Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #46
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So you say that he is top 10 then which out of these guys is he better than?

Smith
Quinn
Peterson
Lynch
Slaton
Brohm
Smardjzia
Bush
Jarrett
Leak(or tate)

? Yes espn lists him as a heisman candidate and they did the same thing last year. Hes overrated. Hes very fast and hes dangerous as hell when he gets the ball. He is a gamebreaker im not arguing that at all. But hes just a good but not great receiver because he has no clue how to run routes because hes a converted db and qb and not a natural receiver. He seems like he has a high football iq so he may end up growing into being a great receiver but at this time hes a better college version of dante hall 3 years ago. Game breaker yes. Heisman? no. They are completely different things.

As a UT fan it will scare the hell out of me when he gets the ball but he doesnt run good enough routes to get it enough to be that scary besides returns, bubbles and screens. Its possible he has learned how to run routes in the last year and if so i could be wrong but i doubt seriously he has progressed far enough from the horrendous routes he ran last year to be a legit heisman contender.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #47
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Lascar78 has an OK reputation so far

man I can't wait until this saturday when we open our season by shocking Notre Dame when we beat them at home. I'll be there. I just can't wait, it's gonna be so much fun.
Lascar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:33 PM   #48
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gtech upsetting the mighty Dame?

But i cant wait for Sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
So you say that he is top 10 then which out of these guys is he better than?

Smith
Quinn
Peterson
Lynch
Slaton
Brohm
Smardjzia
Bush
Jarrett
Leak(or tate)

? Yes espn lists him as a heisman candidate and they did the same thing last year. Hes overrated. Hes very fast and hes dangerous as hell when he gets the ball. He is a gamebreaker im not arguing that at all. But hes just a good but not great receiver because he has no clue how to run routes because hes a converted db and qb and not a natural receiver. He seems like he has a high football iq so he may end up growing into being a great receiver but at this time hes a better college version of dante hall 3 years ago. Game breaker yes. Heisman? no. They are completely different things.

So i guess espn and every single sports affiliated site that has a heisman watch, ranking is overrating Ginn.

Not even sportsites its even sports papers ranking Ginn a top 10 canidate. You're acting like i said he would win it. Yes there is a difference between game breaker and heisman but no there isnt a difference saying he is a canidate. His odds of winning may not be high but the guys you listed? Arent phucking HIGH either. Its Brady Quinn's award to lose! And there may me 1-2 other canidates that can or will challenge him. So what lets make a top 3 because everyone else doesnt count? You're the only one I've come across who said Ginn isnt a Heisman canidate nor a top 10 canidate. Amazing.

But you cant convince a hater tho.

Quinn, Smith, Peterson, Irons (amazing he isnt on ur list) are guys I would rate ahead of Ginn with Ginn being next. You keep crapping on him as a WR which is comedy. He had a decent season last yr and really made his mark vs Notre Dame. This year he should better his numbers from last season and one thing he has going other WR's in the nation dont? The ability to return kicks and punts. He's a game breaker, highlight reel whenever he has the pigskin. That gets votes and thats a FACT.

Ginn is probably the most talented playmaker in college football!

Quote:
As a UT fan it will scare the hell out of me when he gets the ball but he doesnt run good enough routes to get it enough to be that scary besides returns, bubbles and screens. Its possible he has learned how to run routes in the last year and if so i could be wrong but i doubt seriously he has progressed far enough from the horrendous routes he ran last year to be a legit heisman contender.

I'm telling you he is legit. You'll see. Not campagning he wins it but when you see Heisman watch and they are lookin at what they did on the field for that particular game/Saturday? He's gonna give you production across the board. He's not Desmond Howard but he has those qualities which is how Desmond won it. By being a threat at more then catching the football. Not using Desmond to compare to Ginn and say they are the same, Ginn will win. But again I emphasize my point being when votes vote, when they watch Ginn play him catching passes is only one area they look for. They get the total package and the kid makes plays. He's destined for a big year.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:40 PM   #49
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Smith
Quinn
Peterson
Lynch
Slaton
Brohm
Smardjzia
Bush
Jarrett
Leak(or tate)

the funny thing is only jarrett and peterson are better players than drew stanton, but he won't get as much pub unless msu decides to show up for a whole season. don't be suprised when he gets drafted in the top 6 in the nfl draft next year.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #50
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
the funny thing is only jarrett and peterson are better players than drew stanton, but he won't get as much pub unless msu decides to show up for a whole season. don't be suprised when he gets drafted in the top 6 in the nfl draft next year.

When Drew grows a pair and beats either Michigan and/or OSU then he'll get pub.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #51
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

uh, he was dominating michigan two years ago before he got injured. he led a final second drive last year to send it to overtime.

leading a team to a 10-17 pt lead and then sending another game to ovetime is great. let me remind you that it was a missed fg that lossed msu the game last year.

there really is no point arguing though cause he is gonna be drafted very early in the first round so unless you want to type a reply for the sake of enjoyment, you might as well let this go.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #52
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Did he beat Michigan and OSU?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:21 PM   #53
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

can we skip the formalities...or is this gonna lead into something ground breaking from you?

he lead msu to a blow out win while he was on the field and an overtime loss the next season.

he led msu to a halftime lead against osu last season as well. if you remember, it was a return on a blocked fg attempt at the end of the half that turned the tide.

oh yea, he also crushed ND last season. he's simply a better qb than quinn.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #54
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Can we skip your BS and answer the question? I just enjoy how you are just desperately wanting to break down a QB from a team you root for.

"He's a top draft pick, dont be surprised if he goes top 6, he is better than brady quinn"

You're playing phucking dodgeball. Its ok tho. Continue getting defensive (over what?).
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #55
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

drew stanton is arguably the best pro QB prospect in the country? yes.

drew stanton is one of the top to pro QB prospects in the country along with quinn and it's not debatable? yes.

/end of discussion.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #56
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Irrelevant information. Gotta love overzealous fans who wait for any chance/oppurtunity to voice thier silly opinion on a player. Reason your boy wont get strong consideration/hype/pub for the Heisman award. When you answer my question you'll have your answer why. Gotta love defensive posters snapping like abused ankle biting dogs.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #57
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

irons was on my original list of about 20 ahead of ginn. Those pubs go on hype and you know that. Does ginn have hype? yes. Does he deserve it? Not really. He had exactly what you meantioned a good but not great season last year which is exactly my point. You cant defend calling someone a heisman candidate by saying he had a decent season. Also, you do realize that notre dame is terrible on defense right? We will see when he plays texas. one of us will be right. I will bump this thread either way. If he goes for over 100 receiving and or scores 2 or more tds than you were right. If not i was.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #58
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

Quote:
Irrelevant information. Gotta love overzealous fans who wait for any chance/oppurtunity to voice thier silly opinion on a player. Reason your boy wont get strong consideration/hype/pub for the Heisman award. When you answer my question you'll have your answer why. Gotta love defensive posters snapping like abused ankle biting dogs.

again, i don't know why you're typing this garbage. stanton is one of the top 2 QB's in the nation. you harping on me being a fan of his doesn't change that.

*waits for gobb to call me a desperate fan again*
Old 08-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #59
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Michigan and OSU. Record vs them?

Keep telling me irrelevant info and stating things I already know about him.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:20 AM   #60
raiderfan19
Shazam!

i like stanton but when did he pass smith or quinn?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: