Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-30-2006, 01:32 AM   #61
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
and stating things I already know about him.

so you know he's top 2. thank you.

and every nfl scout and expert knows stanton is a better pro QB than smith raiderfan. it will be more split between quinn and stanton, but smith isn't even in the discussion.

remember, heisman hype goes to players on great teams.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 AM   #62
raiderfan19
Shazam!

i wasnt talking about for the pros. They are in college right now right? for right now what matters is their college qb ability and smith is alot better than stanton in that aspect.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 AM   #63
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:44 AM   #64
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
what matters is their college qb ability and smith is alot better than stanton in that aspect.

actually no. guarantee you with absolute honesty that if tressle could magically swap smith for stanton, he would.

stanton has a better arm, better IQ, almost as athletic...there really isn't anything that smith has on him other than athleticism and like i said, it isn't by that much.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:43 AM   #65
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
actually no. guarantee you with absolute honesty that if tressle could magically swap smith for stanton, he would.

stanton has a better arm, better IQ, almost as athletic...there really isn't anything that smith has on him other than athleticism and like i said, it isn't by that much.

And yet his chances of winning a Heisman are far less than that of Smith. Ask yourself why and it probably answers my question.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:58 AM   #66
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
so you know he's top 2. thank you.

and every nfl scout and expert knows stanton is a better pro QB than smith raiderfan. it will be more split between quinn and stanton, but smith isn't even in the discussion.

remember, heisman hype goes to players on great teams.

You're talkin draft, nfl future and stanton has the tools for that level. We're talkin college. Go figure. Again it seems your entire argument is trying to sell us the fact he will go high in next years draft being most likely the 2nd QB taken. Cant speak for anyone else but thats something I knew before this thread was even made.

Me and raider started talkin heisman canidates. You jumped in, cool. But now its nfl potential this and that.

Quinn and Smith are the top 2 QB's in college right now.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #67
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Quinn and Smith are the top 2 QB's in college right now.

Cosign.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #68
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
And yet his chances of winning a Heisman are far less than that of Smith. Ask yourself why and it probably answers my question.

i already established that smith and quinn play on way better TEAMS and that's your ticket to becoming a heisman candidate.

as for you saying i'm only talking about pro potential, i'll paste my earlier quote again:

Quote:

this quote has nothing to do with the nfl.

here, i'll make this very clear. if stanton was playing on osu or ND, he'd improve their offense.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
this quote has nothing to do with the nfl.

I bet Tressel wouldnt swap em.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #70
raiderfan19
Shazam!

ill guarantee you tressel wouldnt swap them. I am a huge UT fan and trust me there is nothing scarier than a qb that can beat you with both his arm and his wheels. Smith isnt quite as good as vince and i dont think hes quite the pro prospect vince was because of the height differential but smith is a MONSTER. He scares me more than anyone on the UT schedule and that includes adrian peterson. I think we have pretty clearly established im not an osu homer or anything with the ginn debate but stanton is not a better qb than smith for college. The comparison is essentially equal to Cutler vs Vince in college which really wasnt that close.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #71
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
ill guarantee you tressel wouldnt swap them. I am a huge UT fan and trust me there is nothing scarier than a qb that can beat you with both his arm and his wheels. Smith isnt quite as good as vince and i dont think hes quite the pro prospect vince was because of the height differential but smith is a MONSTER. He scares me more than anyone on the UT schedule and that includes adrian peterson. I think we have pretty clearly established im not an osu homer or anything with the ginn debate but stanton is not a better qb than smith for college. The comparison is essentially equal to Cutler vs Vince in college which really wasnt that close.

Cosign.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #72
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

that's if you believe stanton doesn't have wheels.

i believe he ran for over 600 yards two years ago.

he tried to become more of a passer last season after what happened against michigan two seasons ago. he can still run like crazy when he wants to. not at the level of smith, but running ability shouldn't be the reason you pick smith over stanton.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #73
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
that's if you believe stanton doesn't have wheels.

i believe he ran for over 600 yards two years ago.

he tried to become more of a passer last season after what happened against michigan two seasons ago. he can still run like crazy when he wants to. not at the level of smith, but running ability shouldn't be the reason you pick smith over stanton.

In college it can be the reason.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #74
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

but what i'm saying is stanton is one of the few guys where smith doesn't kill him in the running department. stanton can run very effectively himself.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #75
raiderfan19
Shazam!

and smith can throw very effectively himself. Its a fair comparison to the vince and cutler comparison because cutler could run some too just not like vince. Stanton has wheels but he has wheels in the cutler or Big ben sense that he can beat you if ignore him. Smith has wheels closer to the vince level where you can game plan for it and he can still beat you with the wheels.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: