Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #31
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Celtics make offers to James Posey and Corey Maggette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
id rather have james posey. and if i was james posey, i would be kind of insulted that they would go after maggs at the same time.

posey was asking for more money.. The reason why ainge did this probably because he figured that if james posey does want more money maybe magette agrees ... dont you just love danny ainge
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #32
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
posey was asking for more money.. The reason why ainge did this probably because he figured that if james posey does want more money maybe magette agrees ... dont you just love danny ainge

No.
The way I see it, there's about a 4% chance Magette lands with the Celtics. There's just no way a player of his caliber is going to want to have a bench role on any team.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #33
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
No.
The way I see it, there's about a 4% chance Magette lands with the Celtics. There's just no way a player of his caliber is going to want to have a bench role on any team.

What if he does..
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #34
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
What if he does..

I will personally throw myself onto the Celtics bandwagon and watch them win 3 more titles.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #35
veilside23

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
No.

you just dont want this to happen because you think that you guys have another shot to win the title since its an odd year ... Why did you think magette opted out?

plus magette has been playing the 6th man role for clippers before right?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #36
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Why did you think magette opted out?

To get MORE money than the MLE, that's for sure.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #37
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Maggette would make all kind of improvements on D with Thibodeau/KG working with him and he would certainly be able to provide scoring off the bench 22PPG, something the Celtics did not have on a consistent basis last year.If we can somehow sign both..omg id cream my pants.But if we can sign Maggette,I wont be as sad if Posey leaves.

Maggette never in his life was a defensive player for even a few seconds.

He would definitely improve scoring, but would not fit in to Boston's 3 point shooting style and tough defense.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #38
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
To get MORE money than the MLE, that's for sure.

nah your just jealous i think.. Of course to win it all who wouldnt want to take less pay to win it all ? magette has been around for quite sometime and he hasnt even know how it feels like to be in a conference finals...
Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #39
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
you just dont want this to happen because you think that you guys have another shot to win the title since its an odd year ... Why did you think magette opted out?

plus magette has been playing the 6th man role for clippers before right?

To get a bigger contract obviously.
Not as of late. He started 65 of the 70 games he played last season.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #40
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Of course to win it all who wouldnt want to take less pay to win it all ?

Someone who realizes this is probably his last chance at a huge long-term contract... like Maggette.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #41
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
nah your just jealous i think.. Of course to win it all who wouldnt want to take less pay to win it all ? magette has been around for quite sometime and he hasnt even know how it feels like to be in a conference finals...

This is why I've never rooted for Boston teams. Boston fans have heads bigger than their waistlines, and that's saying something.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #42
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Maggette never in his life was a defensive player for even a few seconds.

He would definitely improve scoring, but would not fit in to Boston's 3 point shooting style and tough defense.

dont you wish it was the lakers offering him that mle? he would definitely play better offense than odom right?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #43
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
This is why I've never rooted for Boston teams. Boston fans have heads bigger than their waistlines, and that's saying something.

just voicing out my opinion and am just happy that we can possibly have both... i bet if you have this opportunity you would just be as happy. and those who hate you are either jealous or wish they had the same opportunity..
Old 07-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #44
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL

So true.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #45
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
dont you wish it was the lakers offering him that mle? he would definitely play better offense than odom right?

Offensively he'd be better than Odom yes, because Odom couldn't shoot jumpers at all while maggette is slightly mediocre at it instead of completely.

But honestly maggette is not worth more than Odom. Odom does exceptionally well in every category.

If I were to sign maggette, it would be as a 6th man and he would do such an excellent job there especially if some teams are playing good D. Maggette can break through defenses and get to the free throw line a lot.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: