Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Which is the more relevent mesurement, with or without shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Without shoes is far more important because it's a far more reliable measurement. The "with shoes" measures are completely unreliable, varying by as much as 3 inches depending on the type of shoes the player is wearing. There is never a guarantee that the player will play games in the same pair of shoes that he showed up to the measuring session in.

Players who show up to two combines (because they withdrew from the draft after the first one due to seeing their low draft stock) almost always get taller "in shoes" but don't get taller "out of shoes." Think about that. If you want hard data to back that up, search for the article about it at brewhoop.com.
I can't add anything to this thread as my thoughts have all been summed up in this post. So I don't know why I made this irrelevant post.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Who cares how tall a player is as long as he gets the job done at his position. The NBA is all about wingspan now anyways.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #18
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Without shoes is far more important because it's a far more reliable measurement. The "with shoes" measures are completely unreliable, varying by as much as 3 inches depending on the type of shoes the player is wearing. There is never a guarantee that the player will play games in the same pair of shoes that he showed up to the measuring session in.

Players who show up to two combines (because they withdrew from the draft after the first one due to seeing their low draft stock) almost always get taller "in shoes" but don't get taller "out of shoes." Think about that. If you want hard data to back that up, search for the article about it at brewhoop.com.

What he said.

I don't go around telling people I'm 6 foot, since I usally walk around in shoes, I am 5'10". Is their weight with shoes and clothes on too?

I had no idea players listed heights were in shoes until recently... it makes no sense IMO.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: