Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Knicks Danilo Gallinari.

he's a bust
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #17
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
He will be one of the top 4 players in this draft(behind Beasly, Rose, and Mayo). With his height, skill set, basketball IQ, and passion he's easily our best player(SADLY). Mike D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh have stated he will be in the rotation and with D'Antoni's offense he will average double figures in his rookie season.
Yeah? We'll see. The Euro-player track record hasn't been that great lately and NY is probably the toughest town to play in, outside of Philly. If (No D)'Antoni's system doesn't click right away, they're going to be some very unhappy people in MSG.

If he thought the boos were loud on draft night, just wait.....
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #18
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
ok, superboy joke aside (which i seriously tried to resist making, but failed ), i've watched him quite a bit last season, and i think gallinari will be good but not a star NBA player.
he's too smart and skilled to be a failure, but athletic limitations will most probably prevent him from being a bona fide star. i think we're looking at a mike miller quality guy at his peak.

I'm thinking of a 6'10/6'11 Manu Ginobili. Unlike Miller, he drives into the paint with a fury and is not afraid of contact. He is also too aggressive and too good for his age to be another Miller or Hedo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYBt3mWRA2o

Quote:
Yeah? We'll see. The Euro-player track record hasn't been that great lately and NY is probably the toughest town to play in, outside of Philly. If (No D)'Antoni's system doesn't click right away, they're going to be some very unhappy people in MSG.

Wow, you seriously need to read the interviews this kid gave after the draft. He's not concerned at all about the pressure.

Last edited by SuperboyXX0018 : 06-28-2008 at 12:41 PM.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #19
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

umm, i actually think hedo is quite a bit better athlete that gallinari. hedo has a freakish first step and run the floor extremely well for his size. and you seem to forget that he just had an all-star quality 20/6/5 season on a very good team, that should IMO be a very best case scenario for gallinari.
i really doubt he has the footspeed to make attacking the basket his bread and butter in the NBA.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #20
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
umm, i actually think hedo is quite a bit better athlete that gallinari. hedo has a freakish first step and run the floor extremely well for his size. and you seem to forget that he just had an all-star quality 20/6/5 season on a very good team, that should IMO be a very best case scenario for gallinari.
i really doubt he has the footspeed to make attacking the basket his bread and butter in the NBA.

No he isn't, Gallinari can get up. He will be very difficult to guard anyway because of his size and skills. Plus he knows how to draw contact. He's going to be a pest!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #21
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Hedo is good with the hesitation moves like Pierce, although he might also be quicker than Pierce even though he's actually taller. Very athletic for his size.

Il Gallo has good hesitation moves too, and has pretty good speed for his big size. We'll see though. If he has high bball IQ like reported, then there's no doubt in my mind that he can evolve as a player and adapt to the NBA game and become a beast. Till then, I'll be in my corner reminiscing of a time when the Knicks were above average.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #22
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Gallinari better make sure to play hard and make husstle plays. That will atleast keep the booing on the side. His advantage over other rookies is he has his coach's 100% support and will do everything to make him effective. Unlike other rookies who has to earn his coach's trust and have a hard time to get some pt
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #23
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

All i know is hes not a bad player..

don't know about future all-star
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #24
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
All i know is hes not a bad player..

don't know about future all-star

Walsh, D'antoni and Thomas reconize talent and this kid has talent
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #25
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I don't recall myself saying that. But if the Knicks can dump both of them and go small, with D'Antoni's offense we have a really good shot at the 7th or 8th seed. PHX crushed the East with his offense every year.
You also said that RJ was not as good as Jamal Crawford. Oh and that by now Stephon Marbury would prove he was the 'best PG in the nba'
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #26
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

This kid could be good.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #27
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

His ball handling skills are very impressive for someone his size...Very smart with the ball and reads opponents body position well from the vids I have seen.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #28
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Wow, you seriously need to read the interviews this kid gave after the draft. He's not concerned at all about the pressure.
Sure, sure... We all know that interviews given just after a draft are an absolutely reliable indication of how a player's career will turn out.

What are you, 10 years old?
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #29
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

also got to remember if Gallinari played in college he would of teared it up. He would of beasted in college and have Beasley type of numbers. He can drive,shoot, pass, he's tough. Good pick and very versatile, I heard he can also play the 2 as well as the 4.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #30
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
You also said that RJ was not as good as Jamal Crawford. Oh and that by now Stephon Marbury would prove he was the 'best PG in the nba'

LINK?

Quote:
Sure, sure... We all know that interviews given just after a draft are an absolutely reliable indication of how a player's career will turn out.

What are you, 10 years old?

You don't understand this kid's maturity, the pressure will not effect him.

Last edited by SuperboyXX0018 : 06-28-2008 at 02:17 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: