Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2008, 03:34 AM   #1
The Machine
Banned

The Machine has an OK reputation so far
Default Why is Sergio Rodriguez not get more minutes???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=my-bmN_M3gI
Sergio Rodriguez is super cool player on Portland. Why is he get sat on bench by big coach MacMillan? Is not Portland need a point gaurd type? For me, Steve Blake is a not at good pointguarding. At Real Madrid Sergio Rodriguez like Magic Johnson! :O
And picked number 5! !!
Will start for Portland??
The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 AM   #2
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation
Default Re: Why is Sergio Rodriguez not get more minutes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machine
http://youtube.com/watch?v=my-bmN_M3gI
Sergio Rodriguez is super cool player on Portland. Why is he get sat on bench by big coach MacMillan? Is not Portland need a point gaurd type? For me, Steve Blake is a not at good pointguarding. At Real Madrid Sergio Rodriguez like Magic Johnson! :O
And picked number 5! !!
Will start for Portland??

unfortunately super cool gets you no where in the nba
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:38 AM   #3
The Machine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
unfortunately super cool gets you no where in the nba
why he not play?
Old 06-30-2008, 03:45 AM   #4
RajonKGcelts
Time to repeat

RajonKGcelts is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
why he not play?

Portland just had a stacked roster, and my guess is they wanted to have the veteran blake run the show for atleast last year
RajonKGcelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:47 AM   #5
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Send Rodriguez to Miami. I am dumbfounded as to why he does not get minutes. Sure he's not great defensively, due to his size, though this is the case with a lot of point guards.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sergio doesn't play defense. Makes poor decisions with the ball. Can't shoot. And has a bad work ethic.

In short, I want him to have 0 minutes and I expect him to be traded or cut now that we have 4 guards that we expect to give plenty of minutes to. And if you think Sergio is better than Blake, then you didn't really watch each of them play in the NBA.

Sorry for being so blunt about it, but I really am sick of Sergio and I don't think he will develop into a starter a good player.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #7
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation

Sergio Rodriguez is really young, he hasnt got a chance to prove what he could do as a pg because he never got significant minutes. Until he gets a chance he needs to keep working hard.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #8
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

Quote:
why he not play?

he hasn't gotten consistent playing time, so he hasn't been able to show his skills. i think he could flourish somewhere like denver in an uptempo game.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:51 AM   #9
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He sucks. He plays out of control and can't make a jump shot. He is a great passer and occasionally has a good offensive outing but not consistently at all. He also is being a cry baby right now instead of working on improving.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:54 AM   #10
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
He sucks. He plays out of control and can't make a jump shot. He is a great passer and occasionally has a good offensive outing but not consistently at all. He also is being a cry baby right now instead of working on improving.

Maybe because he doesn't get time to play? When players don't get enough time, they tend to overdo it when they get some playing time. That's the problem.

Trade him or waive him now... Knicks would take him.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:54 AM   #11
The Machine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
he hasn't gotten consistent playing time, so he hasn't been able to show his skills. i think he could flourish somewhere like denver in an uptempo game.
Yes. With Carmelo Anthony and Kleiza on team and spread ball court out, he putting up quite high average. Sergio has bad defensive, but also look at Nash, he bad too. But Nash take charge call, Sergio take flop and then equal Nash defensive I think. And, Chris Paul have weak shot too.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:57 AM   #12
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man, I remember last year when everybody who has heard of him kept saying "He's the next Steve Nash." I never saw it, so when I heard non-Portland fans saying that, I was pushing for them to trade him. Other Blazer fans (not necessarily on ISH) used the young excuse and would say "He's young, give him a chance to develop. If he doesn't make it, then we trade him." Well, now others have jumped on the trade Sergio bandwagon, but unfortunately his value has dropped to trade for a 2nd rounder rather than add him with another decent guy and get a starter in a trade.

Now the only reason Blazer fans seem to want him around is so he can help Rudy Fernandez adjust to the U.S. I'd almost rather not have that happen because I think Sergio could be a negative influence and try to turn Rudy against McMillan. Its not McMillan's fault Sergio sucks and won't work to improve.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:01 AM   #13
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Maybe because he doesn't get time to play? When players don't get enough time, they tend to overdo it when they get some playing time. That's the problem.

Trade him or waive him now... Knicks would take him.

I'll give you him and Frye (not that I don't like Frye) for Lee + filler. But most likely, the Blazers will let Sergio walk when his contract ends if we can't find a trade.

Players have to earn their minutes. Sergio won't work on his D, because he'd rather 'play with his buddies' that aren't NBA players. Sergio also said he doesn't want to play on the summer league. Why would we give this guy minutes? He has done nothing to deserve them.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:18 AM   #14
ecthelion
Local High School Star

ecthelion has decent reputation

average.

He has nice handles though.
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:21 AM   #15
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecthelion
average.

He has nice handles though.

Below average.

His handles are the only thing he really has going for him. He can pull off risky passes once in a while too, but the problem is that he tries those risky passes in the first place.

My favorite memory of Sergio is when I took my older brother to a game (I think it was vs the Nets) and he got the ball out on a fast break. He threw what looked like a lob for the ref. It made me angry, but because it was one of the worst mistakes I've ever seen in person, I laughed my @ss off.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: