Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Davis To Sign With The Clippers!

Quote:
In a move that shakes the landscape of an already deep Western Conference, the Clippers reached agreement on a contract with All-Star point guard Baron Davis on Tuesday, according to Davis' agent. The deal is expected to be signed for five years and $65 million once the NBA's moratorium period ends next week. "From a basketball standpoint, it's always been about winning for Baron," said Todd Ramasar, Davis' agent. "This presented a good opportunity to do that, to pair him with Chris Kaman and Elton Brand expected back." And Brand, indeed, is back. The All-Star power forward who opted out of his contract a day earlier for free agency is expected to reach an agreement with the Clippers on a new multiyear deal, possibly as soon as today
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2121230.story

Damn, didn't expect to see this happen at all. I always thought that he'd be back with the Warriors next year. After seeing them win 48 games last season, I was expecting big things from this team in the future, now it looks like they might take a step back, especially in the tough wild wild west.
Baron was looking for a long term deal, but that didn't happen with Goldenstate, so the clippers jumped right in and offered him a long term contract that he was looking for.
This sucks, I liked seeing him play with the Warriors.
Thoughts?
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Davis To Sign With The Clippers!

Never underestimate the power of friendship. Brand's prodding is what got Davis thinking about the whole situation. Brand visited the Celtics before one of the games during the Finals, and the experience inspired him to make sacrafices to lead his team to wins. Brand agreed to take less money if the Clippers could get him a worthy guard, and Davis, who is also a longtime friend and fellow movie producer of Brand, fits that mold perfectly.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If davis signs with clippers and brand resigns with clippers. that would be an amazing team.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
mike239489

Orange

Last edited by mike239489 : 07-10-2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:36 AM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We're fukced.

Those are my thoughts.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike239489
Damnit!! What's gonna happen with Ellis now ?

I heard he is really interested in NY.
Doubt that will happen but the Warriors would be SCREWED if it did.
Or really asses for letting him go.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Warriors were in my top 10 teams
Nets
Lakers
Celtics
Phoenix
Knicks-dont ask why I really dont know
Warriors
so warriors were my top 6 team but Im not sure anymore... I want to see how Ellis can Blossom w/o Davis
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Harrington
Biedrins
Still a solid team but it depends on how Ellis plays the Point Gaurd position
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike239489
Damnit!! What's gonna happen with Ellis now ?

I see him staying with Golden State
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I will miss you Baron
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
B-diddy1
I airball my layups

B-diddy1 has an OK reputation so far

Now i am going to be a clippers fan, but I will still watch the warriors. I hope the clippers do good
B-diddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

What if Brand ends up jumping ship to the Warriors now to earn more money? Wouldn't that be ironic? Personally if I were a Warriors fan, I would be pretty satisfied with what basically equals a straight up trade between the Clips and Warriors for their two franchise players.

Then again, Brand might be smarter to take the pay cut and have the opportunity to be on a championship contender, which the Clippers would be IMO with Baron, Brand, Kaman, Thornton, Gordon, Mobley, Thomas, Williams, Knight. That is a whole ass load of talent right there, though they may have to wait a season or two for Thornton and Gordon to mature a bit before they contend for a title.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #12
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
The Warriors were in my top 10 teams
Nets
Lakers
Celtics
Phoenix
Knicks-dont ask why I really dont know
Warriors
so warriors were my top 6 team but Im not sure anymore... I want to see how Ellis can Blossom w/o Davis
Ellis
Jackson
Randolph
Harrington
Biedrins
Still a solid team but it depends on how Ellis plays the Point Gaurd position

Can you say bandwagon?
Old 07-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #13
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

... kinda a dissapointment.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: