Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
AAD
I brick open layups

AAD has an OK reputation so far
Default Pistons

We all know they making changes this summer but who should they target and who's avaliable

t.mac
brand
shawn marion
iverson/denver offered him but joe d turned him down
boozer
ak47
gerald wallace
baron davis/joe said he wont trade for him
carmelo anthony/denver said they not trading him
josh smith/sign and trade
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pistons

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD
We all know they making changes this summer but who should they target and who's avaliable

t.mac
brand
shawn marion
iverson/denver offered him but joe d turned him down
boozer
ak47
gerald wallace
baron davis/joe said he wont trade for him
carmelo anthony/denver said they not trading him
josh smith/sign and trade

Their main problem is rebounding and interior offense. Only a few players on that list solve this problem, and the effort to aquire one of those pieces would give them a deficiency at the position in which they traded away. I would have to look at the list of free agents/players on the trading block to see who they might be able to get at a reasonable cost
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Pistons Needs:

1) Better rebounding at both ends, mostly D. We've consistently been owned by teams like the Cavs and Celtics, who regularly snatch offensive boards from us and score on 2nd and 3rd possessions. I think this was a bigger issue than our ability to guard interior scorers, judging by how we handled Dwight Howard. However we are a little undersized if we want to get through Boston. We need a player who can consistently own the rebounds.
2) A guy who scores in the post. Our offense is way too reliant on jumpshots, and although we executed great sets under Flip, if the shots weren't falling we did not have an interior scorer to fall back on. Sheed was more interested in shooting jumpers, like he always has been.
3) Better defense against dribble penetration. Opposing guards seem to have a field day penetrating the lane and creating easy points. With a new coach who will hopefully emphasize team defense more, and increased playing time for Rodney Stuckey and Aaron Afflalo, lets hope this becomes less of a problem.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Pistons need a real center, someone who is 7 foot+. Maybe a deal with dyess/sheed+picks can get us a center and a decent backup for prince.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Pistons Needs:

1) Better rebounding at both ends, mostly D. We've consistently been owned by teams like the Cavs and Celtics, who regularly snatch offensive boards from us and score on 2nd and 3rd possessions. I think this was a bigger issue than our ability to guard interior scorers, judging by how we handled Dwight Howard. However we are a little undersized if we want to get through Boston. We need a player who can consistently own the rebounds.
2) A guy who scores in the post. Our offense is way too reliant on jumpshots, and although we executed great sets under Flip, if the shots weren't falling we did not have an interior scorer to fall back on. Sheed was more interested in shooting jumpers, like he always has been.
3) Better defense against dribble penetration. Opposing guards seem to have a field day penetrating the lane and creating easy points. With a new coach who will hopefully emphasize team defense more, and increased playing time for Rodney Stuckey and Aaron Afflalo, lets hope this becomes less of a problem.

completely agree with all of those. It seems like teams always get more offensive boards than the pistons and that they are scared to attack the hoop, so they just take terrible shots while the other teams are making layups and beng fouled. I don't know why the team thinks it is easier to hit a 16 footer than a 4 footer.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

I would like to see:
1. Melo
2. Boozer
3. Brand

That's the order I will go in.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd like to move Billups for an offensive rebounder.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #8
Garv
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Garv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
completely agree with all of those. It seems like teams always get more offensive boards than the pistons and that they are scared to attack the hoop, so they just take terrible shots while the other teams are making layups and beng fouled. I don't know why the team thinks it is easier to hit a 16 footer than a 4 footer.

I'd also like a dribble penetrator, though Stuckey can certainly develop into that roll.
Garv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv
I'd also like a dribble penetrator, though Stuckey can certainly develop into that roll.

he already is our best dribble penetrator
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #10
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

And sheed needs to actually go into his own team's huddle during timeouts, hopefully curry will discipline him more as sheed had no respect for flip
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: