Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Bosh_#4
I airball my layups

Bosh_#4 has an OK reputation so far
Default Gerald Green

Why dont we use our MLE to sign G.Green i remember him being a good shoter n great ahteltism n we need a versitale wing player.
Bosh_#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Gerald Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh_#4
Why dont we use our MLE to sign G.Green i remember him being a good shoter n great ahteltism n we need a versitale wing player.

Not a chance we use our MLE on Green....Maybe Posey maybe..
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

People seem to forget things so quick...if you don't recall..Green said on draft day when Toronto had a chance to get him ..that he hopes Toronto doesnt draft him because he doesnt want to play for them...and if you dont recall when Toronto didn't draft him the camera panned at his table and him and his family were celebrating ...players like that i can never respect..serves him right for being a bust in the NBA...we dont need junk..let another team pick him up.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gerald Green is one of the few players in the NBA that I'd actually prefer less than Joey Graham.

He is a very dumb athlete who likes to chuck long jumpers and that's it.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
BrownBaller
I airball my layups

BrownBaller has an OK reputation so far

you know once gerald green was compared to a young tmac in the making
BrownBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Love the Posey idea! A top notch defensive player who can also shoot the three. With the Mc'Bosh duo providing a nasty inside game, i feel it might be exactly what we need! It will be much tougher for a Raptor "slasher type" forward like a Maggette to get inside the paint now, when opposition teams will try to stop the duo by clogging it with players. We will need to have plenty of quality outside shooters to keep them honest. Kapono should see his game most benefited. However there will be games and situations where he will be a defensive liability and a guy like Posey the better match.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Why the **** would we use the MLE on Gerald Green? That would be retarded. I don't even think Babcock is that dumb. Okay, he probably is but you get my point.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #8
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, and Posey might help our defense, in it's attempt not to get burned by top flight 2's torching us by driving it to the basket....First step was gettin a big body in the center who can swat. Second step is gettin a guy who can defed from the perimeter and board, but still as an alright shot.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Posey left about 3.3 mill on the table to leave Boston, anyone offering 5 mill would nab him. The guys been on two NBA champion teams in his short career allready. Celtics proved this year that defence wins championships, not offence. Phoenix Golden State and Denver prove the latter.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

green will be lucky to get league minimum
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #11
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Gerald Green? I pay him $7.50 an hour.. nothing more.. maybe + big mac combo as meals allowance.
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
Gerald Green? I pay him $7.50 an hour.. nothing more.. maybe + big mac combo as meals allowance.

nice...lol! I second that
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #13
rap08
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rap08 has an OK reputation so far

Gerald Green, really is over-rated.I would compare him with Darius Miles. Posey would be a great pick up, but I cannot see Bryan liking him especially when offered $6m to Kapono instead of Posey.Why he did that really baffles me.
rap08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #14
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Gerald Green will be very lucky is any team offers him a try-out for there summer team.

I'd rather not sign Posey and just go with Moon.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #15
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

If we could get Green for next to nothing then I would take him for sure. Maybe somehow Mitchell could get through to him, or guys like Bosh and JO because he has tons of physical ability. Still super young and immature, but guys like that can get better.

He has shown little in his career so far and very well could be out of the league soon....but he could get better.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: