Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #16
EllisGW
High School JV MVP

EllisGW has decent reputation
Default Re: What is next for the Warriors?

What makes me upset about being a warriors fan is that they let and top 5 point guard go without getting any players or draft picks.
EllisGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #17
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisGW
What makes me upset about being a warriors fan is that they let and top 5 point guard go without getting any players or draft picks.

You have to understand where Davis is coming from though. Having that great of a season and not even making the playoffs. He was probably frustrated.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #18
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisGW

thats the reality for the warriors...so many just go away without anything....arena's...baron.....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #19
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

they're absolutely screwed if they don't sign arenas...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #20
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
they're absolutely screwed if they don't sign arenas...

Won't happen.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #21
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Koop1 has an OK reputation so far

lol @ dude who said Davis> Arenas
Arenas is superior to Davis
THEY NEED TO SIGN GILBERT, which prob wont happen
Koop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #22
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Al Harrington
Brandan Wright
Andris Biedrins

That's still not a bad starting 5...you still have probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million to sign another contributor or 2. They also have Bellinelli under contract as well as their first round pick Anthony Randolph and also Richard Hendrix

They'll be fine....
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #23
EllisGW
High School JV MVP

EllisGW has decent reputation

I'm glad the warriors did not sign baron to a big contract but you better get something in return if he leaves. Warriors most likely thought he was going to stay for one more year. This is stupid thinking on the warriors part by not making sure they have back up plan if davis leaves. They should have traded him or made sure they least get a sign and trade. Warriors need to get lucky with a trade like what happened with the lakers or in the nba draft.
EllisGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #24
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Al Harrington
Brandan Wright
Andris Biedrins

That's still not a bad starting 5...you still have probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million to sign another contributor or 2. They also have Bellinelli under contract as well as their first round pick Anthony Randolph and also Richard Hendrix

They'll be fine....

you can't take Baron Davis away from what they had last year and expect the same results or better... and they didn't make the playoffs last year... so just how exactly will they be fine???
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #25
usama123
The Answer!

usama123 has decent reputationusama123 has decent reputation

lotteryy
usama123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #26
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

they should just let ellis be ai w/ the sixers. i thought they should've given him a much bigger green light in more games than they did or he took. hes pretty unstoppable and draws fouls.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #27
howcanilose
Can barely lace up my sneakers

howcanilose has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
you can't take Baron Davis away from what they had last year and expect the same results or better... and they didn't make the playoffs last year... so just how exactly will they be fine???

I think he means fine in terms of we wont be horribly butchered by other teams every night. We have an aite starting 5, it aint going to get us to the playoffs of course, well unless Monta just explodes into a star and even then I dont think we will but I think we will indeed be ok.

I'm feeling a lot of bitterness from other warrior fans tonight about Baron and damn people, wheres the love? The guy fought for this franchise when he was here and gave us great memories, I hate the way it all ended but no way should we hate him for it. Did this whole situation go down the right way? No, I think Baron should have told us truthfully whats up instead of the "the bay area knows where my hearts at" or whatever. Thats my only qualm about this whole thing.

Also Monta will do ok. I have no illusions that he'll be Baron in terms of distributing but he'll do his thing and the warriors will still be fun to watch, at least Ellis aint going to shoot as many 3's since he doesnt have the range. I can see us doing as well as the Kings did this year, scare some teams and have a good player grow into his own and end up near the middle or end of the lottery which isnt really so great especially since I want to grab a good young pg or forward.
howcanilose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #28
kidachi

get Arenas back..
Old 07-02-2008, 01:55 AM   #29
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

GILBERT ARENAS!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: