Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should the sixers target in free-agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I'm not sure I get that. Sixers are under the cap, so they can throw an amount to a player without worrying too much about the cap, right? Can't Sixers just offer, say, Duhon or James the equivalent money to a MLE -that as far as I know is the average amount of money a player in the NBA receives-?

I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it right ?_?

The MLE is usually in the 5.5 mil range give or take. What it's saying is that since the sixers have 11 mil...they don't get the 11 mil AND the 5.5 MLE. Just the 11 mil. Whereas a team that has say 3 mil in cap space gets bumped up to the 5.5 mil. If we had the 11 mil and MLE we'd have like 16.5 mil in cap space...and the league doesn't want that.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #17
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
The MLE is usually in the 5.5 mil range give or take. What it's saying is that since the sixers have 11 mil...they don't get the 11 mil AND the 5.5 MLE. Just the 11 mil. Whereas a team that has say 3 mil in cap space gets bumped up to the 5.5 mil. If we had the 11 mil and MLE we'd have like 16.5 mil in cap space...and the league doesn't want that.
Ok, thanks for the clarification :)

Well, in a couple of hours we'll know what's the status on Brand... Hope dies last, though it's on its last breathes as of now.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Elton Brand Opts Out...

Sixers Let's Go Baby!!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #19
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Elton Brand Opts Out...

Sixers Let's Go Baby!!
he says he wants to stay in la
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #20
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
he says he wants to stay in la
He has to say that. I'm sure he'll look to see what kind of money LAC will cough up first. If it looks attractive enough, he might stay. If it doesn't he'll give the famous line. "We were moving in a different direction."
Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #21
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I admit it, I'm starting to feel just a little bit faithful.

Go after Brand Sixers... go go go go!!
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:53 AM   #22
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I admit it, I'm starting to feel just a little bit faithful.

Go after Brand Sixers... go go go go!!
if we do get him.......

stefanski
Old 07-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #23
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Atlanta Journal Constitution and Orlando Sentinal report the Sixers have contacted Josh Smith and will meet with him as soon as Wednesday.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #24
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

i'm hesitant about overpaying for a 29/30 year old pf who is undersized to begin with and is coming off a major injury....
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #25
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
i'm hesitant about overpaying for a 29/30 year old pf who is undersized to begin with and is coming off a major injury....
Since when has being undersized hurt him? career numbers of...

20.3 ppg
10.2 rpg
2.1 bpg
2.7 apg
50.5 fg%

The injury shouldn't be a worry. He returned for the final 8 games of last season and averaged 18/8/2 which is kind of similar to a training camp for him. He's fine.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #26
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

looks like he will take a paycut to play with b diddy. o well.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Josh Smith in Philly today
Old 07-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #28
Sir_Chuckles
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sir_Chuckles has an OK reputation so far

yes he is. We have more money that Atlanta would want to actually spend for him. I'm pretty sure we are going to grab J-Smoov.
Sir_Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #29
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
The Sixers are a young team with a bright future. First you gotta resign Iggy and Andre Miller to extentions, dont even wait for next season... this way you get to see your future outlook in terms of money for the future. (depends how much iggy and millers extentions are).

If Philly could get Brand that would be a HUGE signing. the roster isnt bad and with the addition of brand, it would put this team to contend againts the upper class teams in the east.

I agree with Duhon, he would be a great backup point.
I don't know about Miller he dosen't seem like he really wants to be here. Second he has an expiring contract that and he raised the level of his play last season. I would move him seriously with no hesitation that's why Ed isn't making Miller a priority. I do agree with signing Iggy I want him on this team for sure.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #30
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Chuckles
yes he is. We have more money that Atlanta would want to actually spend for him. I'm pretty sure we are going to grab J-Smoov.
I hope so I know he isn't you traditional back to the basket player. But he is a shot blocking demon and has nice defense. He can also give you some scoring as well. I know most don't care for him but I would take this guy in a heartbeat. Also I keep hearing Atlanta will match any deal for him are they just selling tickets.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: