Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 10:40 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
ginn is not a heisman candidate no matter what anyone says. Billy pittman is as good as ginn.

Doing alot of hating over there bud.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #32
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default

Who have i hated on? OSu? No more than you have hated on UT. I said UT was better you said Osu was better. We will know in about 2 weeks.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Who have i hated on? OSu? No more than you have hated on UT. I said UT was better you said Osu was better. We will know in about 2 weeks.

Saying Ginn is not a Heisman canidate = hating.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:52 PM   #34
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default

I call bs. Its not hating. Hes not a heisman candidate. he has no prayer of winning. He is at BEST the 3rd best receiver in the country and that is being extremely generous. I personally wouldnt rank him top 5. I just dont see how a guy who has no argument whatsoever for being the best player at his position is a heisman candidate.

Troy smith? Completely different story the man is a beast.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:57 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I call bs. Its not hating. Hes not a heisman candidate. he has no prayer of winning. He is at BEST the 3rd best receiver in the country and that is being extremely generous. I personally wouldnt rank him top 5. I just dont see how a guy who has no argument whatsoever for being the best player at his position is a heisman candidate.

Troy smith? Completely different story the man is a beast.

You're the only one calling BS. WR, KR, PR. The ball is in his hands? He's dangerous and can produce. Tell me others who are kick/punt specialist along with being a WR that are better then him. You're hating. Face it. There is a damn argument.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:13 PM   #36
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default

theres an argument for him being the best receiver in the country? hahahahahahahahaha. GOBB meet Dwayne Jarret. Dwayne Jarret meet gobb. Simeon rice is also better. as is steve smith. As is smarzdjia(sp?) as is johnson. You want me to keep going? Ginn is overrated as hell.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
theres an argument for him being the best receiver in the country? hahahahahahahahaha. GOBB meet Dwayne Jarret. Dwayne Jarret meet gobb. Simeon rice is also better. as is steve smith. As is smarzdjia(sp?) as is johnson. You want me to keep going? Ginn is overrated as hell.

Who said reciever?????

KR = kick returner
PR = punt returner
WR = wide reciever

Ginn does KR + PR + WR = Heisman canidate

Ginn does what made Desmond Howard famous, having the ball in his hands ALOT and making plays. But keep going.

And no he wont win it because he plays on a team with another Heisman canidate who WILL have the ball in his hands alot whereas Ginn? Has the potential to get alot of touches but you just dont know. Sharing the ball is gonna lessen his chances. His chances arent great but he is a Heisman canidate whether you BELIEVE it or not...hater!

Last edited by GOBB : 08-28-2006 at 11:39 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:29 AM   #38
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default

whatever man, you wanna do an avatar bet as to whether or not he finishes top 5? Howard scored 23 tds the year he won the heisman. Ginn wont score more than 12. Huge difference. I know reggie bush got an award he didnt deserve because he was a very good pr and an average kr but that doesnt mean that returners automatically deserve to win the the heisman.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #39
The Mamba
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 818
Default

Not a big college football fan myself. I like defense, and the games in college are usually stacked on one side and not very competetive.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
whatever man, you wanna do an avatar bet as to whether or not he finishes top 5? Howard scored 23 tds the year he won the heisman. Ginn wont score more than 12. Huge difference. I know reggie bush got an award he didnt deserve because he was a very good pr and an average kr but that doesnt mean that returners automatically deserve to win the the heisman.


Huge difference? Geeze you cant be this clueless. Recap, Ginn is a Heisman canidate because he has the ability to return kicks, punts and play WR. That means he will have oppurtunities to touch the pigskin and make plays. Make plays = produce stats. Produce stats helps in the Heisman race. No he wont win it but you cant ARGUE he is not a Heisman canidate. Period.

Quote:
ginn is not a heisman candidate no matter what anyone says.

^^^Your quote. You're wrong. But like u said u dont care what anyone says. Stubborn
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:14 AM   #41
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos
 
xxxSuperStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix via Chicago
Posts: 1,265
Default

no I'm not excited for college football.

Used to love it, but now it's tiresome, boring and predictable. Two losses and your season is over. What fun is that?

Here are the 3 teams that will challenge for the title (surprise, surprise), everyone else better luck next year or enjoy your bull-jive pointless bowl games.

Ohio St.
Texas
USC
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #42
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default

add either wvu or louisville because of their schedules.

As to ginn, He is a great return guy and a good but not great receiver. Is it really that hard to not think hell be a heisman guy? I guess it depends on what you consider a candidate but didnt i hear this argument last year? where did he finish last year? Did he even get a single vote? Guys who are clearly ahead of him in no order
Quinn
Smith
Peterson
Bush
Jarrett
Rice
Smarjdzjia(i cant spell his name but you know who im talking about)
jamaal Charles
Hart
Henne
Brohm
Slaton
White
Mcfadden(if healthy)
Carpenter
Drew Tate
Chris Leak
Tyrell Sutton
Kenny Irons
Lynch


So if you consider the top 25 guys to all be candidates than sure he might be a candidate but theres no way he ends up winning it at all so i wouldnt call him a candidate.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #43
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays
 
Wadeisabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mobbin today
Posts: 1,648
Default

I think ginn is a great player, and just as much as a threat as Bush. According to ESPN, he is the NUMBER #1 GAMEBREAKER.

"1. Ted Ginn Jr., WR/RS, Ohio State
Despite Ginn's notching 51 catches on offense and returning two kicks for scores, it's safe to say his sophomore campaign was a disappointment. Word out of Columbus, though, is that Ginn is a changed man."

If he plays better than last year, he will be a heisman candidate.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #44
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default

why he wasnt close to being one last year? And we all know that espn knows what theyre talking about. USC was the greatest team of all time. Reggie bush was the best college player of all time(he isnt top 10). Just a couple of the horribly misguided notions ESPN had last year. Oh yeah add ginn being a heisman candidate to that list.

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 08-29-2006 at 10:32 AM.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
I think ginn is a great player, and just as much as a threat as Bush. According to ESPN, he is the NUMBER #1 GAMEBREAKER.

"1. Ted Ginn Jr., WR/RS, Ohio State
Despite Ginn's notching 51 catches on offense and returning two kicks for scores, it's safe to say his sophomore campaign was a disappointment. Word out of Columbus, though, is that Ginn is a changed man."

If he plays better than last year, he will be a heisman candidate.

You know (not being a smartass to you) you could browse alot of sports sites and find that Ginn is a Heisman canidate and everywhere you look? He's in the top 10. Check philly papers? Top 10. You can find more sports related sites (especially one focusing on college football) and see the same things said about Ginn. That last season was a dissapointment but this season he is a canidate for the Heisman and it depends on how many touches he gets and that rest solely on his teammate who is a Heisman canidate Troy Smith.

But leave it up to someone to pos 25 names and claim they aree clearly better. Thats what haters do. Lose focus of the real and ignore the REAL.

Ginn is a Heisman canidate. Top 10. This isnt will he win it. Want odds? They are lesser than that of Troy and Quinn. Happy? But to deny that he is a legit canidate is silly. Get over it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy