Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #46
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Breaking News: R.I.P Sonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
Clay Bennets first lines "We Made It"

What a grimey mother ****er

clay bennet is an a$$hole
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #47
BlogOFfatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
clay bennet is an a$$hole

How is he an a$$hole? Because he wants to do something great for his howntown? Seattle had every chance to keep them, just replace the worst arena in professional sports and he would have no argument or chance to move them. All Seattles fault.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #48
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlogOFfatman
How is he an a$$hole? Because he wants to do something great for his howntown? Seattle had every chance to keep them, just replace the worst arena in professional sports and he would have no argument or chance to move them. All Seattles fault.
Yeah because we're going to pay for his $500 Million arena when at the same time OKC is paying only $100 million or so. Bennett set Seattle up to lose a team, not putting any of his money forth when he knows voters are going to reject a half a billion dollar arena. He just had to make it look like Seattle didn't want a team by making all of these ridiculous requests.
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #49
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

OKC is just a terrible basketball city. Lakers, Portland, and Seattle are suppose to be the 3 big teams that take up the entire west coast. Now Portland is the only team truly in the North West.

THE OKC team is going to be a hated franchise in my view. I hope it fails miserably and they have to movie again (possibly back to Seattle).
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #50
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
THE OKC team is going to be a hated franchise in my view. I hope it fails miserably and they have to movie again (possibly back to Seattle).

Better yet they can just be deleted along with Memphis. And...

Minnesota
Milwaukee
Indiana
Cleveland
Charlotte
Toronto

I doubt it though.
stephanieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #51
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

The next teams that will be added to the NBA, will be Asian or European, to globalize the game, attract more young kids, who will hopefully develop into more young talent.

If Stern can tap into the European and Asian market, then more little kids in other parts of the world will play basketball, more countries will fund junior basketball programs, and the amount of talented players will sky rocket in 30-40 years, as those young kids grow up, and the programs mature.

The Hornets should be bought out and moved to Seattle. NO doesn't deserve a team.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #52
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

They have to change the team name (sonics) and colors. Sweet
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #53
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg
Better yet they can just be deleted along with Memphis. And...

Minnesota
Milwaukee
Indiana
Cleveland
Charlotte
Toronto

I doubt it though.

Toronto is one of the biggest basketball markets now, and growing.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #54
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
The Hornets should be bought out and moved to Seattle. NO doesn't deserve a team.

you are so insensitive... after the typhoon the city rebuild and held the all star there so that the city will be revived...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #55
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Quote:
you are so insensitive... after the typhoon the city rebuild and held the all star there so that the city will be revived...

The >Hurricane< happened in 2005, and didn't affect much of the rich areas. It was generally the poor wards, ghetto's, and mid-level areas that were totally wiped out.

As bad as this sounds, the poor aren't the ones going to basketball games, and NO has more then enough people, who have homes, and jobs and a life to go see the team.

They magically sell out whenever Kobe, Wade, Lebron are in town, but most of the season people couldn't care less about the team.

I can under stand merchandise sales dropping to the floor. Thats expected. People without a ton of money are the ones who buy the posters, cards, jerseys and support the team via merchandise. However the well off people are the ones who go to the games, and they simply aren't.

If Baghdad can sell 75k $20 tickets to watch Iraq player a soccer game, I think NO could at least put a decent amount of people in the stands.

Also, what was there excuse last time they lost their team?

Last edited by Trax416 : 07-02-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #56
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation
Default Re: Breaking News: Sonics will move to OKC

Just heard about this while driving home. Sad day for the Northwest. It's like losing a brother or something. You're welcome to visit the Rose Garden Seattle. Any time.

An Oklahoma team just sounds gay. WTF.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #57
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Oklahoma Twisters .... cant think of a better name ...

oklahoma RAIDERS

fu(k bennett and fu(k all the worthless seattle pols who blinked for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

too many "ifs" in this settlement

i will always refer to this team as the oklahoma RAIDERS
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #58
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Oklahoma Okies? Oklahoma Hommies? Oklahoma Laters?

oklahoma RAIDERS

fu(k bennett and fu(k all the worthless seattle pols who blinked for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 07-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #59
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
perfect name veilside. perfect!

oklahoma RAIDERS

Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #60
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlogOFfatman
Fits the region but Twisters arent exactly loved in Oklahoma, dont think that name would be very fond with the locals.

OKC RAIDERS
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: