Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 05:44 AM   #31
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Which Player is right on the cusp of superstardom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Im not inclined to go so far as to declare Smith and Horford grandmaster material...

However I do believe that they have the ability to do so... so lets hope they are able to take advantage of experience and make that leap...

i like your style, mr. Zen, and i agree with you once again. of course i am confident in my hometeam and i actually know mr. josh smith personally so i see his growth myself, he and we know about his 'potential' and i'm simply doing my part to contribute the the greatness of my comrade by faith in his abilities not in the future but in the now. Also, seriously, Al Horford and Dwight Howard simular types of beast, their passion, dedication to the game on the court and as big men will materialize their goals, and they are gonna be the league leaders in rebounds for the next decade
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:59 AM   #32
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation here

I've seen Roy on a list of top SG's and Brandon Roy was only under Kobe and Manu. I think he is a super star, just needs to keep doing what he has been doing or get even better than he already is. There is a reason the NBA coaches picked him to be on the All Star team, the other fans will pick up on it the more games they see of the Blazers next year.

The leadership, poise, decision making, ability to create offense for himself and others. He'll create the game winning shot or get that big basket to seal the game or send it into over time. He just does what it takes to get the win.

Caron, Al Jefferson, Granger are all on the cusp.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:06 AM   #33
Rafa
Kids at the park dunk on me

Rafa has an OK reputation so far

Al jeff
rudy gay
al thornton
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #34
WorldWarriors
Decent playground baller

WorldWarriors has an OK reputation so far

Monta Ellis (For the home team)

Kevin Durant
WorldWarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:09 AM   #35
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
LOL @ people thinking Caron Butler is on the cusp of super stardom. Dude has had 2 good seasons so far but by no means is he on a superstar status level. I don't even see him improving that much from this last season. He is hitting his peak right now.

Out of all the players mentioned in this thread Caron Butler had the most impressive season.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #36
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Butler is the classic "under the radar" player, along with Mike Miller. Those guys deserve much more rep than they're currently getting.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:58 AM   #37
Im so nba'd out
Proud Sixer Fan

Im so nba'd out has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
LOL @ people thinking Caron Butler is on the cusp of super stardom. Dude has had 2 good seasons so far but by no means is he on a superstar status level. I don't even see him improving that much from this last season. He is hitting his peak right now.
i agree lol @ people who think he is on the cusp of being a superstar because HE IS A SUPERSTAR.90% free throw shooter, 35% 3 point shooter, best defender on his team,multiple allstar apperances,and had a career high in every statistical catagory per game except rebounds this past season.That sounds like a superstar to me but idk
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 AM   #38
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Oden is a. an obvious choice too.

If comes out and starts on a 20-10 pace, everybody is going to be annointing him the new star big.

And being around an nba organization , with NBA trainer, coaching, lifestyle, etc, will have made him a better more complete player this past year.

Portland.

*shakes head*
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:23 AM   #39
plowking
greeting earthlings

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mark Blount. Final year of his contract. I wouldn't be suprised if he averages a triple double this season.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #40
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation hereRoseCity07 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Oden is a. an obvious choice too.

If comes out and starts on a 20-10 pace, everybody is going to be annointing him the new star big.

And being around an nba organization , with NBA trainer, coaching, lifestyle, etc, will have made him a better more complete player this past year.

Portland.

*shakes head*

Takes a couple years for a player to really adjust to the NBA, especially one coming off a year of inactivity in playing in any sort of league. He will be bigger stronger and better, but it's going to take some time for him to return to the form. Then he has to get better at the NBA level. He's not on the cusp.

He will be more of a media star than anything else like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ikgN...eature=related

"Nice"..lol
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #41
mswank
High School JV MVP

mswank has an OK reputation so far

the correct answer for the most cuspness of coolest agent zero esque superstardom is..............monta ellis.
mswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #42
mswank
High School JV MVP

mswank has an OK reputation so far

i like butler but i dont think he can score @ will enough to be a superstar in this league. he is what he is already...scottie pippen for this generation...but of course a little lower in the grand scheme of things. that's kind of what he is though. which gets him paid and gets him known by at the very least his peers. love that guy.

roy is like monta in my book...if some of the games and moments they had last year were on national tv instead of...i dont know the suns playing like **** or the pistons playing the heat on sundays...they'd already be in peoples minds as superstars.
mswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #43
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Randy Foye. TRUST ME.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #44
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

I'm defining "superstar" in different way. If Danny Granger and Rudy Gay are on the cusp of superstardom then WTF is a regular "star"? Devin Harris and Chris Wilcox? To me a superstar is one of those definitely-hall-of-fame players (unless their career is cut short). Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, etc. You know, the usual list. Chris Paul is a guy who was on the cusp of superstardom last year and now is a bonafied superstar.

With that being said, my list would be:

Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Bosh. To me those guys are all a couple of steps away from being a superstar. They might reach it, they might not.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #45
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Butler was drafted by a big market team and had been able to stay there, yet play the same game he does now, he would be mentioned constantly in the same breath as the current superstars. Floating around the league in your first few seasons makes it difficult to find your niche. Imagine what people would be saying about him if he were still a Laker (yes, I realise they didn't draft him)?
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: