Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #16
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Summer league roster.

Looks like the initial reports were way off, what happend to Dee Brown?
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Pistons summer league roster

Maybe Will Bynum took his spot. I don't think he was on the list. I forgot all about that guy.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #18
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Alex Acker >> Will Bynum
Old 06-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #19
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I kept waiting for Acker to show something, and I just never saw much. I think he should be a solid backup, but I haven't seen it on the court yet.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, they won their first game

http://truebluepistons.blogspot.com/
Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 AM   #21
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

we should have walter herrman in our roster to lol
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #22
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Can't believe I weigh 15-20 lbs less than Cheikh.

you don't. obviously cheik has put on weight since being drafted. those are draft day measurements.

also, amir is a solid 7-0 now not 6-9.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

Actually, they say Amir is 6'10" or 6'11" now. I posted it in another thread. That's why I was saying we should wait until after summer league to make any moves. We can see if Samb will be good enough to make the team and see if Johnson can give us some quality minutes down low and possibly even play center if needed. They could be solid young backups that have enough length to give other teams problems.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #24
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

So the Pistons let Will Bynum play the second half against the Clippers while Stuckey sat.

Does this kid have a chance to make training camp? Lets see how he does tonight.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #25
embersyc
Lurker

9 fouls for Amir.

I wouldn't be opposed to throwing him in on any trade we do if it will help match salaries.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #26
dd24
College superstar

There's a lot of people who rack up fouls in summer league though. They need a limit so people fear fouling out just a little bit. Even if it's 7.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #27
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Will Bynum stat line from last night (vs. Mavs)

Code:
min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a off def tot ast pf st to bs pts 33:59 8-11 0-1 4-6 0 4 4 3 4 2 1 0 20

I'd say he has some potential…
he has been playing better as time progresses. I think we should invite him to training camp, especially since Billups is on the block and would need some depth at PG.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #28
dd24
College superstar

He was the best player on the team that lost in the Euroleague championship. That doesn't mean much though, because Trajon Langdon tore him up. If Langdon isn't good enough for the league, I don't know if Bynum is. It's hard to tell if he has NBA talent yet.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #29
embersyc
Lurker

Why did Stuckey miss three games?

I hope he is okay.

Also Samb >> Amir.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #30
dd24
College superstar

I must say I am really impressed with Samb's growth and I think he won himself a spot on the roster. With that said I think it's very difficult to say he is better than Amir at this point. He only averaged 1 ppg more than Amir and he averaged 2 rpg less. Amir was clearly better on the boards. Also I keep reading about how Amir did so many things well that don't show up on a stat sheet. Apparently, defensively he was a monster and was trapping very well. He kinda sounded like the Ben Wallace before 2005.

I can't find anything on Stuckey except for he only played 13 minutes in the 2nd game against the Clippers and then he didn't play the rest of the summer league, so it doesn't look good judging on that. All of the games can be watched online so I am going to watch that 2nd game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: