Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #31
Mco543
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Liivingston's career over?

I'd love to see him in a Heat uniform
Mco543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #32
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Jermaine O'Neal has a guaranteed contract. His situation is not the same as what Shaun Livingston is facing.

I just don't see anyone giving Livingston a long term commitment right now. Maybe in a year or so, but even then I don't think they will give him more than a year or so to prove he's ready to play.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #33
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

If Kevin Ollie can have an NBA job, then so should Shaun Livingston.

DaKOKing makes good points, but the kid is still young, and there are plenty of bad teams out there that need roster depth and think they have the keys to make this "car" run.

Granted, in his short career, he hasn't produced much, but I think that he is worthy of an NBA roster spot simply due to his youth. Not saying he should be a reg. in someone's rotation, but good enough to be on a team.

Then again, former Bull Jay Williams can't get back into the league either.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #34
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Yeah cause Livingston going from being an extremely tall PG to a average height PG is exactly the same as Greg Oden going from being an average height C to an extremely undersized C.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #35
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
... Then again, former Bull Jay Williams can't get back into the league either.
For Livingston's sake I hope he's not another Jay Williams. Jay can't get on with a team because he's simply not physically up to the task. His athleticism is virtually gone and the little he has left can not be sustained for extended periods of time.

If Livingston can't stick with a team I hope it is due to management impatience and not his physical inability to play basketball.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #36
omarnyc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Shaun Livingston was a highly over-rated prospect. Only reason people fell in love with him is because he was a 6'7" guard throwing a bunch of fancy passes. Once you got by the novelty of that there was literally no other reason to make that kid a top 5 pick.

you right...sebatian telfair outplayed him more then once in high school, i never thought livingston was a lottery caliber player
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #37
omarnyc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Jermaine O'Neal has a guaranteed contract. His situation is not the same as what Shaun Livingston is facing.

I just don't see anyone giving Livingston a long term commitment right now. Maybe in a year or so, but even then I don't think they will give him more than a year or so to prove he's ready to play.

if he's willing to play for a league minimum , then try to work his way into a nice long term contract, then i can see a team takin a chance on him
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #38
big tuna
Kids at the park dunk on me

seems like the point people are trying to make is that livingston's still extremely young, so to say his career is over sounds like an overstatement

do i think he's going to come back and be an all-star? nope, but healthy or not, i wouldn't have pegged him to be that good of a player.

your thought on ANY nba team wasting up to 5 mill/year on a potential backup PG doesn't seem realistic. have you seen how many ridiculous contracts have been signed simply based on 'potential'? i'm not saying these contracts are a good/bad thing, i'm saying that they ARE out there and that SOME GM is going to be willing to fork out the dough. $2-3 mill/yr on a short term deal isn't out of the realm for any team in the league
big tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #39
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tuna
your thought on ANY nba team wasting up to 5 mill/year on a potential backup PG doesn't seem realistic....
Actually that was just poor wording and comprehension on my part. BFresh made a point about Livingston getting two years and $2.5 million. For whatever reason when I read it I thought he meant $2.5m per year and not combined over the life of the contract.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:03 AM   #40
Lotsadimes
I airball my layups

He will be picked up guranteed. I'm not a big fan but at the same time if he nears a full recovery at only like the age of 22 he's still got a shot at bein somethin....Don't think it will eventually warrent his position in the draft but he will have a job.
Lotsadimes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: