Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Re: Why wouldn't New Jersey take this deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
3.The NBA doesn't reward tanking but almost always something good will come out of it,Boston 2 years ago tanked and ended up with the #5 pick used to acquire Ray Allen,and Miami tanked last season and ended up with Michael Beasley on a team already with Wade/Marion.

4.What would be the lure of LeBron coming to NJ with VC having 1 year left or being on the trading block.Anyways in 3 years VC's value will be almost identical to that of Stephon Marbury's right now.

3. They'll be in roughly the same range with or w/o VC, they'll have a good pick in the lotto. You kinda of just proved my point. Boston should have had Oden or Durant, but got #5 and KG.

4. So, what would the lure of LBJ be coming to the abslute worst team in the league? at least VC keeps the team respectable and again can either play a prt in landing LBJ (or whoever) or the complimentary pieces needed to be a contender.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #17
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
You dont think VC has matured form then????
He will be as inspired as ever to try to make the playoffs book mark this thread :)
How do you know?

You just began losing last season and then VC put up somewhat mediocre numbers compared to the seasons he had before then.

Please put VC averaging 20/5/5 on him having a bum ankle.

All my threads are bookmarked anyways so I'll gladly redirect this thread to your attention when he's dealt to Phoenix for Diaw & Barbosa or dealt to Cleveland for Wally Z and some pieces.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #18
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Also, I'll ask one more time... what is your d@mn obsession with the Nets?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #19
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
How do you know?

You just began losing last season and then VC put up somewhat mediocre numbers compared to the seasons he had before then.

Please put VC averaging 20/5/5 on him having a bum ankle.

All my threads are bookmarked anyways so I'll gladly redirect this thread to your attention when he's dealt to Phoenix for Diaw & Barbosa or dealt to Cleveland for Wally Z and some pieces.

Actually the Nets were losing when they first landed VC and he helped to get them to the playoffs on the final days of the season, then his best ball last season came at the end of last season (post Kidd trade) fighting for the playoffs.

And if he didn't have a bum ankle, why did he have surgery right after their season ended?

Please, this Nets/VC obsession is not healthy... shouldn't you be talking about your Grizz, or whoever the hell your team is?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #20
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
3. They'll be in roughly the same range with or w/o VC, they'll have a good pick in the lotto. You kinda of just proved my point. Boston should have had Oden or Durant, but got #5 and KG.

4. So, what would the lure of LBJ be coming to the abslute worst team in the league? at least VC keeps the team respectable and again can either play a prt in landing LBJ (or whoever) or the complimentary pieces needed to be a contender.
3.But they'll have more cap room without VC to possibly take on a player who unexpectedly now could be on the market around June of 2009.Amare Stoudamire,Carlos Boozer,etc just to get the jist of what im talking about by that.
Boston could've had Oden or Durant by tanking but in the end they were thrown a curveball and they hit it out of the park,Rod Thorn is smarter than Danny Ainge and could get something just as good.

4.What is the lure of LBJ coming to New Jersey other than playing in a big market or due to his relationship with minority owner Jay-Z?
Theres absolutely no lure on the court for him to come to NJ or NY,it'd be a business/promotional deal if it were to ever take place.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #21
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
You dont think VC has matured form then????
He will be as inspired as ever to try to make the playoffs book mark this thread :)

I'll bookmark it, but no I don't think he's matured since then. He wants to win a title and will ***** if his team starts to suck. He's done it before, and his cousin T Mac has too. I know you don't want to believe it, but Vince is a fairweather player if their ever was one and doesn't want to carry a bad team on his back at 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
They still probably will trade VC, they just want more than an expirer as an asset in return right now. I'd say that if Cleveland wanted to throw in next years first rounder, and someone like Boobie Gibson or even Devin Brown along with Wally, NJ would bite.

I agree. I would say once teams are able to sign and trade it would be possible West or Gibson would be throwin into the offer for Vince. I would say that the Cavs could throw in Hickson the offer too, but I doubt NJ wants him now that they have Yi and Ryan Anderson. I really see Vince as trying to lobby to get himself to Cleveland because thats probably his best chance of winning something before he retires.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #22
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Also, I'll ask one more time... what is your d@mn obsession with the Nets?
Ehh..

I was born in NY and spent my final 3 years of high school in New Jersey and I went to some of the games when they were winning during those years.

It's not an obsession I just feel bad for NJ in a similar manor others feel bad for the Knicks.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #23
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Actually the Nets were losing when they first landed VC and he helped to get them to the playoffs on the final days of the season, then his best ball last season came at the end of last season (post Kidd trade) fighting for the playoffs.

And if he didn't have a bum ankle, why did he have surgery right after their season ended?

Please, this Nets/VC obsession is not healthy... shouldn't you be talking about your Grizz, or whoever the hell your team is?

Yeah they were losing, but only because they were injured. They still had Jason Kidd even if he was coming off surgery, and a second emerging star in RJ. Vince expected the team to be solid with him on it. It was a much better situation than the one he was coming out of in Toronto, and as you know Kidd is/was the type of player that other players love playing with.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #24
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
3.But they'll have more cap room without VC to possibly take on a player who unexpectedly now could be on the market around June of 2009.Amare Stoudamire,Carlos Boozer,etc just to get the jist of what im talking about by that.
Boston could've had Oden or Durant by tanking but in the end they were thrown a curveball and they hit it out of the park,Rod Thorn is smarter than Danny Ainge and could get something just as good.

4.What is the lure of LBJ coming to New Jersey other than playing in a big market or due to his relationship with minority owner Jay-Z?
Theres absolutely no lure on the court for him to come to NJ or NY,it'd be a business/promotional deal if it were to ever take place.

Wow, make up your mind on LBJ. One minute your saying the Nets need to unload everything to get him or someone like him in 2010, the next your saying they have no chance.

And yes, I think there would be appeal if the Nets sport a line-up like:

Devin Harris
Vince Carter / CDR
LeBron James / Ryan Anderson
Yi Jianlian / Sean Williams
Brook Lopez / Josh Boone
+
2009 #1
2 2010 #1s
+
Other FA's
+
Cap Room
Old 06-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #25
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Does anyone really think this starting 5 could win 30-35 games?

PG- Devin Harris
SG- Wally Sczerbiak
SF- Bobby Simmons
PF- Yi Jianlian
C- Brook Lopez

That team would be VERY lucky to win 15 games. And it's not like this draft has a lot of great prospects. In fact the 2009 draft could be the worst ever so getting a top 3-5 pick wouldn't be that great.

They need VC for another year, atleast until there is a better draft class and some of the younger players develop a bit more.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #26
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551

PG- Devin Harris
SG- Wally Sczerbiak
SF- Bobby Simmons
PF- Yi Jianlian
C- Brook Lopez

That team would be VERY lucky to win 15 games. And it's not like this draft has a lot of great prospects. In fact the 2009 draft could be the worst ever so getting a top 3-5 pick wouldn't be that great.

They need VC for another year, atleast until there is a better draft class and some of the younger players develop a bit more.
YES
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #27
Interminator
Banned

Quote:

PG- Devin Harris
SG- Wally Sczerbiak
SF- Bobby Simmons
PF- Yi Jianlian
C- Brook Lopez

@ 2009 being a bad draft,I swear that there will be as much hype about next year's class and talent as there was for the 2008 Draft.

Every time after a Draft everyone thinks the Draft in the following year will suck.

That line-up winning 15 games will still gurantee a top 3 pick so how is that horrible to think about.

Top 3 pick in 2009=Blake Griffin,BJ Mullens,Ricky Rubio

Take your pick.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #28
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Wow, make up your mind on LBJ. One minute your saying the Nets need to unload everything to get him or someone like him in 2010, the next your saying they have no chance.

And yes, I think there would be appeal if the Nets sport a line-up like:

Devin Harris
Vince Carter / CDR
LeBron James / Ryan Anderson
Yi Jianlian / Sean Williams
Brook Lopez / Josh Boone
+
2009 #1 - Blake Griffin/ Demar Derozan
2 2010 #1s
+
Other FA's
+
Cap Room

That lineup is capable of beating the Portland Trailblazers/ Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals in 2011.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #29
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:

PG- Devin Harris
SG- Wally Sczerbiak
SF- Bobby Simmons
PF- Yi Jianlian
C- Brook Lopez

That team probably only wins 20-25 games, but most importantly it would have Devin Harris knowing its his team, and will give young players like Yi and Brooke Lopez the opportunity to play through mistakes giving them the chance to improve. After that down year in 2008-09 they would be able to add a top-5 pick and another low 1st rounder while having the cap room to pay max to 1 free agent or pay 2 guys $8-10 mil which should make them alot better in in 2009-10. With good GMing that gives them the opportunity to head into the summer of 2010 with a good combo of talent and youth and still leave them the cap room to pick up Bron, Melo, Wade, etc., the next year.

Any other offer of anything besides expirers and draft picks puts the Net in a worse financial position, decreasing their chances to contend again 2 years from now.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #30
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
@ 2009 being a bad draft,I swear that there will be as much hype about next year's class and talent as there was for the 2008 Draft.

Every time after a Draft everyone thinks the Draft in the following year will suck.

That line-up winning 15 games will still gurantee a top 3 pick so how is that horrible to think about.

Top 3 pick in 2009=Blake Griffin,BJ Mullens,Ricky Rubio

Take your pick.

Blake Griffin is far from a sure thing and they already have a PG so Rubio doesn't make sense. Devin Harris has never been better than the 3rd best player on his team so it remains to be seen how good he'll become. It's not safe yet to just throw him into the role of number 1 option.

Last year the Nets were 0-6 in the games VC missed.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: