Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-31-2006, 12:40 AM   #31
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapsFan4Lyf
ROFL

Glad you enjoyed my observation. and yes I am really a Knick fan.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:02 AM   #32
netsfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

netsfan has an OK reputation so far

If Larry Brown was a good coach how come the knicks still suck. Past couple of years the knicks was doing bad and even if you got a new coach they still will be bad.
netsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:02 AM   #33
netsfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

netsfan has an OK reputation so far

If Larry Brown was a good coach how come the knicks still suck. Past couple of years the knicks was doing bad and even if you got a new coach they still will be bad.
netsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:24 AM   #34
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapsFan4Lyf
lol that just proves new yorkers dont know S***

knicks are bogged down by heavy contracts, they have nate rob, Q rich, francis, marbury, crawford who are all trigger happy and who all demand minutes. whereas toronto is mostly euro, and euro plays as a team XD

50 wins my nuts.. i swear, if knicks get 40 wins or above, ill eat my n*tsack with some tabasco sauce.

The knicks could make 40 wins, it is possible. You better go buy the tobasco sauce because any team with talent like that could make 40 wins. There's no way it's impossible.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 AM   #35
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

True enough, but too much talent could screw up chemistry because having so much talent on the team, so many players would want the ball each night. Knicks will do fine this season depending if James can do better, Curry has a solid Season, Starbury stay injury-free and Francis does not cry.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:19 AM   #36
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

James has nothing to do with the Knicks success.

Marbury/Francis/Jefferies/Frye/Curry. I hate the Knicks, but that isn't that bad of a lineup, and actually pretty balanced. Only thing missing is a 3 pt shooter. I would assume that is who Isiah will start.

As for Larry Brown, he is a very good coach, but his team development takes time. Tons of players have even said that after his recent firing with the Knicks. In a year or two, the Knicks would have been solid, if not very good, under Brown. With Isiah coaching, they will win games, possible be around .500, not because Isiah is a good coach, but because he'll just let them run.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #37
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
YEEEESSSSS, we speak SOOOOO highly about Jerome James around our forum:rollingeyes: . Seriously, yall made up the "Curry is better than Bosh" and "Jerome James makes our franchise great" posts. Looks like yall are just looking for new excuses to hate on us.

One of your Knick posters (I believe is might have been 'Handle the Rock') did say in a post that 'Curry is better than Bosh'. I remember reading that in a post somewhere. I believe it was in the general forum. I tried looking back in the Knicks forum for his quote but could not find it. Not going to waste any more time doing that. He may have erased it anyways.

There are some Knick posters and also Raptor posters who are not necessarily the brightest to say the least, who like to use profanity and like to hate the other's team.

Last edited by huppcap : 09-01-2006 at 11:31 AM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #38
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
James has nothing to do with the Knicks success.

Marbury/Francis/Jefferies/Frye/Curry.

1. I hate the Knicks, but that isn't that bad of a lineup, and actually pretty balanced. Only thing missing is a 3 pt shooter. I would assume that is who Isiah will start.

2. As for Larry Brown, he is a very good coach, but his team development takes time. Tons of players have even said that after his recent firing with the Knicks. In a year or two, the Knicks would have been solid, if not very good, under Brown.

3. With Isiah coaching, they will win games, possible be around .500, not because Isiah is a good coach, but because he'll just let them run.

1. I agree with most of what you said - except for hating the Knicks. Crawford should be in the lineup instead of smith. That will give them the outside shooting and be more complementary to Marbury. But Isiah has to learn that or he may be trying to inflate smith's trade value.

2. You probably are right about LB. However, LB was trying to get the team to trade for "his type" of players and tanked the first season as a result.

3. Zeke will be a better coach than you think. But 41 wins should be close to what they will do.

Last edited by oldknickfan : 09-02-2006 at 06:53 PM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: