Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 05:13 AM   #16
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Boris Diaw: How would he do as a fulltime guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
remember Shaun Livingston. Magic Johnson?

Horrible example because while shaun was greatly considered having the court vision of the likes of Magic... he never displayed it consistantly on the court..

So what are trying to say.. that Diaw has the ability to be a decent Magic like guard like Shaun was? Because considering Shaun's developement before his injury... he was not showing much improvement in his consistency..

So that makes for a poor comparison in my point of view...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:13 AM   #17
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

youve gotta be joking if you think diaw is quicker laterally and overall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsiBh...eature=related
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #18
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

um, diaw averaged 6 asts as a PF with steve nash averaging 10 at the same time. but he could never average 8 as a fulltime PG?

you guys are turning this into lamar vs. diaw, thats not point.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:17 AM   #19
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

no boris diaw could not play fulltime guard in the national basketball association.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #20
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i'm not arguing that odom is similar to diaw in that he can pass really well and run the floor. i'm arguing that diaw is quicker and a better playmaker. i know odom's game. but odom cannot average 6 asts as a PF or put up 17 asts in a game.
and no, riley is wrong. lebron is more like magic except with hops.

L.O. has recorded 12 assists on three occasions.. is that really a low amount?

And if you are really saying that Odom as a main assist man would gain less assists than a main distributing Diaw... I would have completely disagree and say that Odom would certainly trump that competition...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #21
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
lamar avged 5.9 assists before, and im sure if he got the reigns he could avg atleast 7.

wow you're a pretty frustrating poster. i'm not going to respond to any more lamar vs. diaw comments in this thread, so lets leave it at this.

odom only played 29 games that year he averaged 5.9 ast. diaw averaged over 6 as a PF with steve nash on his squad, who averaged 10. diaw's career high in assists is 17, odom's is 12. odom played a lot more seasons too. Diaw is easily a better playmaker. odom is a great deal larger compared to diaw, obviously not as quick. he cannot guard somebody like tony parker.

don't tell me to watch game tape you fool. if you want to discuss this any more make a thread about it, we're ruining the direction of this topic.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 AM   #22
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
wow you're a pretty frustrating poster. i'm not going to respond to any more lamar vs. diaw comments in this thread, so lets leave it at this.

odom only played 29 games that year he averaged 5.9 ast. diaw averaged over 6 as a PF with steve nash on his squad, who averaged 10. diaw's career high in assists is 17, odom's is 12. odom played a lot more seasons too. Diaw is easily a better playmaker. odom is a great deal larger compared to diaw, obviously not as quick. he cannot guard somebody like tony parker.

don't tell me to watch game tape you fool. if you want to discuss this any more make a thread about it, we're ruining the direction of this topic.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 AM   #23
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
youve gotta be joking if you think diaw is quicker laterally and overall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsiBh...eature=related

The beauty of this example is that this is not a one time occurance.. L.O. makes superlative passes all the time... and it could potentially happen with more regularity if he would have the ball in his hands much, which does not happen.. that is kind of delegated to a different teamate in his squad...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:22 AM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
L.O. has recorded 12 assists on three occasions.. is that really a low amount?

And if you are really saying that Odom as a main assist man would gain less assists than a main distributing Diaw... I would have completely disagree and say that Odom would certainly trump that competition...

you probably shouldn't type in all bold, also stop being an idiotic homer. odom at PG vs Diaw at PG is not even possible, since lamar could never defend PGs.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:28 AM   #25
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
you probably shouldn't type in all bold, also stop being an idiotic homer. odom at PG vs Diaw at PG is not even possible, since lamar could never defend PGs.

I was speaking about being the main distributor... at no point was I stating that L.O. would be fitting at the pg position..

All Im stating is that Diaw is not fitting for the pg position and that he is below the caliber of a player like Odom...

And it does not take a homer to realize that Odom equals a better talent than Diaw... and that has nothing to do with fan-dome... thats just common sense...

Just because you are attempting to highlight Diaw as a posible talent in a better position, does not mean that he is better than most second tier players in this league. which Lamar is....

Bold statement that may be regardless of how you think I may scribble
Old 06-29-2008, 05:34 AM   #26
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

My conclusion is if he's better at guard than forward than he'll be one already. The fact that he's not should tell us something.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:36 AM   #27
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
My conclusion is if he's better at guard than forward than he'll be one already. The fact that he's not should tell us something.

I fully agree with that.. that a good point...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:38 AM   #28
final.wrath
Banned

he's on the suns thats why hes not
Old 06-29-2008, 05:46 AM   #29
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
he's on the suns thats why hes not

Well you do make a fair estimation there...

I believe that he would benefit from a trade, as it has been rumored lately.. because his development will be stagnant until he exits... I mean if Shaq, Nash, and Amare have anythig to say about it...

I imagine that if your point is to be proven.. he would have to go to a location where he will be given more liberty to display what his potential is to deliver...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:53 AM   #30
final.wrath
Banned

yeah there we go lets agree to disagree. i'm going to bed, dreaming of boris diaw dunking on Lamar and dishing 20 assists. gnight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: