Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default What is next for the Warriors?

With Baron taking the deal with the Clippers, what do the Warriors do now?
Do they trade away Jackson and Ellis and start rebuilding?
Do they keep both and try to sign a major free agent?
Do they keep Ellis and build around him?

TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is next for the Warriors?

good question, they still have some talent but it feels like they lost theglue that held them together... i'm sure this is not setting well with some of the warriors players...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think their future depends on what Ellis does in the off-season. If he gets traded, its rather obvious they will go rebuilding mode(although, depends who he gets traded for)

Or they might try to build around Ellis...I think he will probably stay for the year, and the Warriors will try to do something for him, get a nice FA or something

lol sounds like its his birthday

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTANA ELLIS! WE BOUGHT YOU RON ARTEST!"
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

They should get a pointguard thats what they should do ... Signing Gilbert Arenas isnt a smart move because davis is better than Gilbert...

Ellis wright randolph biedrins isnt a bad core its like roy outlaw/webster + oden ..

Try to get a past first pointguard and a decent backup center their bench is deep
they should resign pietrus or barnes... both can play ball and both are good defenders... duhon or jason williams would be nice pickups.. I hope Gstate will get lucky next year and win the lottery... So that losing baron will only hurt them this year..

ellis is still young and its time that the warriors pay him good...

Last edited by veilside23 : 07-01-2008 at 10:26 PM.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
howcanilose
Can barely lace up my sneakers

howcanilose has an OK reputation so far

I dont believe we'll let Ellis and Biedrins get away especially after today. We'll probably give them multiyear contracts and I see Mullin try to offstep today by going afte a free agent, who? I have no idea. I heard Josh Smith just thrown around in conversation with other fans and yeah that would be cool but firstly I dont know if we need him with all these young thin guys being a sf/pf that needs playing time though of course Smith would be exciting.

I just hope Mullin plays it cool and dont overreact too much over what happened today and get a "aite" guy at pg since I highly doubt we'll put any "ump" into gettin into the playoffs.

As to whether we should trade Jackson. Im kinda cross only because obviously if we dont compete we should probably look to trading him but I dont want Ellis's first year as a pg to be surrounded by just young guys. I think we need Jackson to be the constant. Also I'm not sure what his value is around the league even after performing so well with us. Fans also been talkin about tradin Harrington for a long time and I'd be interested to see what we do with Harrington if we commit to tryin to go for it or just blow it up.

I hope we pull a chicago bulls next year and grab the top pg in the draft, rubio? jennings?

Was the win over the Mavs really just a bit over a year ago?
howcanilose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

GSW....going back to there losing ways.....now S Jack and harrington.....may want out
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
mswank
High School JV MVP

mswank has an OK reputation so far

i pray they sign arenas.
mswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they would rebuild why would they trade Ellis
09' starting lineup:
Ellis
Azubuiki
Jackson
Harington
Beidrins
not that bad..
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope they develop Ellis as a PG and build the team around him. He obviously has a huge amount of potential. I wouldnt oppose trading away Sjax and Harrington, either.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #10
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

I would put Jackson and possibly Harrington on the trading block. Maybe get a young star that you could put together with Ellis.

I'm not necessarily convinced, however, that Ellis is the kind of player you can build a team around.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

like what ive discuss .. maybe they can trade for felton since he is almost a goner for the bobcats coz they have augustine.

felton

for
either harrington or pietrus or barnes...

thoughts?
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
I would put Jackson and possibly Harrington on the trading block. Maybe get a young star that you could put together with Ellis.

I'm not necessarily convinced, however, that Ellis is the kind of player you can build a team around.
not bad they can trade both for a good SF...
Ellis
Azubuiki
Traded player
Wright
Biedrins
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #13
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

S Jack....for luke and farmar.....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #14
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
like what ive discuss .. maybe they can trade for felton since he is almost a goner for the bobcats coz they have augustine.

felton

for
either harrington or pietrus or barnes...

thoughts?

I don't think the Warriors would make this move. Felton doesn't seem to have much potential and if you are rebuilding a team I don't think you would want him starting at the PG.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #15
omarnyc
Local High School Star

omarnyc has an OK reputation so far

you cant build a team around a monta ellis, they need a inside player
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: