Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #16
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board
Default Re: I'm getting old

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerftc
I remember watching the game where Isaiah Thomas scored his twenty-thousandth career point.

its kind of funny that you remembered something that never happened (unless you count playoff points too)... must mean you are really getting old... haha jk

http://www.nba.com/history/players/thomas_stats.html
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #17
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far

1996? NBA Finals
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #18
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Beasly was a teenager when Wade got into the NBA. So saying "I grew up watching him", especially considering he hasn't grown up, is retarded.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #19
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I'm only twenty-one, yet remember when Jason Kidd and Grant Hill were rookies. I also remember the day Clyde Drexler was traded to Houston. I remember Jordan's comeback game against the Pacers. I remember when Vin Baker was actually an All-Star. I remember the NBA at 50 list being announced.

I'm an NBA vet at 21.

Yeah I'm the same age and it's so weird now seeing Shaq as a 36 year old player considering I remember him as a member of the Magic. Seeing guys like Penny and C-Webb being out of the league, Shaq, Grant Hill and Jason Kidd in the twighlight of their career seems very weird. I wouldn't be surprised though if Mutombo and Mourning are still be playing when I'm 30.

I started watching the NBA in about 1993 so it sounds like you started watching around the same time.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #20
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

It seems only yesterday that Chris Webber, Penny and company were rookies. How time flies... next thing you know you'll be 30.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #21
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

i remember seeing mark eaton and xavier play
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #22
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Does anyone remember that huge brawl in the 94 playoffs between the Hawks and Heat? Just wondering, cause when people talk about huge NBA brawls, they point to the Bulls-Knicks, Heat-Knicks, Pistons-Pacers, butnever to this one. I've never heard anyone reminisce on this brawl. It started when someone from the Hawks dunked on Grant Long and started screaming in his face. Then Grant Long just started choking him. Chaos ensued, and then when it seemed to be over and everyone seemed to have settled down, some Hawk benchwarmer ran up to some Heat player and started clocking him in the back of the head.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #23
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Does anyone remember that huge brawl in the 94 playoffs between the Hawks and Heat? Just wondering, cause when people talk about huge NBA brawls, they point to the Bulls-Knicks, Heat-Knicks, Pistons-Pacers, butnever to this one. I've never heard anyone reminisce on this brawl. It started when someone from the Hawks dunked on Grant Long and started screaming in his face. Then Grant Long just started choking him. Chaos ensued, and then when it seemed to be over and everyone seemed to have settled down, some Hawk benchwarmer ran up to some Heat player and started clocking him in the back of the head.

i definitely remember it. grant long choked duane ferrell. amazing fights... the bulls-knicks one was like 10 feet away from stern haha...

here is a link to the new york times article about the hawks-heat fight:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A9629582 60
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #24
QuestFor17
I hit open layups

QuestFor17 has an OK reputation so far

I watched Bird/McHale/Parish play. I remember watching Joe Dumars cover Jordan in the playoffs, and now he's a fat front-office guy. So many coaches and office guys now I remember watching them play: Doc Rivers, Del Negro, Avery Johnson, Scott Skiles, McHale, Bird, Ainge, Chapman, Chris Mullin...the list goes on forever.
QuestFor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #25
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember Vernon Maxwell running into the stands and punching a fan in I think 94. Mad Max was awesome.

I remember seeing Reggie's 8 points in 9 seconds LIVE, and when he stole the inbounds going "damn, he shoved Anthony down.....HOLY ****!!"

The worst call in sports history, the LJ 4 point play.

Jordan dropping 55 on the Knicks in like his 5th game back.

MJ clutching the Larry O'Brien trophy while lying on the floor of the locker room after his dad was murdered.

Ewing bricking the gimme fingerroll against Indy in the 94 playoffs. Those Knicks/Pacers series were AWESOME.

Rik Smits's headfake and buzzer beater over Tree Rollins to tie the series against Orlando in 95.

Hakeem absolutely DESTROYING an MVP David Robinson in the 95 playoffs.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #26
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

LMAO......No!!! I"M OLD.....I got Pat Riley's Autograph when he was a ROOKIE!!!! All you guys are babies to me....lol
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #27
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
LMAO......No!!! I"M OLD.....I got Pat Riley's Autograph when he was a ROOKIE!!!! All you guys are babies to me....lol

right there with ya.
I remember the late 70s.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #28
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

I saw Pistol Pete in my first live NBA game.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #29
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I loved Sabonis' first game against Ewing in Portland. Great game.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #30
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
I saw Pistol Pete in my first live NBA game.

damn what are you like 60

i remember oj mayo getting traded for bull shyt but he still is going to lead memphis into the finals this year so its all good

i remember watching LBJ as a junior score 51pts against my High School that im in now i was a 5th or 6th grader then
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: