Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #31
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Boris Diaw: How would he do as a fulltime guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
yeah there we go lets agree to disagree. i'm going to bed, dreaming of boris diaw dunking on Lamar and dishing 20 assists. gnight.

This just tells me you must have good humor
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #32
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Lamar pretty much was the Lakers PG in 2005-2006. He ran the offense as a point forward and had a damn good seaosn with 14.8 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 5.5 apg, 48.1 FG%, 37.2 3P% on a team that overachieved.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #33
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

so back the the original topic, lamar odom aside.

how would a diaw as PG expirement work? the hawks and suns tried it, and he shined in that role as a sun, but what do you think the outcome would be if he was moved to point fulltime?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #34
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

boris diaw has great vision of the court, doesn't matter what you say, coaches would argue otherwise...he can pass really well.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #35
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
boris diaw has great vision of the court, doesn't matter what you say, coaches would argue otherwise...he can pass really well.

Who is "you" in that sentence? Because the Topic Maker actually is saying the same thing you are....

Or am I placing the wrong inflection on the wordage?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:46 AM   #36
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Who is "you" in that sentence? Because the Topic Maker actually is saying the same thing you are....

Or am I placing the wrong inflection on the wordage?

I wasn't referring to the OP.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:49 AM   #37
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yeah there we go lets agree to disagree. i'm going to bed, dreaming of boris diaw dunking on Lamar and dishing 20 assists. gnight.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #38
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I dont think he can handle the pg position. He'll be more effective if he's surrounded by scorers, let him play sf and make plays from the high post.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #39
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
I dont think he can handle the pg position. He'll be more effective if he's surrounded by scorers, let him play sf and make plays from the high post.

Yeah in my 2k8 season, also in the Mock Offseason, I've got a 3 guard lineup (if you count diaw) of barbosa, gay, diaw. I also got OJ Mayo so I'm thinking hard about moving barbosa.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #40
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Yeah in my 2k8 season, also in the Mock Offseason, I've got a 3 guard lineup (if you count diaw) of barbosa, gay, diaw. I also got OJ Mayo so I'm thinking hard about moving barbosa.

thats a video game, not real life.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #41
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Corey Brewer works pimp at PG in 2k8.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #42
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Didn't Diaw get his 4 assists at C with the Suns.

The way Diaw is, is I don't think he's a good enough ball handler to play guard, nor too quick on his feet too. The reason he got those 6 assists was the way the suns pick and rolled that year.

With no Amare, Nash and Diaw ran the pick and roll, nash would always end up in the lane when not closed off, or Diaw would receive the ball at the high post off the roll/pop. Diaw wouldn't take a jumpshot then, instead, the advantage he got from the pick enabled him to blow by bigger centers and get in the lane to finish/pass to bell/marion.

Working the ball at the high post is not at any way an indication of being a good pg. It would, at minimum, show a high level of skill from a player, which I think Diaw is. I highly skilled player, but not too talented.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #43
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

We tried for 3 years to make him a pg in Atlanta but he is useless because he is deathly afraid to shoot. If Diaw actually shot the ball he'd be the second coming of Pippen. It is really frustrating to watch. Thank God for Joe Johnson.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #44
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
We tried for 3 years to make him a pg in Atlanta but he is useless because he is deathly afraid to shoot. If Diaw actually shot the ball he'd be the second coming of Pippen. It is really frustrating to watch. Thank God for Joe Johnson.

He was a lot more confident this year, overall his shooting improved vastly...he'll knock down a 15 footer without hesitation. It was impressive while it lasted, but he's inconsistent and seems to be a little too lazy to work out extra.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #45
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

He's not a PG. He could play one in a pinch, but he's to big and slow to play that position night in and night out. Diaw isn't playmaker in the PG sense. He's better at finding cutters on the post or kicking out to 3 point shooter of penetration (to a fault). Asking him to make PG decisions full time is a bad idea.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: