Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 06-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool
Default Blazers First Game

I know its not for awhile, but is anyone else planning to attend the first game of the season? I hope its a home game, and I can see Oden score his first points, the Rose Garden will be LOUD when that happens. Also, feel free to discuss next years potential and all.....do you guys think that the Blazers are a championship team in 4 years? Will they make the playoffs next year?
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blazers First Game

I hope it is a home game as well, but I plan on going to the home opener regardless. That is assuming I don't have work or class at night.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just realized that I didn't address the rest of your questions. I do think we will make the playoffs next year, but as a lower seed. I hope and expect us to be championship contenders in 4 years. Actually winning one is pretty tough. Sometimes people throw out probabilities that are a little generous (I'm sure I've done this myself some time). But the truth is, there is only 1 championship every year and even the best teams are only about 25% likely of winning on a given year.

I'm expecting about 48-53 wins next season.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I'm going to try to attend. I think we will be the 6th seed next season.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

A little bump here, but how do you get tickets to the first game of the season? I'm looking around a little but don't know where to start...?
Old 06-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
Myth

Individual seats aren't on sale yet. Just check the Blazers official homepage every day until they are on sale. It just takes a quick moment. If you sign up as a fan on that site, you can also receive emails that give you updates including ticket stuff. If I'm by the Rose Garden and I know there is a specific game I want to go to, I buy the tickets there because you can avoid certain printing fees that other places charge. But its pretty close to the same if you just order them from the site itself. If it slips by you and the game sells out, you can go to ebay or stubhub. Its easier to find tickets on stubhub but the shipping is pretty spendy. I got a lot of tickets cheaper than retail price through ebay last year, but bigger games, such as Laker games/holiday games/home opener, have higher demand and the tickets will likely run more expensive than through the box office.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Okay, thanks. I will probably catch it, but just for good measure...can you post here, or mail me when you notice them on sale? =S
Old 06-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #8
Myth

I'll try to remember to post here just to remind all the Blazer fans in the Portland area.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #9
LOTBFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LOTBFan has an OK reputation so far

you can also buy tickets from the blazers site in the season ticket holders' section, i buy and sell there a lot myself, worth checking... i will porbably unload a good dozen sets there this season.
LOTBFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
GO_Blazers44
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GO_Blazers44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
A little bump here, but how do you get tickets to the first game of the season? I'm looking around a little but don't know where to start...?

If you want tickets for the first game the best way to get them would either be craigslist or www.stubhub.com. Thats the best way to find single game tickets imo.
GO_Blazers44 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: