Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Surplus of Guards who goes who stays

I figure if we wanna win now we gotta get rid of hinrich and gordon for other good players but what about Hughes, Sefolosha, Duhon, Shannon Brown. I think we should keep duhon as a serviceable backup PG and Sefolosha as a backup SG.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
bulls0704
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bulls0704 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Surplus of Guards who goes who stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
I figure if we wanna win now we gotta get rid of hinrich and gordon for other good players but what about Hughes, Sefolosha, Duhon, Shannon Brown. I think we should keep duhon as a serviceable backup PG and Sefolosha as a backup SG.

Duhon and Brown are both unrestricted free agents. They will probably both be gone unless the Bulls manage to somehow unload Hughes and Gordon then I can see them bringing back Duhon. I don't see Pax letting Sefolosha go after the major improvements he made last year. If he continues to work on his jump shot the Bulls will do all they can to keep him around. He is 6'7" and has a nice wing span and is a good defender.
bulls0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Surplus of Guards who goes who stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26

If we keep Hughes and he isn't starting, then I am perfectly OK with Sefolosha as the backup PG. He doesn't turn the ball over, and at 6-6 can guard the better player on defense so Hughes doesn't look as bad. We don't need Duhon, although I have always liked him. I would like to resign Shannon Brown to a 1 or 2 year deal to be the 3rd string PG. He deserves more playing time than we can give him, but I would like to keep him on the team. Not sure if we have room for him though...is JamesOn Curry's contract guaranteed for this year? If we don't keep him around, we could use a 5th guard, which would make room for Brown. Otherwise, we could take a shot on Gerald Green. He will come cheap, and doesn't have the leverage to demand a lot of minutes.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Trade: Kirk Hinrich, sign and trade Ben Gordon

Let go: Chris Duhon, Brown

Stay: Sefolosha, Larry Hughes

I think the main focus should be trading for a big man right now and then hopefully the final season of Larry Hughes' large contract the Bulls can trade him to a team for a real good shooting guard to pair up with Rose.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

gordon will stay over hughes for sure... bg and rose r already bonding and pax still likes bg...

although i wish we had a tall, strong sg so that the opposing sg wont guard rose
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
Deng13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Deng13 has an OK reputation so far

The only two guards that can be moved are kirk and ben. Not sure if both are gonna be moved but one of them for sure. if both are moved then we are gonna have to either sign a back up pg or get one thru trade since no1 else on our roster can run the point effectively.

we should really just let hughes contract run out and with all that salary cap go after dwade in 2010.

i know sefolosha is staying for sure. he was like one of the two names that vinny mentioned during his interviews. Vinny loves the fact that seflosha can play both sg and sf.

duhon is gone for sure.

I hope miami sucks major ass for the coming two years that dwade gets so frustrated that he moves to chi. Could you imagine this roster?

pg- Rose/??
Sg- Dwade/ Thabo
Sf- Deng/Noc
Pf- TT/??
C- Noah/??

in two years rose, deng and TT prolly will have upgraded their game a lot. dwade will prolly be in his prime and with the style vinny wants to play i think this would be a perfect team. Since they all can play D maybe with the exception of TT and run really well in an open court.

What do you guys think?
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
casual_observer
I airball my layups

casual_observer has an OK reputation so far

with the addition of Rose both Ben and Kirk have to go.

We need a shooting guard that can defend the other teams 2. Ben Gordon absolutely does not fit that need. Kirk does a little bit (remember I said a little bit ... so lets not start whos is a better 2, him or Kirk) but he eventually gets tired guarding the bigger guys.

of Larry and Thabo...Thabo is a better defender but Larry can score more. I still like to see Thabo develop over time and eventually take over.

We should definitely sign Deng. I think he will come to his senses and take something like 12M a year. He has not shown leadership, lacks the killer instincts and has not demanded the ball when the game is online. I still like him...he is like a Scottie Pipen...less defense and more offense than Pipen.

Kirk, Ben, Godden, Nocioni, Hughes are all expendable.....move them if we can...get some expiring contracts if possible...or in Ben's case...just let him walk...give Tyrus and Noah some time before passing judgement.
casual_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
gordon will stay over hughes for sure... bg and rose r already bonding and pax still likes bg...

although i wish we had a tall, strong sg so that the opposing sg wont guard rose

not if gordon wants 10 million a year
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

This is what I want to see. Bulls get a starting get a big legitimate SG, oh wait Maggette's a free agent get him, Paxson should be trying to get him, but probabaly won't which sucks! The other gaurds would be D.Rose and Thabo of coarse and I would sign a veteran backup PG. Also, I'm totally for having a 5th gaurd incase of injury and he would player garbage/limited minutes in other cases. We have a combo gaurd in Brown which is perfect in Brown.

The bare minimum for gaurds is four which includes two starters and two backups, but a fifth gaurd makes sense, it's better than trying to have a SF play the 2 gaurd position or having to sign the best gaurd available, which could be really tough later in the season. So, this also means 5 gaurds is the maximum a team should have, but some idiots would still disagree with me and say there are too many gaurds on the Bulls. Rememeber four is the minimum and not neccesarily the best, while five gaurds is ideal.:)
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: