Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Can anybody guard lebron in the nba

I had this arguement with people before and i don't think any 1 can shut him down.Shawn Marrion seems like the closes person that could but even he can't.Can any 1 think of a player that plays in the nba right now?
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can anybody guard lebron in the nba

When they played the Nuggets Carmelo stopped him from scoring but LeBron was still racking up assists, does that count?
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

dafunkphenom has an OK reputation so far

Nobody can stop him, but Paul Pierce does a decent job at frustrating him at times.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
When they played the Nuggets Carmelo stopped him from scoring but LeBron was still racking up assists, does that count?
yes that counts when was this? like do you know the date or anything the year?Was it the team shuting him down or 1 on 1's?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
Rafa
Kids at the park dunk on me

Rafa has an OK reputation so far

i can
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
Nobody can stop him, but Paul Pierce does a decent job at frustrating him at times.
That was a team effort i mean some 1 shuting down lebron without a double team.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #7
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
I had this arguement with people before and i don't think any 1 can shut him down.Shawn Marrion seems like the closes person that could but even he can't.Can any 1 think of a player that plays in the nba right now?

1 on 1 is impossible. I think every defender needs a little help to guard him. From a team perspective, if anything you don't want him driving into the lane, pretty much just let him shoot jumpers.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

dafunkphenom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
That was a team effort i mean some 1 shuting down lebron without a double team.
That's why I said he frustrates him, Not stops him.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
1 on 1 is impossible. I think every defender needs a little help to guard him. From a team perspective, if anything you don't want him driving into the lane, pretty much just let him shoot jumpers.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #10
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa
i can

He will dunk on u hard
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this board

They could certainly frustrate him and force him into bad games now and then, but I dont think there's anyone in the NBA who could stop him on a consistent basis.

Same is true for most great scorers.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Deshawn Stevenson & Soulja Boy one-two combo.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #13
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie
They could certainly frustrate him and force him into bad games now and then, but I dont think there's anyone in the NBA who could stop him on a consistent basis.

Same is true for most great scorers.
All i want is one game where some 1 shut him down and it wasn't a team effort can any 1 think of any game where it happen?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
Anti404
WHY SO SERIOUS

Anti404 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
All i want is one game where some 1 shut him down and it wasn't a team effort can any 1 think of any game where it happen?
Why would they try to stop him one on one? It generally makes more sense to play good team oriented defense(Spurs, Celtics, Pistons, anyone?) than try to stop people 1v1.
Anti404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #15
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

i dont think anyone can. i dont even think if a lebron clone can stop lebron's offense.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: