Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 03-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

Default Looking Ahead To the Summer

This season is a lost cause. With all the injuries and more drama than most soap operas. Nellie, Crawford, Rowell and Ellis just need to get on the Maurie show and duke it out. This is a dysfunctional franchise with very little upside unless MAJOR moves are made. Mullin will be gone is the only certainty they have. A guy that wasted numerous lottery picks (Ike Diogu and Patrick O'Bryant) while handing out ridiculous contracts to players that didn't deserve it. Hopefully, Nellie will call it quits and retire, but thats highly unlikely. So here are some moves to quickly turn this around.

A) Just void Monta's contract. They have until July 1st to do so before it becomes guaranteed. We're talking about $11M off the cap and to cut ties with a guy that is causing more drama than anyone else. He obviously doesn't get along with Nellie and Nellie isn't too big on Ellis. Monta is a Mullin guy and with Mullin gone, Monta should be too.

B) Sign Lamar Odom. With they money they could save from voiding Monta's contract, some of that money can be use towards offering Odom a contract. 5 years for $55M would be a solid investment. His first year would pay him $8M and $13M in his last. Odom and Randolph playing in the same front court would be a nightmare for other teams. Odom is still 29 years old and is in the prime of his career. He averaged 10.8 boards last season and I'd think he get somewhere along that number here in GS.

C) This draft is full of guards and wing players. The bigs will go early at by the time #7 comes around, the pickings will be slim. There isn't a point guard worth taking that high. Teague is an Ellis clone. Jennings will be a bust. I'd trade the pick to Chicago for Kirk Hinrich. If Ellis' contract is voided, by draft time, they'll be under the cap and can absorb the contract. Hinrich's front loaded salary is attractive. He's making $9.5M next season and $17M for the remaining two.

D) Second Round Pick: If Josh Hetyvelt is available, he's my #1 choice. A 6'11 PF from Gonzaga. He's similar to Chris Anderson of the Nuggets with more skill.

Line up:

PG Hinrich - Watson
SG Jackson - Belinelli - Morrow
SF Odom - Maggette - Azubuike
PF Randolph - Wright
C Biedrins - Turiaf - Hetyvelt
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Default Re: Looking Ahead To the Summer

i agree mullin is pretty much out even though i want to keep him everyone always says look at the wasted draft picks and bad contracts

didnt he draft beidrins,ellis,wright,randolph.belenelli,peitrus wasnt a bad player either

he got rid of those bad contracts and got jackson and harrington for those other 2 idiots

what were the warriors like before mullin? a peice of crap team thats what they were what were they the last couple of years a team that upset the 1 seed mavs and a team who got shafted from a playoff spot because the west was so good it seems like everyone is forgetting that

signing odom sounds like a good idea but i dont see it happening nor do i want it to happen it seems that everyone forgets about brandon wright he has a great post game something randolph does not so wright at the 4 is what should happen and make randolph a 3 it could work hes got enough talent so signing odom no why because randolph is a younger more athletic better shot blocking version of odom

ill write some more later but iam tired right now
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

I think if the Warriors can get rid of Monta Ellis, they should get Jonny Flynn in the draft if he is still available. He reminds me of B-Diddy except he's shorter.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

Another option is to try and trade Ellis and hope his value is validated in these last few games to make him more appealing, especially heatlh-wise.

Josh Smith and Coach Woodson has been feuding for sometime now and with Marvin Williams there, they may just try to move Smith, who just signed a big contract, although less than Monta's.

Send Monta Ellis ($11M) to the Hawks for Josh Smith ($10.8M). The trade, financially, works straight up. With Bibby's contract over, this could work out well for the Hawks and Joe Johnson is a solid passer and ball handler which could make Ellis a good backcourt mate.

The Warriors could then trade their 7th pick to the Chicago Bulls for Kirk Hinrich and a $8M trade exception. This would all depend on Crawford opting out, which would put them under the cap and able to pull off this deal. With their second rounder, I'd like to them take Josh Hetyvelt out of Gonzaga. A 6'11 PF/C with great athetlcism. A good shot blocker and rebounder. Just think Chris Anderson of the Nuggets without the pot, tattoo or hair.

Line up:

PG Hinrich - Watson
SG Jackson - Belinelli - Morrow
SF Smith - Maggette - Azubuike
PF Randolph - Wright - Hetyvelt
C Biedrins - Turiaf

I think this is a team that can definitely make the playoff in the West and possibly further, if they can stay healthy.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

The Warriors are trying to put Stephen Jackson back at the SG spot and their trying to get some rebounder at the PF spot. I honestly think that the Warriors should just void out Monta Ellis contract and just let him kick rocks. They should pick try to get Andre Miller, Mike Bibby, or Stephon Marbury.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
The Warriors are trying to put Stephen Jackson back at the SG spot and their trying to get some rebounder at the PF spot. I honestly think that the Warriors should just void out Monta Ellis contract and just let him kick rocks. They should pick try to get Andre Miller, Mike Bibby, or Stephon Marbury.

if they void ellis contract then i would like to see andre miller he has a pass first mentality (i think ) id take a chance on marbury to he will most likely be very cheap this offseason
Old 03-21-2009, 02:32 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaSportz
Another option is to try and trade Ellis and hope his value is validated in these last few games to make him more appealing, especially heatlh-wise.

Send Monta Ellis ($11M) to the Hawks for Josh Smith ($10.8M). The trade, financially, works straight up. With Bibby's contract over, this could work out well for the Hawks and Joe Johnson is a solid passer and ball handler which could make Ellis a good backcourt mate.

No way Warriors get equal value for Monta Ellis. He's a tweener gaurd making ~11 million a year for 5 more years?

We need to just cut this guy. We shouldv'e cut him after that moped accident. Who the fukc signs a 60 million dollar contract and then busts his ankle riding a moped a month later?

I don't think Monta will ever even make an All-Star team to be honest... and he's far from a franchise player.

Also, Nelly needs to go.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:35 AM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

And I don't think we should sign anyone. Clean house. Round up some young talent. Tank for a few years and hopefully land a Superstar in the draft. That's the only way we are ever going to win anything.

Finishing 9th and 10th in the Western Conference every year is fukcing annoying and pointless.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
And I don't think we should sign anyone. Clean house. Round up some young talent. Tank for a few years and hopefully land a Superstar in the draft. That's the only way we are ever going to win anything.

Finishing 9th and 10th in the Western Conference every year is fukcing annoying and pointless.

how does the youngest team in the nba clean house?and round up young talent?

iam not sure if i would trade ellis let alone just flat out cut him crawford is as good as gone now maggatte is the player the warriors should be looking to trade unfortunetly either wright or randolph will be added on to that package
Old 03-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
how does the youngest team in the nba clean house?and round up young talent?

iam not sure if i would trade ellis let alone just flat out cut him crawford is as good as gone now maggatte is the player the warriors should be looking to trade unfortunetly either wright or randolph will be added on to that package

Well, clean house is a bit strong I guess. I just want us to move any older players (or bad contracts) who aren't part of the future, and start playing some of our young talent. I'm not worried about wins, in fact, like I said before, I'de rather have a couple years of losing badly (while young players get PT), then possibly draft a Superstar that can come right in and make us a contender.

That's the only way I ever see this franchise turning into a winning franchise. It's just like the Cavs... they weren't ever going to win anything until they drafted LeBron. Look at the Thunder, they are terrible this year, but their future is brighter than ours, because they get top 5 draft picks, while we settle for the mid-round picks year after year.

As for Monta and Andris, I guess I'm okay with keeping them, because we need something to build around. I just don't see Monta and Andris taking this team anywhere if they're our best players. That's why I wouldn't mind cutting Monta, or moving him for some draft picks.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
GSW1984
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Taking the Cleveland Cavs Approach will not work with Golden State I am Very High on Monta Ellis He is a combo guard that will work but just not as a Starter if we can get rid of Jamal Crawford or Corey Maggette or both get a pure PG that can run a team or an athletic Quality 4 man that can score run the floor and rebound we can make the move up to the 4-5 range in the west. I think Monta Ellis is better used as a 6th man putting up 17 pts and 5 assists a night.
GSW1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #12
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW1984
Taking the Cleveland Cavs Approach will not work with Golden State I am Very High on Monta Ellis He is a combo guard that will work but just not as a Starter if we can get rid of Jamal Crawford or Corey Maggette or both get a pure PG that can run a team or an athletic Quality 4 man that can score run the floor and rebound we can make the move up to the 4-5 range in the west. I think Monta Ellis is better used as a 6th man putting up 17 pts and 5 assists a night.

i partly agree there is now way any fans will just say ya lets tank for the next years and see if we can get a lebron like player NO WAY thats stupid

but putting ellis as the 6th man wont happen hes getting paid too much and i dont think he will be up for him going to the bench all he needs to do is play like a pg but iam having my doubts that he can do that
Old 04-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

It seems like the Warriors want Andre Miller.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPL6178HO6.DTL
Old 04-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
It seems like the Warriors want Andre Miller.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPL6178HO6.DTL

i dont think we would get andre miller

but if we do we are going back to no defense if we put ellis at the 2 NO DEFENSE
Old 04-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
el gringos
Great college starter

I like the hinrich on the warriors idea, but think that the best answer at pg could be found at the pick- jrue holiday from ucla is very underrated right now and is a franchise pg who could be available
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: