Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 04:43 AM   #16
Im so nba'd out
Proud Sixer Fan

Default Re: Which Player is right on the cusp of superstardom

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
didnt iguodala average like 10 ppg in this seasons playoffs? he was going thru it worse than smith was on his worst day, i see his potential too, but i lost respect for him in those playoffs, if he would have showed up at least ONCE yall could have had a chance to knock off the pistons, if the NBA would have allowed it lol
Josh Smith looked like a dear in headlights during game 7 he couldn't even dribble the ball without turning the ball over and he only had like 7 points.
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #17
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
i would say caron butler being a 2 time allstart selection and in my opinion a top 5 sf is allready a superstar.

Caron is a solid player
maybe by the end of next year or 2 years and he shows more of what he can do then maybe

but I wouldnt put him in the same category as guys like Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, Pierce, Nash, Duncan, Arenas, Mcgrady etc
Koop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #18
Heretik32
Myrrh

I'll throw in an unsuspected name: Mike Miller. Increased role in Minnesota is all he needs.

Apart from him, Josh Smith and that Ellis guy will be superstars soon if they continue to improve; no reason to think they won't.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:50 AM   #19
ZeN

I dont surmise to label him with the label superstar because he will not reach such status.. however.. Al Thornton of the Clippers will become a beast next year and he will be a sort of star standout next season... that you can book....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:57 AM   #20
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
Josh Smith looked like a dear in headlights during game 7 he couldn't even dribble the ball without turning the ball over and he only had like 7 points.

dude, iguodala averaged 13 ppg on 33% FGs 14% 3pt.......

right now, Josh Smith>>>>>>>>>Andre Iguodala

its really no comparison right now, if the sixers played the celtics they would have been swept mercilessly
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:01 AM   #21
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

yeah iggy looked really really bad in the playoffs...
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:02 AM   #22
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I dont surmise to label him with the label superstar because he will not reach such status.. however.. Al Thornton of the Clippers will become a beast next year and he will be a sort of star standout next season... that you can book....
I can defintly see Thornton improving a lot this upcoming season. Nothing fantastic or amazing, but he will improve and would be a great asset on any team.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:03 AM   #23
ZeN

Quote:
didnt iguodala average like 10 ppg in this seasons playoffs? he was going thru it worse than smith was on his worst day, i see his potential too, but i lost respect for him in those playoffs, if he would have showed up at least ONCE yall could have had a chance to knock off the pistons, if the NBA would have allowed it lol

That was this last postseason.. which will reflect not an aspect of what next season looks to bring...

Iggy is gonna mature from that experience and he will grow into a consistent player.. you can book it...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:13 AM   #24
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
That was this last postseason.. which will reflect not an aspect of what next season looks to bring...

Iggy is gonna mature from that experience and he will grow into a consistent player.. you can book it...

i agree, and i hope to see that.
but i can also guarentee that Josh SMITH is gonna be a BEAST next season, he learned a great deal in those playoffs too, also set a franchise record with 7 blocks in game 3, he's gonna keep that defensive entensity but also focus on being a scorer, he will definetly be an all-star next year and if not next year than the year after, Al Horford will be a 20-12 PF and will also be an all-star
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:16 AM   #25
Im so nba'd out
Proud Sixer Fan

Iggy just needs to play the shooting guard not small forward and if iggy had a joe johnson on his team that was better then him im sure it would be Iggy>>>>>>J.Smooth Iggy has to put in more energy on offense then josh smith so his defense suffered this past season. i remembe when he had a.i on his team he had lock up defense and people were comparing him to a Scottie Pippen type of player.
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #26
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
but i can also guarentee that Josh SMITH is gonna be a BEAST next season, he learned a great deal in those playoffs too, also set a franchise record with 7 blocks in game 3, he's gonna keep that defensive entensity but also focus on being a scorer, he will definetly be an all-star next year and if not next year than the year after, Al Horford will be a 20-12 PF and will also be an all-star

brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #27
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I can defintly see Thornton improving a lot this upcoming season. Nothing fantastic or amazing, but he will improve and would be a great asset on any team.

At the very least I expect your words to be fulfilled...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #28
momo
Value Ape.

Guys like iggy and smith having a subpar last round in the playoffs is nothing unusual for up and coming stars new to the postseason.

I don't know, maybe he is already at that level, but Deron Williams really impresses me. I could see him having a season like Hedo Turkoglu did last season where he gos from being known to known... enough game winners or high lights to be on everyones lips, nation wide. Tim Hardaway had a year like that on the heat.

I think Heretik32's pick of mike miller is a good one. I never think of him tel he is killing the lakers in some game :P He always seems bigger and quicker than I remember.

Butler. One more good season and a good playoff showing IMHO... he might already be at that level but I think he is a star hoopheads know. If my mom asks me what I think of a player, then they are a supperstar
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:34 AM   #29
ZeN

Quote:

Im not inclined to go so far as to declare Smith and Horford grandmaster material...

However I do believe that they have the ability to do so... so lets hope they are able to take advantage of experience and make that leap...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:39 AM   #30
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend

LOL @ people thinking Caron Butler is on the cusp of super stardom. Dude has had 2 good seasons so far but by no means is he on a superstar status level. I don't even see him improving that much from this last season. He is hitting his peak right now.
DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: