Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #31
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Beasley will disappoint, Wade/Riley wanted Mayo (speculation)

You are just a complete moron if you keep bringing up Beasley's size en route to detracting from his potential.

He's practically the same exact damn size as the following: Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, David West, Antawn Jamison.

All them dudes are all stars.

Again, just some complete REACHING going on here from the OP.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #32
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL at the OP comparing Michael Beasley to Ryan Gomes.

Did you forget to mention that Beasley has some of the best college stats in a long time. Also that his first year stats are better then anything Gomes produced in his 4 years at college. Beasley had better stats in his first year then Gomes had in his final year.

He rebounds better, better scorer, more range, better touch, better vision, more aggresive, harder worker. What do you want? He will work well in the league especially with Alonzo and Marion to work with.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #33
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't get this either. Riley should have just taken Mayo then. It's not like Mayo's a scrub. Mayo, its possible, could end up better than Beasley.

Look at 2005 draft. Bogut and Williams were the "obvious" #1 and #2 selections, remember? If the Bucks said "ya know, we really like this Chris Paul guy, but we really should take Bogut because he's the highest ranked guy", wouldn't that have been ridiculous?

Heat should have just taken Mayo and not look back.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #34
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
He's not a two way player. Described as "horrible" defensively since his high school days, some optimistic fans and scouts chalk this up to youthful inexperience. Probably better suited at the 3, Beasley will be forced to guard PFs due to his lack of lateral quickness and overall disinterest in the defensive part of the game. His matchups will be able to take advantage of his smaller size, and he has never shown a knack for blocking shots or keeping his man from getting post position. I expect opposing teams to go at him early and often, which will stunt his playing time and hurt his chances of nearing the stat averages Heat fans will expect.

Beasley is actually pretty good with lateral quickness. He will not have a problem guarding small forwards at all.

I always find this funny how people who dont know a player say he isnt a hard worker..

So Rose is a gym rat but has no skills besides athletism...Beasley has a developed post game, jumper and has great rebounding positioning along with a decent jab step series and he doesnt work at it at all. I guess it was all given to him by God??

Last edited by Younggrease : 06-29-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #35
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Beasley is actually pretty good with lateral quickness. He will not have a problem guarding small forwards at all....
I'm not impressed by Bealey's lateral quickness; although I think his deficiencies there have more to do with poor footwork than poor athleticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
So Rose is a gym rat but has no skills besides athletism...Beasley has a developed post game, jumper and has great rebounding positioning along with a decent jab step series and he doesnt work at it at all. I guess it was all given to him by God??
I have to disagree about the post game and jab series points. I think Beasley is a lot more "raw" than people admit.

Do agree about Derrick Rose though.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #36
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
LOL at the OP comparing Michael Beasley to Ryan Gomes.

LOL at you. I said his BODY TYPE is most similar to Ryan Gomes, who is undersized at the PF. I did not compare their talent on the court.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #37
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
LOL at you. I said his BODY TYPE is most similar to Ryan Gomes, who is undersized at the PF. I did not compare their talent on the court.
Skill wise Ryan Gomes is actually more polished than Mike Beasley. The difference between the two are athletic skills and physical tools.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #38
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacasner
I can't believe what I'm hearing from OP. To say Michael Beasely will be unsuccessful because he is 6'8 is completely hilarious.

thats not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying his defense is the main problem. being undersized is just one facet of his problems on d, it has more to do with a lack of skill on that end of the floor. all the great PFs are two way players, m.b is not. yeah I think playing SF might be better for him at this point.

how would you heat fans react if Beasley is traded for Mayo? it looks like its a possibility at least.

Last edited by final.wrath : 06-29-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #39
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Skill wise Ryan Gomes is actually more polished than Mike Beasley. The difference between the two are athletic skills and physical tools.

do you think beasley is better off guarding the perimeter or the post?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #40
Da KO King

Quote:
do you think beasley is better off guarding the perimeter or the post?
Actually I'd say he's better off defending on the inside. With the steady decreasing number of skilled interior scorers he won't get lit up as often as he would on the outside.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #41
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Actually I'd say he's better off defending on the inside. With the steady decreasing number of skilled interior scorers he won't get lit up as often as he would on the outside.

That makes sense especially if you think about the lack of them in the East.

Would you have taken Mayo or Beasley?
Old 06-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #42
Da KO King

Value wise I would take Mike Beasley and look for a draft day trade.

Ranking wise I had OJ Mayo as 1B to Beasley's 1A but would have gone with Mayo. I just feel Mayo fits in with Miami better than Beasley does.

When the difference in ranking is that close I say screw best player available and go with what fits best.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #43
[)-Wa[)3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

[)-Wa[)3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
thats not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying his defense is the main problem. being undersized is just one facet of his problems on d, it has more to do with a lack of skill on that end of the floor. all the great PFs are two way players, m.b is not. yeah I think playing SF might be better for him at this point.

how would you heat fans react if Beasley is traded for Mayo? it looks like its a possibility at least.

Didn't realize Boozer was a good defender. Didn't realize West was a good defender either. Damn, you're right, all if the great PF's today are two-way players. What about Jamison? Webber was great wasn't he? None of them are great defenders so how come they're considered great? What about Amare? Anyone who claims Beasley can't play defense hasn't watched him play, clearly. Beasley is an above-average on-ball defender. He's a poor help defender, I'll give you that, but he is a very good on-ball one. And, as for shot-blocking, he is a very good shot blocker and for you to say that is just ludicrous. He averaged close to two bpg and, if you read this article, it will prove to you that Beasley can block shots. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...6184674.column
Scroll towards the bottom of the article and read the last two paragraphs. Beasley has more offensive skills than Boozer, West, and can hit the three like Dirk, even though Dirk does have the better shot. But, Beasley is the full package; he can score in every way possible, he can defend and is extremely strong (he benched 185 19 times, which is better than Amare who benched it 12 times) He has a very nice reach and you don't grab rebounds with your head, you grab it with your hands. Beasley is a banger, he's not afraid to get pushed around and will do plenty of his own pushing to get loose balls, rebounds, and hustle plays on both ends of the court. So, Beasley is 6'8" 1/2, he still has room to grow. And, if you look at all of the great PF's that are 7'0" and above, they all have become shooters or are soft. KG is primarily a shooter now, Dirk is a shooter and is soft, Gasol is soft, JO isn't even an all-star anymore, Rasheed is a shooter as well. Beasley is going to be better than fine, he's going to be great and is going to have an immediate impact. You're looking at all of the b/s articles people throw out on the internet to try and find the one knock on Beasley, but if you read any article where Beasley's past coaches have talked about him, all they say is how humble and good-hearted, and great this kid is. You're trippin; you can't knock a kid you've never met, barely watched play, and read various articles looking for problems in his game.
[)-Wa[)3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #44
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

My god. C'mon bruh.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #45
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44

My god. C'mon bruh.
Seriously have you actually watched Ryan Gomes and Mike Beasley play? Or more importantly do you understand what the term "polished" means?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: