Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #16
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Liivingston's career over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
He'll fetch at worst a Lower Level Exception(2yrs 2.5 Million) deal if he passes physical. Someone will bite.
So a team is going to commit $5+ million dollars to a guy that best case scenario will only play for them for a season and a half? On top of that guy isn't even a legit NBA starter so the money is being tossed at a backup guard.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #17
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't get a contract for the minimum if someone like Penny could get a contract after what happened to him, and what he had to go through.
Penny also spent some time out the league before getting signed and quickly released again.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #18
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

He's done. Hasn't he been "recovering" from that freak injury for almost 2 years? Or is it more than 2 years now? Poor dude
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
He's done. Hasn't he been "recovering" from that freak injury for almost 2 years? Or is it more than 2 years now? Poor dude
febuary 2007 so he missed a season and a half (so far)
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #20
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Penny also spent some time out the league before getting signed and quickly released again.

I meant at all, not immediately.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #21
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly, I'd take him on the Knicks. Hell, we already handed out some horrible contracts... At least with Livingston, there's actual potential. He's not Jerome McBurger.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #22
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Honestly, I'd take him on the Knicks. Hell, we already handed out some horrible contracts... At least with Livingston, there's actual potential. He's not Jerome McBurger.
Shaun Livingston was a highly over-rated prospect. Only reason people fell in love with him is because he was a 6'7" guard throwing a bunch of fancy passes. Once you got by the novelty of that there was literally no other reason to make that kid a top 5 pick.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #23
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Shaun Livingston was a highly over-rated prospect. Only reason people fell in love with him is because he was a 6'7" guard throwing a bunch of fancy passes. Once you got by the novelty of that there was literally no other reason to make that kid a top 5 pick.

In a time where short shooting guards with shabby court vision are getting drafted as lottery pick point guards, I like my chances when I get a 6-7 pg with good defense incredibly long arms and crazy court vision. Which probably reads as 'fancy passes' in the yearbooks for fans who havent watched him play.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #24
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
In a time where short shooting guards with shabby court vision are getting drafted as lottery pick point guards, I like my chances when I get a 6-7 pg with good defense incredibly long arms and crazy court vision. Which probably reads as 'fancy passes' in the yearbooks for fans who havent watched him play.
The good defense was a product of guarding NBA backup SG's. Coming into the draft defense was not one of Livingston's strong points.

Honestly if you look at Livingston as a prospect but make him a 6'2" guard instead of 6'7" there is no way he be drafted in the top 5. I know that his height is a positive that should be acknowledged, however when that the difference between a guy being a top 5 pick and being a fringe prospect there is a problem.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #25
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

The biggest knock on him should be his shot (which he improved a lot during the last 4 months he played, but still no good from outside 3pt range) and his ability to stay healthy. The way he could switch up on defense between players at the sf position and pgs, was good. He made sure pg's could shoot over him and when they drove he was fast and agile enoigh to stay between them and the basket.

BUT he never was able to stay healthy. Damn shame.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #26
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

Quote:
The good defense was a product of guarding NBA backup SG's. Coming into the draft defense was not one of Livingston's strong points.

Honestly if you look at Livingston as a prospect but make him a 6'2" guard instead of 6'7" there is no way he be drafted in the top 5. I know that his height is a positive that should be acknowledged, however when that the difference between a guy being a top 5 pick and being a fringe prospect there is a problem.

Wow, you think? That's like saying Greg Oden wouldn't have gone #1 if he was 6'7" instead of 7'.

mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #27
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreis62
Wow, you think? That's like saying Greg Oden wouldn't have gone #1 if he was 6'7" instead of 7'.
Yeah cause Livingston going from being an extremely tall PG to a average height PG is exactly the same as Greg Oden going from being an average height C to an extremely undersized C.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #28
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

I'm in the camp in thinking that Livinginton never showed nothing much to wow about as well. Solid court vision, but not the best athlete, nor that good of a shooter as well. But he was still young and developing though..

Quote:
So a team is going to commit $5+ million dollars to a guy that best case scenario will only play for them for a season and a half? On top of that guy isn't even a legit NBA starter so the money is being tossed at a backup guard.

You can't speculate without knowing how dudes rebab went.

His injury was absolutely horrific, and the broken kneecap is probably the killer. BUT, if he was a go getta during his rehab, he can come back and be productive rotatational player.

And yes if he passes his physical they will be suitors, and teams calling. Not 5+ Million. Like a 2 year 2.5 million dollar deal like I said (1.25 per yr), no question.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #29
Da KO King

Quote:
You can't speculate without knowing how dudes rebab went.
The last report I read said Livingston likely wouldn't be ready to suit up until early 2009.

Quote:
His injury was absolutely horrific, and the broken kneecap is probably the killer. BUT, if he was a go getta during his rehab, he can come back and be productive rotatational player.

And yes if he passes his physical they will be suitors, and teams calling. Not 5+ Million. Like a 2 year 2.5 million dollar deal like I said (1.25 per yr), no question.
Simply put would you throw $1.25 million at a PG that may or may not have had his athletic robbed or sign a rookie free agent PG Rodrigue Beaubois for a good deal less?
Old 06-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #30
One of Shemps Kids

Quote:
The last report I read said Livingston likely wouldn't be ready to suit up until early 2009.

Simply put would you throw $1.25 million at a PG that may or may not have had his athletic robbed or sign a rookie free agent PG Rodrigue Beaubois for a good deal less?

In a league where injured players like JO are making 23/mil a season to not even play for a team, why wouldn't a team give a player like Livingston the minimum? This is a league based on potential, potential gets drafted at the top of the pecking order, in lottery. A 22 year old that was pegged as the future of the PG position after having a horrific injury but with sign of rehabilitation and recovery for 1.25mil/year? Trust me, a team will bite.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: