Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #151
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Sonics will move to OKC for 2008-09 season. Sonics name stays with Seattle

I feel terrible for Seattle and the fans of the SuperSonics…

It is a shame how the whole think unfolded from the moment starbucks sold the team to the OKC investors… I made a vow to NEVER drink starbucks coffee ever again…

Anyways, its a sad day indeed. I am glad however, that the team name, colors, and history - a history of great players such as Lenny Wilkins, Dennis Johnson, Jack Sikma, Shawn Kemp & Gary Payton… team success such as Western Conferences Champs 1978,1979,1996 and NBA Champions 1979… all this will still remain in Seattle… and the upcoming season was to be the 30th anniversary of that Championship

NEVER FORGET…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #152
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Breaking News: R.I.P Sonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
boycott starbucks!!!

I already have…
Fxck that corporate coffee garbage!
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #153
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R

I already have…
Fxck that corporate coffee garbage!
The coffee sucks anyways
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #154
DJ Leon Smith
Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence

DJ Leon Smith is considered somewhat coolDJ Leon Smith is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Sonics will move to OKC for 2008-09 season. Sonics name stays with Seattle

I thought this was great, it's from http://www.supersonicsoul.com:

Quote:
Amount of money spent by Clay Bennett to move the Sonics to Oklahoma City:

City of Seattle, June 2008: $45 million
Additional money, 2013: $30 million
Relocation fee: $30 million
Losses, 2007-08 season (est.): $20 million
Losses, 2006-07 season (est.): $20 million
Moving fees (est.): $15 million
Legal fees (est.): $2 million

Add it all up and you come to a total of $162 million.

Why is this important? Because the cost of renovating KeyArena is now pegged at around $300 million, but, back when the team was sold, Howard Schultz was looking to spend about $225 million to renovate the building. After purchasing the team, Bennett indicated – repeatedly – that he had no interest in contributing any of his own money to the project (which eventually morphed into a completely new arena in Renton, at a price tag of $500 million).

And yet, Bennett has now committed more than half of that total just for relocating his new toy to Oklahoma City. If Bennett had just offered two-thirds of that figure - $100 million – while in Olympia fourteen months ago, yesterday would never have happened, and the state would have easily passed the bill to either build a new facility or renovate KeyArena. Further, by indicating that he was interested in helping the team, the miserable attendance figures of the past two years would have been considerably better.

Instead, Bennett kept his money in his pocket, because all along he had no interest in doing anything to keep this team here and a major interest, obviously, in getting a team for Oklahoma City.

$162 million goes a long, long way in this world. Apparently, though, just not in Seattle.
DJ Leon Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #155
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

art thiel's article was good this morning:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/thiel/369455_thiel03.html

here is part of it:

As has been written here before, the biggest culprits in this deal have been the NBA and former owner Howard Schultz. However unfairly, the mess they created fell to the city and the business community to clean up. But by neglecting to put more resources in front-end imagination instead of back-end litigation, the game was lost.
Bennett is still a liar, Stern is still unconscionably remorseless, and the Sonics are gone.
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #156
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i started this thread in 2006!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14256
Old 07-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #157
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

I don't feel bad for Seattle at all. I guess I'm the only one. The team wasn't willing to pay, and Ok City was. That's the simple fact of it. If I go to a store and try to barter with the salesman, they might not give me the price that I want. Then someone else might come around and offer the asking price. I don't ***** because I didn't get the product on the cheap.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #158
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo
I don't feel bad for Seattle at all. I guess I'm the only one. The team wasn't willing to pay, and Ok City was. That's the simple fact of it. If I go to a store and try to barter with the salesman, they might not give me the price that I want. Then someone else might come around and offer the asking price. I don't ***** because I didn't get the product on the cheap.

perhaps you missed the point of this earlier post:

Amount of money spent by Clay Bennett to move the Sonics to Oklahoma City:

City of Seattle, June 2008: $45 million
Additional money, 2013: $30 million
Relocation fee: $30 million
Losses, 2007-08 season (est.): $20 million
Losses, 2006-07 season (est.): $20 million
Moving fees (est.): $15 million
Legal fees (est.): $2 million

Add it all up and you come to a total of $162 million.

Why is this important? Because the cost of renovating KeyArena is now pegged at around $300 million, but, back when the team was sold, Howard Schultz was looking to spend about $225 million to renovate the building. After purchasing the team, Bennett indicated – repeatedly – that he had no interest in contributing any of his own money to the project (which eventually morphed into a completely new arena in Renton, at a price tag of $500 million).

And yet, Bennett has now committed more than half of that total just for relocating his new toy to Oklahoma City. If Bennett had just offered two-thirds of that figure - $100 million – while in Olympia fourteen months ago, yesterday would never have happened, and the state would have easily passed the bill to either build a new facility or renovate KeyArena.
Further, by indicating that he was interested in helping the team, the miserable attendance figures of the past two years would have been considerably better.

Instead, Bennett kept his money in his pocket, because all along he had no interest in doing anything to keep this team here and a major interest, obviously, in getting a team for Oklahoma City.

$162 million goes a long, long way in this world. Apparently, though, just not in Seattle.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #159
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seattle residents should be happen. Think of all the tax dollars saved plus the settlement dollars they can use to do things for the city of Seattle.

How bout free health care for every Seattle resident? Wouldn't that be nice? They can call it the "Supersonic" health care plan.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #160
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo

Bennett's demanded price for Seattle arena: $500 million, all public money
Bennett's demanded price for OKC arena: $120 million, partially funded

You're a ****ing tool.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:08 PM   #161
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Seattle residents should be happen. Think of all the tax dollars saved plus the settlement dollars they can use to do things for the city of Seattle.

How bout free health care for every Seattle resident? Wouldn't that be nice? They can call it the "Supersonic" health care plan.

i wish!!

seattle has replaced san fran as the pinko capital of the usa
Old 07-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #162
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
Bennett's demanded price for Seattle arena: $500 million, all public money
Bennett's demanded price for OKC arena: $120 million, partially funded

You're a ****ing tool.

thanks for being clearer than i was!!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #163
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
i wish!!

seattle has replaced san fran as the pinko capital of the usa

What are you, in the 1970's?

Pinko? You mean liberal politics?

Liberals are the GOOD guys, remember?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #164
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
What are you, in the 1970's?

Pinko? You mean liberal politics?

Liberals are the GOOD guys, remember?
Neither liberals or conservatives are good. They are just in the pockets of different special interest groups that don't necessarily have our best interest at heart.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #165
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

someone in the paper said, it (losing the sonics) feels like watching your dog get hit by a car
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: