Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #16
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Re: Melo To The Hawks?

#42 me thinks.

Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #17
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Durant is a shooting guard now, but thats besides the point. I actually like this trade but with Williams playing power forward and Smith playing the three in Denver. Denver has Camby in the paint and need a guy on the perimeter to slow down paint penetration and when you throw in Williams in the paint with Camby, that would be a deadly blocking and stealing combo, especially with Josh Smith on the perimeter. I also like the Hawks starting five and being able to move ZaZa to the bench, where I think he is a better fit especially with Atlanta's lack of big men.

Good Job!
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #18
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
since when...? ahhh oak hill
Towson Catholic for 3 years before that.

Carmelo couldn't wear #22 at Syracuse because it's retired in honor of David Bing so he picked #15 as an alternate.

Carmelo couldn't wear #22 for Denver because it was being worn by Skitz.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #19
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

another sign:

melo = glenn robinson
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #20
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Durant is a shooting guard now, but thats besides the point. I actually like this trade but with Williams playing power forward and Smith playing the three in Denver. Denver has Camby in the paint and need a guy on the perimeter to slow down paint penetration and when you throw in Williams in the paint with Camby, that would be a deadly blocking and stealing combo, especially with Josh Smith on the perimeter. I also like the Hawks starting five and being able to move ZaZa to the bench, where I think he is a better fit especially with Atlanta's lack of big men.

Good Job!

You do a great down syndrome impersonation. Bravo.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #21
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Good Job!
Marvin Williams in the post?

When did Marvin Williams become a threat on the defensive end?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #22
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
another sign:

melo = glenn robinson

I've always thought Melo was the 2nd coming of Adrian Dantley?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #23
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Marvin Williams in the post?

When did Marvin Williams become a threat on the defensive end?

He's not but he's very athletic and I'm sure he could turn that athleticism into him being a shot blocker by learning from Marcus Camby in practice ala how Joel Przybilla learned from Theo Ratliff. Plus, you just said it yourself, when did Williams become a threat on the defensive end? If you have both Camby and Smith in the post with Williams and J.R. Smith as wings and Iverson running point, then you really haveno front court defense at all. If you put Josh Smith at the three then you can at least run a decent 3-2 zone with Iverson's quick hands and Josh Smith as almost a lock down defender.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #24
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
He's not but he's very athletic and I'm sure he could turn that athleticism into him being a shot blocker by learning from Marcus Camby in practice ala how Joel Przybilla learned from Theo Ratliff. Plus, you just said it yourself, when did Williams become a threat on the defensive end? If you have both Camby and Smith in the post with Williams and J.R. Smith as wings and Iverson running point, then you really haveno front court defense at all. If you put Josh Smith at the three then you can at least run a decent 3-2 zone with Iverson's quick hands and Josh Smith as almost a lock down defender.
You just said Josh Smith would be on the perimeter.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #25
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Forget the Hawks, he needs to come to Detroit.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #26
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

I know, I never changed it.

Here, I think we arn't talking the same language

PG - Iverson
SG - J.R. Smith
SF - Josh Smith
PF - Marvin Williams
C - Marcus Camby

Although I'd like to start Nene over Marvin any day of the week, but this is just from the line up you suggested.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #27
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

all of this speculation can stop now
the hawks WILL keep Josh Smith
if anything

trade marvin williams mike bibby
for allen iverson

PG Iverson
SG Johnson
SF Smith
PF Horford
C Diop

thats a championship calibur team
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #28
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
all of this speculation can stop now
the hawks WILL keep Josh Smith
if anything

trade marvin williams mike bibby
for allen iverson

PG Iverson
SG Johnson
SF Smith
PF Horford
C Diop

thats a championship calibur team

as much as denver (supposedly) wants to get rid of A.I., why would they trade A.I. for those 2???
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #29
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

that would be a good trade for derver, they got a solid PG who can score a little and distribute the ball to make sure melo gets his 30+, and a young forward with potential to be a shooter but not much else, he can be a solid bench contributor

looks like a good trade for both sides
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #30
NugzFan
College superstar

NugzFan has decent reputationNugzFan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23
anthony is not that much more valuable then smith to justify the hawks also giving up williams and a draft pick. and since when is diop on the hawks? (edit: missed the part about signing a center for the MLE)

i do like the idea of smith on the nuggets. it would work well. i just don't see the hawks doing that trade.

whoa...

that deal, as is, barely makes it. take away williams and the picks and it has no chance.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: