Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #16
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kidd was stymied by Mavs' slowdown game

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Well Avery never seemed like he wanted the deal, it was Cuban's baby and he forced it on Avery
maybe AJ not wanting the deal was part of the problem. from following various mavs writers and the main mavs message board (not the ISH one), it didn't look like there was a high degree of confidence that the team as constructed was going anywhere.

and maybe the deal didn't have to be for kidd but something had to be done because dirk's window of opportunity is not going to last forever... the team being built around him and all.

and nobody can tell me that they knew for certain that kidd wasn't going to work unless they knew for sure that kidd wasn't going to be used efficiently. sure, the offense wasn't a natural fit, but too many sources from the team have said that AJ wasn't flexible enough either. this wasn't 'after he was fired' stuff- it came out before.

and nobody can tell me carlisle is a worse coach than avery. the guy has done a remarkable job most places he's been. he hasn't been as diplomatic as he could have been in the past, and knows that's his weak point, but i don't know of a basketball expert in existence who thinks he's a bad coach. everyone i've read has been high on him and high on his fit with the mavs.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #17
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
From what I have heard, Avery was pushing for Kidd. One problem with that though is that Avery cant run a offense and it showed

No he wasnt pushing for the trade. It was Cuban who did and AJ wasnt one who really wanted it to happen. AJ knew Kidd's game was not suited for the system he ran. He like Devin Harris better and pretty much watched him grow from a rookie.

Avery isnt the best offensive coach, but how many guys could do well in a situation when a big part of your roster has changed half way through teh year? Avery already had a system running and its not easy to change the whole makeup of your offense halfway through the year.

IMO, Avery got an unfair shake. It takes more than a few months to get player acclimated to each other and to develop a different offense that gears towards the stregths of your stars
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #18
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
But Devin Harris doesn't get burned everytime down the court by Chris Paul, Derron Williams, Baron Davis, Tony Parker and Allen Iverson like Jason Kidd. Devin Harris is young also while Kidd is going to be more than likely going to be thinking retirement when his contract is up. Don't get me wrong. I've loved J. Kidd since elementary school but he's almost done. His career is basically over and I don't think he can lead Dallas to the promise land. They also traded 1st round draft picks for this year and I think next year so they can't add any youth through the draft. Yes Stackhouse needs to go. They also need to let Malik Allen, Devean George, Juwan Howard, Antoine Wright and Jamaal Magloire walk and only resign Tyronn Lue and match anyoffers for Barea and completely rehaul their bench. They also need to get younger as their average age is 29.5. I think if the Spurs get younger this offseason then Dallas will be the oldest team in the league.

Yes, I agree that Dirk has a horrible supporting cast and that bench needs to go. Brendan Bass emerged that he can be a good player and possibly starting over Dampier's lazy ass. THey should trade stackhouse for like Eddy Curry, im pretty sure the contracts are the same. Knicks will get rud of curry's big contract and go for lebron sweepstakes while Mavs get a good low post scorer. The knicks will trade curry for about anything. With the MLE you sign a combo guard that can defend doesn't need to score. The Mavs can put up a lineup like. not a bad team imo. this team made the finals a year ago and they can do the same. They get a new coach who doesn't try to make a Spurs clone and coach towards strengths.

Kidd/MLE
Terry/MLE
Howard
Dirk/Bass
Curry/Dampier
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #19
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the players thought Avery was crazy
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #20
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
the players thought Avery was crazy

all you have to do is listen to his voice to tell hes crazy
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #21
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

knickballer- I heard the MAvs were goig to spend the full mle on Diop
Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #22
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
all you have to do is listen to his voice to tell hes crazy
Yeah lol, I thought his players had respect for him...
Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
knickballer- I heard the MAvs were goig to spend the full mle on Diop

I heard that too. I was just putting a trade that seemed like a good deal. Diop is not a bad player. Good defense, blocks shots, rebounds and gives Dampier some competition.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #24
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I don't think Walsh would trade Curry for Stackhouse. New York already has a ton of shooting guards and small forwards plus point guards who love to shoot. I heard that Dallas is trying to sign Diop back to a decently big contract for a player like him. I'd also like them to bring in Josh Childress, James Posey and Chris Duhon and look something like this.

Kidd/Duhon/Barea
Terry/Posey/Lue
Howard/Childress/Jones
Dirk/Bass
Diop/Dampier

If it wasn't for the Dampier contract then I'd approve of Dallas keeping Magloire as I think he's the better player but when Dampier's contract is up, it'll help Dallas a lot.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #25
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I don't think Walsh would trade Curry for Stackhouse. New York already has a ton of shooting guards and small forwards plus point guards who love to shoot. I heard that Dallas is trying to sign Diop back to a decently big contract for a player like him. I'd also like them to bring in Josh Childress, James Posey and Chris Duhon and look something like this.

Kidd/Duhon/Barea
Terry/Posey/Lue
Howard/Childress/Jones
Dirk/Bass
Diop/Dampier

If it wasn't for the Dampier contract then I'd approve of Dallas keeping Magloire as I think he's the better player but when Dampier's contract is up, it'll help Dallas a lot.

How are the Mavs gonna get Duhon , Childress, Posey and Diop? They don't have the cap for them unless they do some type of sign and trade. They should try to get Duhon or possibly Hinrich from the Bulls.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #26
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Dallas can't expect to have a running team with Josh Howard, Jerry Stackhouse, Eddie Jones, Jason Terry and Greg Buckner or whoever they have on the wings. Not one of them is a great athlete or at least runs fast, nor does even one of them have a clue of how to actually run a decent fast break.

Stack, Jones and Josh or Jet need to go, and some athletic, good-running swingmen need to be signed. Mickael Pietrus, Ricky Davis, Fred Jones, Mo Evans are all unrestricted FAs and would be better fits than Stackhouse and Jones.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #27
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
How are the Mavs gonna get Duhon , Childress, Posey and Diop? They don't have the cap for them unless they do some type of sign and trade. They should try to get Duhon or possibly Hinrich from the Bulls.

Oh, I didn't know.

I figured they would be under after losing George, Juwan Howard and Jamaal Magloire contracts.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #28
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Oh, I didn't know.

I figured they would be under after losing George, Juwan Howard and Jamaal Magloire contracts.

They all made vet minimum
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: