Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #16
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have a few friends that went D1 and I was recruited to a few d2 schools and let me tell you, Cfb is a hell of alot better than hs football. If you watch college and then watch hs, the hs teams look like turtles. Yes Im from Texas and I played at corsicana which is in the same district as Ennis and we also played lufkin when i was a sophmore and reggie mcneal was there and they were ranked 5th in the nation(though that is a bunch of bs). For atmosphere, hs is probably second to college but for gameplay its light years behind anything else and its purely because its teenagers playing vs grown men playing. There are a few guys who could play as teenagers in college but very very few. Its just a huge talent differential.

I do like college more than the nfl even though there is a talent differential there to. As for this season i cant wait for OSU vs UT. I think OSU is a little overrated because they lost 5 first round picks after losing 2 games last year and they are supposed to be this unbelievable juggernaut now? I dont see it though smith is a beast. Plus I want to see my darkhorse heisman candidate Jamaal Charles destroy that defense with 9 new starters.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #17
Peter MacIntosh
Banned

Peter MacIntosh has no real reputation yet.

all obah da world dey love da footie on da Saturday.
Peter MacIntosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #18
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

The Irish will be National Champions this year. That offense can not be stopped, Brady Quinn lifting the Heisman Trophy following this year. Best offense in the nation.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:05 PM   #19
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I doubt that seriously. The o is good but the d will suck again and I do think that OSU has a better O.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #20
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I doubt that seriously. The o is good but the d will suck again and I do think that OSU has a better O.

Ohio State lost nearly all of their defensive starters from last year, they find themselves in the same situation as Notre Dame with a great offense but a poor or unproven defense. As a Notre Dame fan, I will obviously take Notre Dame over Ohio State.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #21
raiderfan19
Shazam!

I personally think WVA will make the title game and the homer in me thinks UT will get back too. As for the OSU comment, i was just saying that ND doesnt have the unquestioned best O in the nation. Read my first post on this page to see what I think of OSU. I was just saying that they could have a better O than ND.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #22
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
I personally think WVA will make the title game and the homer in me thinks UT will get back too. As for the OSU comment, i was just saying that ND doesnt have the unquestioned best O in the nation. Read my first post on this page to see what I think of OSU. I was just saying that they could have a better O than ND.

Fair enough - Texas will not make the National Championship with a two quarterback rotation. You have to have one leader, impossible to make it their with two guys playing quarterback.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
The Irish will be National Champions this year. That offense can not be stopped, Brady Quinn lifting the Heisman Trophy following this year. Best offense in the nation.

Doubt it. OSU is better and Notre Dame has to hed to Southern Cal to play.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #24
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Doubt it. OSU is better and Notre Dame has to hed to Southern Cal to play.

I dont get how the heading to souther cal has anything to do with anything since OSU has to head to Austin to play and UT is better than USC.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I dont get how the heading to souther cal has anything to do with anything since OSU has to head to Austin to play and UT is better than USC.

OSU is better then Texas whereas Notre Dame isnt that much better than USC. Get it? Well no you wont for OBVIOUS reasons. *cough*hater*cough*

Excuse me. Need to clear my throat.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #26
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't believe that anyone mentioned Nebraska.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 PM   #27
LAKESHOW34
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LAKESHOW34 has an OK reputation so far

First time in years that people in Bay Area have CFB to look forward to. Cal's Marshawn Lynch is legit. Stanford is not gonna be good but they have a new stadium. Can't wait for USC/Cal. Might be the year Cal upsets USC. Also, I'm hoping some friends and relatives from SC could hook me up w/ SC tickets. It's been damn near impossible trying to get quality SC games the last couple of years.
LAKESHOW34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #28
raiderfan19
Shazam!

how is osu better? UT is better at pretty much every position but qb though that is obviously the most important position.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
how is osu better? UT is better at pretty much every position but qb though that is obviously the most important position.

Ted Ginn?

OSU offense is simply better than Texas. No Vince Young? And altho yall got a stud at RB OSU has 2 Heisman canidates.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #30
raiderfan19
Shazam!

ginn is not a heisman candidate no matter what anyone says. Billy pittman is as good as ginn.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: