Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 06-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
ndPac
Serious playground baller

ndPac is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Question fantasy football question

im starting a league., got everything set, but just wondering is it better/ more avg to have a 10 player league or a 12 player league?
In b-ball i always have 12 and hear thats the best, but I'm hearing 10 is better for football. IT is a head-to-head league. .

and should qb td's thrown be 4 pts or 6pts? I have 1 pt for 25 yds of passing,
rb 6 pts td, 1 point per 10 yds,
wr 6 pts td, 1 point per 10 yrs,

Bonuses:

qb:
250 yd + = 1 pt
300 = 2 pts
350 = 3 pts

rb
100 = 1pt
200 = 2pt
250 = 3pt

wr
100 = 1pt
200 = 2pt
250 = 3pts

so mainly just curious if qb td's should be 6pts also, or will that put too much emphasis on the qb? I also have 2 rbs, 2 wr's and 1 wr/rb in the line up. . . . and 10/12 player league if that makes any difference?

Any feedback is appreciated!
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: fantasy football question

10 players is how many public leagues go and works fine, 12 is a little more deep, but not an issue either (I've done some of these as well). I personally like having all TD's being the same amount (6 points), but I can understand why many people like QB TD's as less because generally only one QB gets ran and throws for more TD's than RB's and WR's run/receive for TD's. I would also add a TE spot and/or a TE/WR spot. Then there's obviously also the Kicker and Defense spots. Once you've got all those set, you're looking at a pretty decent league. Also, I don't really like the "bonus point areas" because those are tough to balance out, but that's completely up to you and your league members...
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
ndPac
Serious playground baller

ndPac is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: fantasy football question

ok thanks for the info. . yea I also have a TE, K, and DEF. . i just didnt list everything only what i had questions about.

I dont really like the bonus points stuff either but did it last year in my money league and kind of thought it was interesting. maybe i will take that stuff off i dunno.
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: