Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Monta Ellis......It's his time to shine

Over the course of the 07-08 season, a couple threads came up asking could you build a team around Monta Ellis, well it's his time to shine. We will finally get a chance to see next year. I'm hoping the warriors can trade Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington to the Nuggets via sign and trade of JR Smith and Klieza or something like that.

Monta averaged 21 ppg last season as a second option on the warriors. I wouldn't be surprised if he put around 27 a game next year as the #1 guy. I'm pulling for this kid. He's the only player I've ever watched play in High School.

Predict his statline for next year...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Monta Ellis......It's his time to shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1

Over the course of the 07-08 season, a couple threads came up asking could you build a team around Monta Ellis, well it's his time to shine. We will finally get a chance to see next year. I'm hoping the warriors can trade Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington to the Nuggets via sign and trade of JR Smith and Klieza or something like that.

Monta averaged 21 ppg last season as a second option on the warriors. I wouldn't be surprised if he put around 27 a game next year as the #1 guy. I'm pulling for this kid. He's the only player I've ever watched play in High School.

Predict his statline for next year...
thing is he will only be a Warrior for 1 more year... he's going to take tender this year than next year crash the market as an unrestricted FA to get the kind of money he deserves
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

i think monta will stay as a GSW... otherwise this franchise will be like memphis and rebuild once again..

I doubt if monta plays the point in maybe belinelli .. but i think monta will probably average 25ppg. they should really use brendan wright and anthony randolph.. I see this GSW this year to make a run like portland did last year...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He is an extremely talented player. With Baron gone, it will be amusing to see if he demands to be traded or stays as a leader.

He has all the potential in the world!
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Al Harrington
Brandan Wright
Andris Biedrins

That's still not a bad starting 5...you still have probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million to sign another contributor or 2. They also have Bellinelli under contract as well as their first round pick Anthony Randolph and also Richard Hendrix
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
veilside23

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

they just have to get a decent back up for biedrins... Monta ellis is their franchise player now. Maniak is right i doubt if ellis demands a trade or signs up for another team.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im not trashing the Warriors that because baron is gone they are now but a pile of ****.

im saying its a bad loss, and im not sure how monta would like it without Baron in the lineup.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
ChiBulls7
www.droseroy.com

ChiBulls7 has decent reputationChiBulls7 has decent reputation

Monta is a solid player, but I don't know how he will fare as the main man. Hopefully he continues to kill it by shooting his high percentages. I'm sure the warriors and their fans are going to miss the beard.
ChiBulls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
mswank
High School JV MVP

mswank has an OK reputation so far

the monta and zero show can still happen!

i hope he gets crazy this year
mswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wonder if they will try to move Monta in as the PG or have him play off the ball as a combo guard now that Baron is gone.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope Monta takes this opportunity to change from SG to PG, his only weakness in my eyes is his size as an SG is abused by bigger guys. Baron would have guarded bigger SGs like Kobe and Brandon Roy in the past, because they would just destroy Monta, now with no baron, Monta is gonna have to play PG because he is just too much of a defensive liability at SG imo.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
mswank
High School JV MVP

pg: ellis
sg: arenas
sf: jackson
pf: harrington
c: biedrins

that makes for amazing television.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #13
veilside23

since i see felton in your avatar why dont the warriors try a sign and trade for reymond felton in exchange for pietrus or barnes...

felton
ellis
jackson
wright
biedrins..

not your ideal lineup but still good to maybe put up 40 wins.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #14
mswank
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
since i see felton in your avatar why dont the warriors try a sign and trade for reymond felton in exchange for pietrus or barnes...

felton
ellis
jackson
wright
biedrins..

not your ideal lineup but still good to maybe put up 40 wins.

that'd be cool too but can you imagine actually WATCHING a team w/ arenas ellis jackson and harrington all o nthe floor at the same time w/ nellie as the coach? it's basically high drama tv the whole night...dudes would be yelling at each other...some nights they'd score 160 points but somehow lose...they'd be the spurs @ sa by 20 on some nights. they'd win 33 games...it'd be so great.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #15
ShowTime LA
In it to win it

ShowTime LA is considered somewhat coolShowTime LA is considered somewhat cool

The only thing Ellis will prove is not being a true franchise player. Mark my words.
ShowTime LA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: