Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ron artest- doesnt know his own value?

maybe because he's a mental case and a high risk????

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #17
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

R.I.P-Chick has decent reputationR.I.P-Chick has decent reputation

any news on him? Guess he isnt opting out?
R.I.P-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:15 AM   #18
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He changed his mind but the deadline has pass.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #19
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

It's not that he doesn't know his own value, it's that he doesn't have a high value because of his history. If it was just about talent and effort, Ron would be a top 10 player, but Ron's head gets in the way and he's a big liability and won't get paid.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #20
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

R.I.P-Chick has decent reputationR.I.P-Chick has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
He changed his mind but the deadline has pass.
Where did you hear that?
R.I.P-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 AM   #21
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

ron artest fell off big time.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #22
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P-Chick
Where did you hear that?
Was a joke, would be hilarious if he was filling out paperwork 5 minute before the deadline...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #23
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kings fans do you think if had had opted out the kings would have resigned him?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #24
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation

ofcourse he doesn't know his own value. this is the same guy that applied for a job at circuit city while in the nba.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #25
solidus_maximus
I airball my layups

solidus_maximus has an OK reputation so far

i dont really see how he's a "headcase".. what has happened recently to justify that description? you see a bunch of other players doing much worse stuff.. like jamaal tinsley, whoever. and if not for injuries, they would also be very much in the mix. ron artest has been out of trouble for a while now.. and in terms of talent its not unthinkable that he could justify 10 mill/year. isnt this the league that values talent above all else? even pierre pierce was given a tryout in the summer league. I remember a theory being put forth a while ago that Ron has an inferiority complex. maybe he would be uncomfortable with too large of a contract? maybe growing up, he didnt really have expectations so he's scared of expectations being placed on him? other nba players are like, screw it, ill get the money first
solidus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #26
solidus_maximus
I airball my layups

exactly superman. that kind of extreme humility gives a window into his psyche.. its actually kind of appealing to me
Old 07-01-2008, 01:21 AM   #27
solidus_maximus
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
ron artest fell off big time.
sorry, but iggy fell off even greater when it mattered, ie. the playoffs. i used to be a fan of this guy cuz he seemed like the hardworking, blue collar type who possessed it all. but more and more it seems that all he wants is to get paid max and chillax
Old 07-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #28
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus_maximus
exactly superman. that kind of extreme humility gives a window into his psyche.. its actually kind of appealing to me

I don't think that's humility there as much as it is lack of mental perspective.
He's had a history of extra ordinary chaos. He pretty much single-handedly destroyed a potential title contender in Indiana. That's some heavy baggage.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:08 AM   #29
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

BTW, Artest is interviewing Jason Thompson right now on KHTK local radio. Ron doesn't call his rookie teammates by their names. They don't earn that yet. He calls them all "rook", because according to Ron, "they don't have no names". Ron's favorite singer is Celine Dion, and he listens to her before games because it gets him "krunk". Ron is too funny.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #30
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus_maximus
sorry, but iggy fell off even greater when it mattered, ie. the playoffs. i used to be a fan of this guy cuz he seemed like the hardworking, blue collar type who possessed it all. but more and more it seems that all he wants is to get paid max and chillax
sorry, but im a sixers fan, not an iggy fan. i love him as a player and all, i just use his name on this forum because i havent seen his name much in any of these threads. i agree that this years playoff proved that hes not a number one, but with his defensive playmaking abilitys and athleticism, hes a player evryone should want on their team, just not as the your #1 option (and > artest imo)
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: