Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #61
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Beasley will disappoint, Wade/Riley wanted Mayo (speculation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Kenny Thomas is possibly the most polished big man in the league. Back then Clarence Weatherspoon. But does that mean a damn thing? No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
I've seen Da KO King post tons of complete nonsense & garbage for the past few years so it doesn't surprise me at all that he's now comparing Beasley to Ryan Gomes. He'll get proven wrong in the near future as always.
Yes, by saying that Gomes was more polished than Beasley I was implying that Gomes will certainly be the better of the two.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:55 AM   #62
lacasner
unpopular truth

lacasner has not been impressing people

I think the people who knock Beasley's defense from what they saw at K-state and elsewhere didn't get a good picture of what he can realistically become. Let me ask you guys this question. In any of the games you saw Beasely play, did he ever look like he was bored? Like he was just on the court to be there and score/rebound and leave?

The answer is yes, and that is why it appears like he just never gave the effort to play really lock down defense. I suppose he just felt he didn't need to, like he was some big sh*t who could just do whatever he wanted and no player could stop him. It's not a good attitude, but it's not uncommon with players of his skill level to do that (it's a sign of his immaturity). I'm pretty sure the heat will correct this though, but there is always a chance they won't.
lacasner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:01 AM   #63
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Beasley has all the physical tools to be a beast on the offensive and defensive end. He bangs bodies with his opponent well down low from what I've seen. He has a long wingspan, big body, solid frame, huge reach. All the things necassary to allow him to be a good defender. Sure I don't think he'll ever be great, though with Shawn Marion and Alonzo there, he will be getting help with post defense as well as wing and help defense.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: