strong. You're 6'10"! (1:40 mark)
-Doesn't get too much lift on his jumper
-His postups are unlikely to translate to the NBA. Stronger, athletic guys will be able to handle them.
-I'm not sure where it's come that he's a good outside shooter. He has NBA 3point range...but only shot 31% from the international 3 this year.
-Not much of a rebounder for his size. Grabbed 4.2 rpg in 31mpg.

Wow Mr. Scientist, can you tell me from watching that video what size his shoes are?
daballa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by daballa13
Wow Mr. Scientist, can you tell me from watching that video what size his shoes are?
Bet I could take Jay Bilas' job. So could half this board though...
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
daballa13
Great young streetballer
 
daballa13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 596
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Bet I could take Jay Bilas' job. So could half this board though...

daballa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star
 
CaNt Be ToUcHeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 528
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

he looks slow as molasses same with his opponents in the NBA their will be athletes not rocks
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
Geandily
Local High School Star
 
Geandily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

Mama Mia! Thassa one spicy meatball!
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
d_white089
Let's Go.....
 
d_white089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,806
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Bet I could take Jay Bilas' job. So could half this board though...
If he and Skip Bayless can get jobs with ESPN we should be able to have our own primetime show..
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:46 AM   #11
mattreis62
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 869
Default Re: Gallinari looks impressive

His dribbling ability will definitely come in handy in Mike D'antoni's system. He can grab a rebound and start the break without having to find the PG. It's also nice to see a European player who looks to use his size in the post.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy