Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rockets trying to form an AARP squad?

first they announce they are targeting Brent Barry and Horry, now they are reportedly going after Sam Cassell. WTF? Maggette should be the Rockets number 1 target. I know Morey cant possibly be this dumb, hopefully this is all just some kind of smokescreen...
Quote:
While Cassell has said he expects to return, a source close to the situation said Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas also have interest in his services

Last edited by rezznor : 07-01-2008 at 02:23 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rockets trying to form an AARP squad?

Why would they be interested in a small gaurd? they have jackson, alston, head, brooks, Francis(i think?) no way they should go after Cassell... You are right it should definently be Maggete
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
nba_55
Searching a new team

nba_55 is considered somewhat coolnba_55 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
first they announce they are targeting Brent Barry and Horry, now they are reportedly going after Sam Cassell. WTF? Maggette should be the Rockets number 1 target. I know Morey cant possibly be this dumb, hopefully this is all just some kind of smokescreen...

THey may get Barry. I dont except them to go after Cassell and Horry.
Barry is good. He is like 48% 3pt shooter. Rockets need shooters.
We should also resign Landry and make a trade for a third scorer.
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

The Rockets are trying to do a Nostalgia tour.

Clutch City Era - Cassell & Horry
Franchise Era - Steve Francis
Yao/T-Mac Era - Yao & T-Mac
The Future Era - Luis Scola, Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry & the rookies
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba_55
THey may get Barry. I dont except them to go after Cassell and Horry.
Barry is good. He is like 48% 3pt shooter. Rockets need shooters.
We should also resign Landry and make a trade for a third scorer.
i agree. out of those 3 guys barry is the only one i would even remotely consider.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i agree. out of those 3 guys barry is the only one i would even remotely consider.

I think all 3 of those players are great additions to teams looking to contend for a championship however the rockets are not contending for a championship without getting a 3rd option imo.
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

p.s. Is Dikembe Mutombo returning for his 23rd season?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #8
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

No to Cassell and Horry, yes to Barry. We can't get Maggette unless there is a sign and trade, because, all we are going to have is part of the mid-level exception, after we sign Landry back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmef9
p.s. Is Dikembe Mutombo returning for his 23rd season?
Yes he is.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
No to Cassell and Horry, yes to Barry. We can't get Maggette unless there is a sign and trade, because, all we are going to have is part of the mid-level exception, after we sign Landry back.

Yes he is.

is he deffinatley returning to the rockets? I just read in another thread mutombo is high on the celtics radar, I don't know if there is any truth behind that but I would love to see him in a celtics uniform.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Morey did say the Rockets weren't going to be looking for big players through free agency. He said it would come through the form of trades (since we have a couple of assets, expiring contracts and such).
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #11
SmackOrH.A.K
Good High School Starter

SmackOrH.A.K has decent reputationSmackOrH.A.K has decent reputation

If we do happen to sign Brent and Cassel I see a future trade involving B-Jax and Head both who have expiring contracts..
SmackOrH.A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #12
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Cassell and Horry should have tried to come full circle a few years ago. Rockets don't have any need for either so hopefully they'll pass. I'd like to see Barry on the team though. He can give the quality minutes at SG/PG that we couldn't get out of Luther Head. I would definitely like to see the team think bigger though and give a run at Maggette or Artest.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmef9
is he deffinatley returning to the rockets? I just read in another thread mutombo is high on the celtics radar, I don't know if there is any truth behind that but I would love to see him in a celtics uniform.
There was an article on the Houston Chronicle about Mutombo deciding to stay another year with the Rockets. I highly doubt there is much truth behind that rumor, maybe the Celtics want him, but Mutombo said he wanted to return to the Rockets.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:

Cmon Cassell is just a rumor like T-Mac going to Detroit or Scola to Greece.

Rockets did admitted to target Berry and Horry. They offer Berry a two year deal last season but he chose return to SA now he is a FA so Rockets ara trying to get a big 2 that can shoot and he is a perfect player.

Houston are trying to build a nice mix of veteran/young players. Landry, Greene, Scola, Dorsey with T-Mac, Yao, Battier, Alston on their prime and vets like Mutombo, probably Berry and Horry.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #15
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maggette is what they really need. A potent scorer and tough dude. Just depends on what they can offer him. I cant see Maggette getting more than an MLE contract bche has never been a great player. I also do not know if he would want to share minutes with T-Mac and Battier. He can get a full time starting position elsewhere
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: