Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #31
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why Was Andrew Bogut Picked 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
If I had to do the draft over, it should be:

1. Bynum
2. Deron
3. CP3
4. Bogut
5. Ellis

Why would you put Bynum over Williams and Bogut?

Bogut is averaging better than Bynum and only getting better, same goes with Bynum but he's more injured.

This should be the list.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Andrew bogut
4. Andrew Bynum
5. Ellis
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #32
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
very good college player, led the team to national title didn't he? and was the MVP of that college year or wateva?

but ye he's becoming alot more polished just needs 2 get michael i love shooting every chance i can redd, because he is a very good player now, just look at his stats against some of the teams with the best defence:

San Antonio: 17 points 15 rebounds (6 offensive), 3 blocks
Dallas: 24 points 14 rebounds
Utah: 23 points 10 rebounds

when he has the ball more he's alot more effective, and he basically did follow the formula of the bigman in the NBA, start off slow and then develop better, which he is now. i won't be surprised if he gets 18 10 and 2 next season.

He didn't win the Nat'l title that year. UNC did against my Illini. Was a great year of college basketball.

To answer the question...He did win CPOY, got all the accolades, and led a very mediocre Utah team to the tourney. He wasn't very gifted athletically, but his basketball IQ is tremendous. He's a fantastic passer and had pretty good footwork. No one knew Deron was going to be what he was, but Chris Paul was projected to be the best out of the draft. Overall the draft wasn't that strong as Bogut is still a top 5 player from it. So it wasn't a horrible decision though Deron and Paul have leaped bounds ahead of him...and Marvin Williams matter of fact.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #33
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
He didn't win the Nat'l title that year. UNC did against my Illini. Was a great year of college basketball.

To answer the question...He did win CPOY, got all the accolades, and led a very mediocre Utah team to the tourney. He wasn't very gifted athletically, but his basketball IQ is tremendous. He's a fantastic passer and had pretty good footwork. No one knew Deron was going to be what he was, but Chris Paul was projected to be the best out of the draft. Overall the draft wasn't that strong as Bogut is still a top 5 player from it. So it wasn't a horrible decision though Deron and Paul have leaped bounds ahead of him...and Marvin Williams matter of fact.

Bogut is a good athlete... Do you watch basketball? Prob top 5-10 athletic centers.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:37 AM   #34
Durant35
Banned

Durant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this board

Because he was a former College Player of the Year, and he also jammed on Tim Duncan in the 2004 Athens Olympics.
Durant35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #35
ClintDogg
I airball my layups

ClintDogg has an OK reputation so far

I cant stand Andrew Bogut, hes a wanna bee wig-g-er. And im from Australia too.

When he was 1st drafted he said "I will be better than Andrew Gaze, Luc Longley and SHnae Heal, they are too old and slow", they are 3 ICONS of Australian basketball and he dissed them in 1 go.
ClintDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #36
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintDogg
I cant stand Andrew Bogut, hes a wanna bee wig-g-er. And im from Australia too.

When he was 1st drafted he said "I will be better than Andrew Gaze, Luc Longley and SHnae Heal, they are too old and slow", they are 3 ICONS of Australian basketball and he dissed them in 1 go.
Gaze will always be the best australian player ever. He was like the australian Oscar Schmidt!!Same era too.it was a great era for basketball.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #37
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
If I had to do the draft over, it should be:

1. Bynum
2. Deron
3. CP3
4. Bogut
5. Ellis

1. CP3
2. Deron
3. Bynum
4. Ellis
5. Bogut (Perhaps)
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #38
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
1. CP3
2. Deron
3. Bynum
4. Ellis
5. Bogut (Perhaps)
Has anyone thought that maybe the bucks wanted a centre and not a point guard?just a thought.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #39
ClintDogg
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Gaze will always be the best australian player ever. He was like the australian Oscar Schmidt!!Same era too.it was a great era for basketball.

exactly.

And Bogut said this = http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho....php?p=2041258
Old 08-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #40
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintDogg

loooool
Bogut is better then all those 3 putted together :)))
Bogut will have a breakout season...you'll see...hateeers
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #41
ClintDogg
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot
loooool
U need to look up Andrew Gaze's Olympic stats. Shane Heal too. And u know Longley won championships in Chicago.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #42
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot
loooool
I think Bogut is a better player than Luc but Andrew Gaze?? You must be deluded pal!
Old 08-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #43
Unimane
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Unimane has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Has anyone thought that maybe the bucks wanted a centre and not a point guard?just a thought.

I lived in Milwaukee at the time and the argument was between Bogut and Williams. I was never sold on Williams and wanted Bogut.

However, at the time, T.J. Ford was the PG and so Paul was never seriously considered, although he was getting a lot of buzz about his workouts. Ford was even coming off of a very serious back injury. Bogut has been OK, but clearly the Bucks blew that one. Ford is now in Toronto and Mo Williams was traded to the Cavs. Needless to say, Paul would have been the way to go.
Unimane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:02 AM   #44
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimane
I lived in Milwaukee at the time and the argument was between Bogut and Williams. I was never sold on Williams and wanted Bogut.

However, at the time, T.J. Ford was the PG and so Paul was never seriously considered, although he was getting a lot of buzz about his workouts. Ford was even coming off of a very serious back injury. Bogut has been OK, but clearly the Bucks blew that one. Ford is now in Toronto and Mo Williams was traded to the Cavs. Needless to say, Paul would have been the way to go.
Bogut will improve.Have milwaukee got rid of YI?he gone to nets or something?cause he was a bigger blunder.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #45
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

Quote:
I think Bogut is a better player than Luc but Andrew Gaze?? You must be deluded pal!

i don't care what he did in the olympics...i'm an nba fan, i watch the nba and i care what happends in the nba
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: