Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #16
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can anybody guard lebron in the nba

No. Not one individual player can defend the elite offensive players. Only guy who can stop Lebron is himself and that shaky jumpshot. But when hes on, just get out of the way or you may turn into a poster
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

I don't think it's impossible
but I can't think of anyone who has the footwork to keep him in front of them.
Maybe Joe Dumars in his prime

Lebron is Dominique Wilkins with better ball handling and pt guard skills.
if you give him a lane or room he's so big and strong the only way to guard him is to have great footwork to keep him in front of you. Otherwise he your gettin dunked on. You can't even slap the ball out his hands cuz he gathers it like a Running back when he drives through the lane.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #18
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Until lebron becomes surrounded with all-stars, we wont see a team play him 1on1 on defense. It just doesn't make sense. Right now, they usually have 2 out of 5 players on the floor that you wont have to guard closely.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

Not sure how to stop him but try to expose his weakness by having him fall in love with the jumpers. Get into his head by saying he doesnt have an outside game and see if he falls for that.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #20
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
Nobody can stop him, but Paul Pierce does a decent job at frustrating him at times.

True even before this year I would have picked Paul Pierce as my choice against Bron, just because they seem to seriously not like each other, and up their level of play whenever their teams meet. I still remember when they almost fought in pre-season.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #21
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Um.. The Spurs team.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #22
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

nash can guard him
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #23
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
True even before this year I would have picked Paul Pierce as my choice against Bron, just because they seem to seriously not like each other, and up their level of play whenever their teams meet. I still remember when they almost fought in pre-season.

they can't stand each other

I think it's died down but Lebron's rookie season Paul got ejected in cleveland and told Lebron he ain't sht before he left the court.

The very next time they played Paul dropped 40 on him.

I recall it specifically cux it was the first time I saw Paul spazz out like that.
He was pst but I do think it's died down since.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #24
206kid
High School Varsity 12th Man

206kid has not been impressing people

No one can guard Lebron when healthy, but you can say that about a lot of superstars in the NBA. No one can stop Kobe 1-1, Shaq ( Prime ), KG, Wade ( Healthy) Baron Davis, T-Mac. There's a lot of players you can't stop 1-1.
206kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #25
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if you're good at defending pick and rolls, then yes, that's all lebron does...he can penetrate but his teammates make the lane open. 1on1 with kobe or t-mac would be interesting...
highwhey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #26
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has decent reputation

I see Beasley doing a decent job at this in about a year or two of expirence.
Buffalobraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #27
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marion, Pierce, Artest.

Without a team effort though, you won't contain him.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #28
ShowTime LA
In it to win it

ShowTime LA is considered somewhat coolShowTime LA is considered somewhat cool

Force him to take the jump shot.
ShowTime LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #29
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far