Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-28-2008, 03:34 AM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default undrafted free agents?

i understand that warkentein says the team is just too good for a rookie to try to make. but i think there are some undrafted guys who if brought to camp would have to help

why not bring in 2 pg's to compete with ac, atkins& green- one of them could turn out huge and be a future backup pg or better

-demarcus nelson- 6-3 duke- i really feel this guy is almost the second version of westbrook in this draft- imo he is the second best defender at that spot of all potential rookies- i also think he may follow just rose & westbrook as a pure athlete- dukes 4 gaurd linup almost hurt him as he had to play 2-4 and cover 1-4 or even 5- i just see huge steal

& bring in
-jamont gordon 6-4 230 big and very fast & athletic- his thing is that he is completely one handed(left) it has to be 50/50 if his game will translate, but IF it does this guy is an immidiate impact- imagine a boykins like pg coming in running real fast- with and nfl linebackers frame

one of those points would probobly work out-

also i really believe that a top 15 player went undrafted

-davon jefferson 6-8 sc - this guy is an nba athlete pure & simple- it could do him and guy like jr & melo good to keep adding top fligt athletisism- how could it hurt- let him compete for that long defensive stopper

-josh duncan 6-9 sf/pf xavier- just a bull- to me has kleiza like athlete, very solid shooter & great athlete- only w boozers body minus 10 or 15 pounds-

all four of these players would have a chance to be absoulute steals- and im not one of those saying that every year- i really did like somewhere between 30-40 guys who could be nba players- and these guys are all some of them

any chance we get one of these guys? or another?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Re: undrafted free agents?

I like to see us get Josh Duncan because I believe he could be a good energy player from the bench. He hustles at every play and when he is up on the post offensively he goes up and gets the rebound and can get fouled when he goes up to go to the line. When he's up on the line he drills his free throws. This guy goes hard or goes home. I think if we do lose Kleiza to the Bulls for Hinrich I believe that Josh Duncan would fit right on this team.

Jamont Gordon can play the 1, 2, and 3. He is a little big guy that is just explosive if anything. He is one of the best guys in college that can create his own shot as well as having great ball handling skills and that is what the Nuggets need in a point guard right now.

I think these two guys have a chance at the Nuggets roster.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

With the stats you provided I believe demarcus nelson will be a steal for the Nugz
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

i have struggled to find any info on if the nugs signed any of the mentioned players- or anyone else for the summer league or training camp

if demarcus nelson was brought to camp w this team he would end up as the starting pg for this team- he is a bigger faster stronger and much better coached anthony carter- nelson's defense would be a huge upgrade from any gaurd on our team

has anyone heard anything about the nugs bringing in any undrafted players? or heard anything of nelson, davon jefferson,or josh duncan?

skipping the draft again was imo a huge mistake- believing that this roster is already "there" is laughable- is there a roster with worse balance in the entire nba? drafting a player to play sg when we have 7 other players for that spot???
Old 07-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

demarcus nelson signed w golden state- cant find anything about other players

im glad our team is so good that we are the only team in the league that doesnt need to use the draft- players on our team that the nugs got through the draft- nene, carmelo, kleiza- why continue to force these guys to stay as the "kids" by filling the roster w players all 10 years older than the young core

we had a guy start and play 30 mins a game who is a european league talent/nba 14th man at best- how can anyone say that there was no point gaurd that could compete with carter & atkins- karl has already shown that he does not see taurean green as an nba point, or he would have tried him

i shouldnt be so mad about missing nelson, but this is getting scary- our talent evaluators are so far off i dont understand how they arent so ashamed that they quit there jobs- 7 shooting gaurds and 3/4 of a point gaurd- and now trade camby and have no size
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: