Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #16
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Celtics make offers to James Posey and Corey Maggette

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
So this would mean Cassell moves on, House moves to second PG and Maggette and Posey would be back up SG and SF.

Why doesn't Boston address their backup center problem first now that PJ Brown might retire...again

Scott Polard is not the answer.

Pollard would be gone as well.. yeah i figured that too but maybe the reason why ainge is doing this because posey wants more money ... So if posey declines magette could be the answer if we can sign both it would be hard to get a decent backup for perk. plus we already have backup for ray allen its JR giddens he maybe young but we will definitely see him regularly this coming season .. Ainge is just making sure we dont lose a great backup for pierce.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #17
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I bet Ainge offered the Full MLE to both of them..Hoping 1 of them takes it.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Maggette at the PF?

*dies with laughter*
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #19
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
Pollard would be gone as well.. yeah i figured that too but maybe the reason why ainge is doing this because posey wants more money ... So if posey declines magette could be the answer if we can sign both it would be hard to get a decent backup for perk. plus we already have backup for ray allen its JR giddens he maybe young but we will definitely see him regularly this coming season .. Ainge is just making sure we dont lose a great backup for pierce.

Ok, I understand now. Ainge is doing the NBA Live thing and putting a ton of offers on the table at once
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #20
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Even if Maggette doesn't wanna sign for the MLE...there's no problem in trying.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #21
veilside23

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
I bet Ainge offered the Full MLE to both of them..Hoping 1 of them takes it.

Yup chances are its going to be magette... But i like posey more simply because he has what it takes under pressure ... cant say magette doesnt have it its just that posey has proven it many times..
Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #22
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Ok, I understand now. Ainge is doing the NBA Live thing and putting a ton of offers on the table at once

indeed ainge is a smart mofo
Old 07-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #23
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
Yup chances are its going to be magette... But i like posey more simply because he has what it takes under pressure ... cant say magette doesnt have it its just that posey has proven it many times..

Meggette is worth more than the MLE and he knows that.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #24
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Even if Maggette doesn't wanna sign for the MLE...there's no problem in trying.

why do you think magette opted out? i think he wants to win and arguably the best team to be in is here
Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #25
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
Meggette is worth more than the MLE and he knows that.

i know that as well but there arent many teams that could give him more and a chance to win it all ....
Old 07-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #26
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

What the hell would the C's do with Magette? I'm sure he doesn't want to go somewhere where he would have to come off the bench.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #27
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

This makes no sense to me at all.

I mean Maggette is a nice guy and all, but this would require him to take BOTH a pay cut - AND - a reduced role on the court, and I would have been surprised to see him sign somewhere and agreeing to just one of those, so I find it very hard that he is down for BOTH.

Very strange, but if it does happen I guess it would make for a good story line when we meet the Celtics in Teh Finals next year
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
This makes no sense to me at all.

I mean Maggette is a nice guy and all, but this would require him to take BOTH a pay cut - AND - a reduced role on the court, and I would have been surprised to see him sign somewhere and agreeing to just one of those, so I find it very hard that he is down for BOTH.

Very strange, but if it does happen I guess it would make for a good story line when we meet the Celtics in Teh Finals next year

Clippers have no chance.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #29
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

id rather have james posey. and if i was james posey, i would be kind of insulted that they would go after maggs at the same time.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #30
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

The more I think about this I'm starting to see that it's Danny putting some pressure on Posey. Posey was great for us this past year, but he's not the type of player that's going to keep the world champs waiting around to see what he's going to do while he talks with other teams.

Posey and his agent said Boston was his first choice but they'd talk to other teams. Danny is basically saying the same thing about Posey by offering a deal to Maggette. There's zero chance the C's end up with both, and I honestly doubt Maggette would sign for the MLE anyway, so in the end I think we get Posey back.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: