Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #31
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Better Shooter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Are you Amare Stoudamire?
Yah. Are you a idiot?

I love new ISH. Everyone comes in here to throw **** around but no one can even back up there opinion. Why are you guys even submitting replies?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #32
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

amare's jumper has improved a ton since he came in the league. both of these guys have really good shots for big men, so its difficult to choose one over the other without pulling statistics into the argument.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #33
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Bosh is the better shooter..He drains the 18 footers with ease
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #34
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

Bosh is better. You can argue that Amare shoot a higher fg percentage but it is due to the fact that he shoots only when he's open majority of the time and is not the first scoring option. Bosh shoots it even if there's a hand in his face and is the first scoring option. It's the same like Charles Oakley, he only shoots it when he's open majority of the time but that doesn't mean he's a better shooter than Dirk who shoot a lower fg percentage.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #35
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhonda76
Bosh is better. You can argue that Amare shoot a higher fg percentage but it is due to the fact that he shoots only when he's open majority of the time and is not the first scoring option. Bosh shoots it even if there's a hand in his face and is the first scoring option. It's the same like Charles Oakley, he only shoots it when he's open majority of the time but that doesn't mean he's a better shooter than Dirk who shoot a lower fg percentage.
If amare isnt the first option than who is?
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #36
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Yah. Are you a idiot?

I love new ISH. Everyone comes in here to throw **** around but no one can even back up there opinion. Why are you guys even submitting replies?
That's just the way it is, they just want to increase their post count.

As for the topic, if this was asked last year, I would say Bosh without a doubt, but this year Amare really improved his jumper. I really don't, I'm leaning towards Bosh, but that's because I see him play more, than Amare. According to the stats statman32 posted, Amare seems to have the edge.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #37
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

StatsMan32,

Amare is good but you can getting too carried away here. I'll take Amare over Bosh but there is no way Amare is a better shooter than Bosh. Bosh has the jumper when he started, while Amare just developed that.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #38
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

bosh is doubled every possession because he was all the raptors had...

amare is open alot from pick and pops
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #39
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Amare isn't the first scoring option? Wow then him ranking in the top 5 of ppg is pretty damn impressive.

Once again they shoot the same amount of jumpers that are assisted the same amount of times. So the only reason Amare would get any more open looks is because Amare is more explosive so if you come out on him and pressure him hard, he will drive right past you. Bosh is a step behind Amare when it comes to that.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #40
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Yah. Are you a idiot?

It's just an internet forum, calm the **** down.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #41
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
bosh is doubled every possession because he was all the raptors had...

amare is open alot from pick and pops
Explain why they had the same % of jumpers assisted then?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #42
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

i think it is amare O_O
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #43
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

you can't penalize amare for taking better shots. that's part of being a shooter, and it's what seperates the good shooters from the rest...

both are good shooters, amares shots do come from an opportunistic offense but one again, that's not something you can hold against him, players are paid to make plays and they both do it well...

i think the debate is probably a little close to call, neither one is a clear favorite os seems to have a clear advantage... i can't think of anyone that wouldn't want either of these guys on their team
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #44
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
That's just the way it is, they just want to increase their post count.

As for the topic, if this was asked last year, I would say Bosh without a doubt, but this year Amare really improved his jumper. I really don't, I'm leaning towards Bosh, but that's because I see him play more, than Amare. According to the stats statman32 posted, Amare seems to have the edge.
Good post. I can live with that
Old 06-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #45
72-10
Good High School Starter

72-10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Good post. I can live with that

hey stat, who is the woman in your avatar?
72-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: