Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #106
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: man, f**k david stern

Fuck him with this:

Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #107
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default Re: Breaking News: Sonics will move to OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
This is unfortunate. I think they should leave the Sonic name and jerseys in Seattle and start fresh in OKC. Similar to when the Browns moved to Baltimore. Maybe some day the Sonics can arise again just like the Browns did.
That's what's going on...
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #108
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The NBA well come back to Seattle within another 6-10 years. But I agree with you guys Sterns should step down in the near future.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #109
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Breaking News: R.I.P Sonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
shultz could have easily sold the team to local investors

False
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #110
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
the only season that they have a healthy peja and david west .. plus they lose 7 games to the SPURS no excuse but i wont be surprise if they will make it to the WCF next season... as long as they can make the right move to get a good backup for mo pete or a better starter than mo pete.. I hate to go off the topic but just answering your question.

I am talking about the Jazz.

I know NO is good, which is why the fact nobody supports the team is pathetic.

Imagine they moved to Seattle? The support they would get is mind boggiling.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #111
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

RBP .. i wonder how much money clay bennett gave to stern to get the approval of moving seattle to OKC ... :confusedshurg:
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #112
veilside23

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

its all about the benjamins stern probably knew that his time to be changed is near that's why he agreed to approve the movement just for him to have $$$ before he sits his a$$ off... talk about a life insurance
Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #113
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well it appears that after a few days in court because the two parties couldn't reach a deal, today before the judge made her ruling both sides realized they could come to some form of understanding...lol
ok what parties and what court, i'm talking about the whole story? like I don't know what happened at all, why did they have a hearing at court, what happened originally? I'm wondering the whole story
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #114
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
ok what parties and what court, i'm talking about the whole story? like I don't know what happened at all, why did they have a hearing at court, what happened originally? I'm wondering the whole story

reading is something go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Supersonics

go to the Relocation to Oklahoma City you will see the answers
Quote:
In 2006, the Sonics were sold to an investment group led by Clayton Bennett, who said the team would stay in Seattle if a new arena complex was built. Yet, in August 2007, Sonics co-owner Aubrey McClendon announced publicly to The Journal Record that, "we didn't buy the team to keep it in Seattle; we hoped to come here." After receiving a private warning from NBA commissioner David Stern, Bennett responded, assuring Stern that, "As absolutely remarkable as it may seem, Aubrey and I have NEVER discussed moving the Sonics to Oklahoma City, nor have I discussed it with ANY other member of our ownership group
or better yet go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle...klahom a_City
Old 07-03-2008, 12:34 AM   #115
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge

The sonics have always had a bad lease on the Key Arena with Seattle. Howard Schultz, former owner, was losing too much money, and sold the team to Clay Bennett and a group from OKC. Clay promised to make a "good faith" effort to keep the team in Seattle. This "Good Faith" Effort consisted of complaining about the lease, getting Stern to deem the Key Arena unsuited to play basketball in, and propose a 100% Publicly funded arena in Renton, WA (South of Seattle). Seeing that this arena would cost $500 million, and not one cent would come from Bennett, it was shot down in the vote. To Bennett, this meant that Seattle wanted no part of the NBA. However, he still had a lease with Seattle until 2011 to use the Key Arena (From old ownership). Realizing the outrage that would come up if the city did nothing, the city sued Bennett for trying to break the lease early, trying to keep the team in Seattle for two more seasons (This trial). Today, the two sides settled out of court.

Howard Schultz also realized that Bennett never had any intention of keeping the Sonics in Seattle. He is now suing for Breach of contract, hoping to get the team back. This trial will probably start at the end of the summer (rough guess).
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:34 AM   #116
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Breaking News: Sonics will move to OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
please forgive me for flooding this thread... as you can tell, i am pissed and this is my way to vent

If Toronto had it's team stolen I'd be smashing up cars with a baseball bat. Any fan that really feels a connection to their team has to empathize with the sonics plight. Vent away.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 AM   #117
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
The NBA well come back to Seattle within another 6-10 years. But I agree with you guys Sterns should step down in the near future.

Stern was pretty hardline during the stadium negations. He might just keep another team out of there as prove of his wrath when cities don't capitulate to a stadium shakedown.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #118
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Sonics will move to OKC for 2008-09 season. Sonics name stays with Seattle

Sorry sonics fans. Must be like losing a family member.

You're welcome to jump on any team without being called bandwagoners.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #119
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Sonics will move to OKC for 2008-09 season. Sonics name stays with Seattle

This is just sad, they have so much history... the Payton/Kemp era the Ray Allen era... Damn

This is sad. Sad day for the NBA and the Sonic fans.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #120
silencespeak
Chicken Parm

silencespeak has an OK reputation so far

**** clay bennett and **** david stern. those ****ing ****heads should've never pulled the **** they did. screwing over all of seattle and damaging the league. **** them.
silencespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: