Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
Da_Realist
College star

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here
Default Danny Ainge on great Celtics (past and present)

On the rocky relationship between Larry Bird and Kevin Mchale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ainge
Larry would always come to me and say, 'Hey, go tell Kevin this', and Kevin would come to me and say, 'Go tell Larry that.' They were such great players, but sometimes they didn't know how to talk to each other and how to yell at each other. But they knew how to yell at me.

The comparison between Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett
Quote:
They're completely different. KG is more of a sentimental guy, more feeling, kinder. Larry was not kind. Larry was grouchy. That's how he was born, that's how he competed. He would bust everybody's chops, get angry and frustrated.

But here's what KG is like. We're in training campe in Rome [last October], and I see him in the weight room. Then he goes to practice, works his butt off and gets his shots up after practice. Then, for the next 45 minutes, KG is running around the gym rebounding for Rajon Rondo. Let me tell you something: In a million years Larry Bird would never do that. He might make me rebound for him, but not the other way around. KG is focused and intense like Larry, but he really cares about the feelings of his teammates, cares that he's perceived as almost the team mother.

Comparison between Dennis Johnson and Paul Pierce
Quote:
As for Paul, he's a very determined player, like Larry, but he reminds me of DJ. Like DJ, Paul can get a little salty. He's up and down moodwise. And on the court he's kind of an energy conserver. He doesn't play all out all the time. That used to drive me nuts about DJ because I was the other guard and I'd think, 'This guy is so gifted. What's he doing coasting?' But then, like with DJ, Paul has stretches that are unbelievably special. You need something to happen, whatever it is--a blocked shot, winning a jump ball, a steal, a rebound, a pass, a shot--and Paul supplies it. That's how DJ was.

On Ray Allen
Quote:
As for Ray, he is just an amazing basketball player. We didn't have anybody as cool and poised and who could shoot the ball like him.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #2
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Danny Ainge on great Celtics (past and present)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
As for Ray, he is just an amazing basketball player. We didn't have anybody as cool and poised and who could shoot the ball like him.

Ray is cooler than the other side of the pillow..eat that Spudb!tch.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
Da_Realist
College star

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Ray is cooler than the other side of the pillow..eat that Spudb!tch.

Any idea why Bird and Mchale didn't get along?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Any idea why Bird and Mchale didn't get along?

Maybe they didnt like to share marijuana?:)

Link
Quote:
Wait, scratch that. If you want to believe John Mellencamp (of all people), certain prominent members of the Celtics did a lot of drugs.

"I've known Larry Bird since we were kids. When he was on the Celtics and I was playing in Boston, he and Kevin McHale would come to my dressing room after the show and smoke me under the tab"
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
Da_Realist
College star

On luck

Quote:
That (86 team) was a special team. Larry was lucky he had so many great players around him. Kevin was lucky he got to play with Larry. Chief was lucky to be there, considering he started with Golden State. DJ wasn't always happy with his teams [Seattle and Phoenix] before he got to Boston. It was a magical time.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

Ray hit big shots all year, he won 3 games with buzzer beaters. KG and PP both said in a ESPN interview they want Ray to take the game winning shot. Ray as usual said the unselfish thing, i want the open player to take the game winning shot. I can't wait for the repeat next year.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: