Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #16
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Blazers Officially Sign Fernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaqtion
If he is so good then why didnt he get drafted? I saw his videos he looks CRAZY NICE, but i dont understand.

He did get drafted, at #24, last season, then his rights were traded to Portland for cash considerations because the Suns like helping the Blazers... or something.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #17
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

I'd just like to point out that Rudy shot 59% from 2-point range as a Shooting Guard.

I don't care if the NBA is different, (which it is), 59% from within the arc is rediculous for a jump shooter.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #18
xcesswee
Great young streetballer

xcesswee has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
I'd just like to point out that Rudy shot 59% from 2-point range as a Shooting Guard.

I don't care if the NBA is different, (which it is), 59% from within the arc is rediculous for a jump shooter.

Dang 60 percent.. thats nice.. I've seen some of his videos he has a nice quick release so i have no doubt he'll get his shot off in the NBA.
xcesswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #19
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He did get drafted, at #24, last season, then his rights were traded to Portland for cash considerations because the Suns like helping the Blazers... or something.

Not only that, but many GMs thought he would have went lottery if he came last year and would have been a lottery lock if he were drafted this year. I read somewhere (ESPN?) a top picks for rookie of the year. Beasley was #1, Oden #2, and Rudy #3.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #20
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaqtion
If he is so good then why didnt he get drafted? I saw his videos he looks CRAZY NICE, but i dont understand.

Lol he got drafted at 26 last year and given to Portland by Phoenix for free. No one wanted to wait a year for him to come over, and most teams probably couldn't get him to come over.

Kevin Pritchard and his staff pursued him and talked him into coming over for less money, told him about the players we have in Portland. Most experts say he would have gone top 10 in this draft had he not been drafted last year.

So for Portland we add a number 1 pick, and 2 first rounders that could have gone early in the lottery.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #21
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

WonderBread, some Euro leagues are just a step below the NBA, but definitly better than the NCAA. Explain to me how 3 MVP awards mean nothing in Europe when the said player wins them over other Euros that have either made it to the NBA already and are good players or are getting major hype for the NBA? Also, the olympics really help with this arguement as when was the last time the United States won the gold medal in basketball?
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #22
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

the suns like helping the celtics also, they sold Rajon Rondo's rights to us.
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #23
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Imagine how good of a young team the Suns would be HAHA

Steve Nash/Rajon Rondo/Sergio Rodriguez
Raja Bell/Leandro Barbosa
Rudy Fernandez/Boris Diaw
Amare Stoudamire/?
Shaquille O'Neal/Robin Lopez
Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #24
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen

Amare Stoudamire/?

hahaha zing! sucks for them good for us though.
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #25
BBall Allstar
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BBall Allstar has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Blazers finally add Rudy Fernandez to roster

Rudy Fernandez' niveau is like Calderon's. He is not a bad player.
BBall Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #26
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

People are going to start over hyping him.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #27
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen

Amare Stoudamire/?

Put Rudy at SG and Luol Deng at SF.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #28
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Luol Deng as well?

HAHAHA

Wow, the Suns need new scouts.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #29
exaqtion
Great young streetballer

exaqtion has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Lol he got drafted at 26 last year and given to Portland by Phoenix for free. No one wanted to wait a year for him to come over, and most teams probably couldn't get him to come over.

Kevin Pritchard and his staff pursued him and talked him into coming over for less money, told him about the players we have in Portland. Most experts say he would have gone top 10 in this draft had he not been drafted last year.

So for Portland we add a number 1 pick, and 2 first rounders that could have gone early in the lottery.

oh wow alright now i got cha, too bad cuz then dude looks insane, his handles look on point, quick ass jumper, explodes to the basket...suns are dumb as fuc
exaqtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #30
Goffer3
Butter Knives

Goffer3 has an OK reputation so far

I'm confidence he will be a hit. Clever beyond his age. Portland building nicely

imho
Goffer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: