Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 AM   #16
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Re: Beasley will disappoint, Wade/Riley wanted Mayo (speculation)

i guess if he gets stronger and seals people off he could play D the way Kevin Love does but thats at the expense of his quickness on the other end

Plowking, he's most similar in build to Ryan Gomes, who is undersized.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 AM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think this team is going to be exciting, mayo would have been fine too and maybe had a little more star power? but with marion and wade this team can run the floor, if they can get some defense going to start the fast break
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:08 AM   #18
final.wrath
Banned

mayo would have been a perfect compliment to wade and they were fast friends, i was very dissapointed to see beasley picked.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:19 AM   #19
SIRI1

SIRI1 has decent reputationSIRI1 has decent reputation

Mayo isnt a PG. He can say he is all he wants but he just isnt. He averaged more turnovers then assists in college. That's not who you want running the point when Wade is also turnover prone.
SIRI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:26 AM   #20
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRI1
Mayo isnt a PG. He can say he is all he wants but he just isnt. He averaged more turnovers then assists in college. That's not who you want running the point when Wade is also turnover prone.

wade is definately turnover prone but he is also most effective with the ball in his hands. last year the turnovers were worse because he was forced into a playmaking role because he couldn't create his own shot as well being consistently doubled and tripled.

he needs a guy like mayo who is comfortable off the ball and can shoot from outside.

teams with players like wade, lebron, gilbert, t-mac, kobe have less use for a floor general because they create their own shots and are good enough to do the same for others.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:44 AM   #21
SIRI1

SIRI1 has decent reputationSIRI1 has decent reputation

Yeah, because of Wade being the primary playmaker you dont need a pure PG next to him. You just need a guy who can open up the floor for him and hit the open shots when you get them.

Miami got Mario Chalmers in the 2nd round. I'm not saying he's OJ Mayo, but that's the type of player you need next to Wade. Chalmers doesnt have the best handles but thats not needed next to Wade. He shot 47% from 3 last season, and is a pretty good defensive player which is also a plus next to Wade. That's all you need, and those guys could be found without spending a #2 pick on one. Rafer Alston, Keyon Dooling and Damon Jones made millions off of Wade.

Last edited by SIRI1 : 06-29-2008 at 04:46 AM.
SIRI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:40 AM   #22
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
yeah but this is different than butler over jeffries or wade over kaman. beasley is the worst kind of tweener and he has signifigant problems with defense.
I'd select Beasley over Sheed who jacks up 10 3-pointers a game while making one or two 100 times out of 100. Too bad Sheed had a potential to be really good, but he decided not to be since he fell in love with jumpshots. If you're over 6-10, unless you're named Dirk, you shouldn't shoot 3-pointers that many.

As for Beasley being a bust, wait until he actually gets paired with Wade. Majority of insiders are saying that Beasley will be the best player of this class, not Rose, and I guess there's a reason why.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:44 AM   #23
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
I totally agree with wrath for the most part. I just want to know if the Heat are truly thinking about trading him.

Where do u guys see him being traded if anywhere?
Who the hell from the Miami Heat organization said that they would trade Beasley? Riley said that Beasley would stay, and he sounded pretty excited about having Beasley, but people like you only listen to some rumours created by a no-name 12 year old.

If those rumours had any legitimacy, the Bulls would've already got Wade instead of Rose.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:50 AM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
I'd select Beasley over Sheed who jacks up 10 3-pointers a game while making one or two 100 times out of 100. Too bad Sheed had a potential to be really good, but he decided not to be since he fell in love with jumpshots. If you're over 6-10, unless you're named Dirk, you shouldn't shoot 3-pointers that many.

what does this have to do with rasheed, at all?
you assume that because he's my avatar, that you can irritate me by attacking him? i mustve irritated you by critisizing beasley for this to logically make sense. my bad, thats not the point.

btw its more like 30/100 he makes not "one or two times 100 out of 100" (which makes no sense but i forgive you because english is not your 1st language obviously)

Quote:
As for Beasley being a bust, wait until he actually gets paired with Wade. Majority of insiders are saying that Beasley will be the best player of this class, not Rose, and I guess there's a reason why.

idk beasley could be very good i just always see him giving up almost as many points on D as he scores on the other end. i'm not saying he'll be a bust, i'm just saying he wont be a guy you could build a team around like Durant who's numbers are often compared to his in college.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:57 AM   #25
Heat's Finest
I brick open layups

Heat's Finest has an OK reputation so far

Beasley is only 19 years old, his defense will improve over time. Plus i'm sure people like Reily, Mourning, Marion(if he's still there) would be giving him advice about his defense aswell. Let's wait and see.
Heat's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:00 AM   #26
Rafa
Kids at the park dunk on me

Rafa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Who the hell from the Miami Heat organization said that they would trade Beasley? Riley said that Beasley would stay, and he sounded pretty excited about having Beasley, but people like you only listen to some rumours created by a no-name 12 year old.

If those rumours had any legitimacy, the Bulls would've already got Wade instead of Rose.

Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:04 AM   #27
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
idk beasley could be very good i just always see him giving up almost as many points on D as he scores on the other end. i'm not saying he'll be a bust, i'm just saying he wont be a guy you could build a team around like Durant who's numbers are often compared to his in college.
I don't know why Durant's name is being kept mentioning here. Their games are completely different, it's only their numbers that are similar. It means that we got tons of posters who only read what random 14 year old kids are posting on the net while refusing to actually watch the game.

I personally do not like to see a 6-10 guy shoot outside jumpers so I wouldn't build my team around a guy like Durant or Andrea Bargnani, that would be one of many reasons that I also wouldn't build my team around Sheed, but anyway, it remains to be seen if Beasley really is going to actually give up more points than he scores in the NBA, and the chances of that happening would be very very slim given he was by far the best scorer in college.

You said that your post is speculation, but you're saying like it's a FACT that anybody could score 30 on Beasley. It won't happen. Let's see who would be having the last laugh after his rookie season is finished.

Last edited by Human Error : 06-29-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:50 AM   #28
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

This entire thread is nothing but a bunch of reaching for the most part.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 06-29-2008 at 06:54 AM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #29
zebraheat
I hit open layups

zebraheat has an OK reputation so far

Beasley will dominate similarly to Charles Barkley. He is an extremely hard worker, good bball iq, and highly recommended by his former coaches. I cannot see why he couldn't defend the PF position especially since there are very few low post PF in the game today? Duncan, Jefferson.. all others play high post. final.wrath, your view is unbalanced and extreme, focusing on Beasley's potential weaknesses before he has even played an NBA game.

PF's measured at 6-7ish are Boozer, Brand, Martin, West. and here's a hint: They are all all-stars.

Get out of here final.wrath; opinions are like a-hole; everyone has one.
zebraheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #30
lacasner
unpopular truth

lacasner has not been impressing people

I can't believe what I'm hearing from OP. To say Michael Beasely will be unsuccessful because he is 6'8 is completely hilarious.

If OP watched MB at all this year in college he would have noticed the terrific offensive awareness he has. He is super-smooth, and as his nba-quickness improves he will be running circles around the slow bigs in the league.

That is, if he even plays PF, but I feel he'll play primarily SF put the heat will post him up half the time and the other half do pick/roll with wade or iso against knuckleheads like rasheed all day on the baseline. The guys touch is impeccable and he will not have problems at all getting his shot off just because of a 2/3 inch height difference. The only problem which he might have is finishing strong at the rim, but with timing practice and sealing his man out properly, he should improve in this area.

The fact he offers such tremendous versatility to the heat helps them greatly. In turn, I can see him comboing SG/SF/PF depending on what match ups miami wants to attain, when they decide to play Wade at point. Really, all it comes down to is how bad Beasely's desire is. If he sincerely wants to work hard and become what he can be molded to be, he will do it. His defense will always be slightly sub-par, but with effort he can make it to where he isn't a liability.

Predictions:
Mbeasly: ROY with 14-9
Rose: Not much with like 8-3 points/assists.
lacasner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: