Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 07-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Where do you see the Rookies Going?

So know that we know where they were drafted, who they're playing with, etc. Where do you draft these rookies?

Greg Oden (Technically)
OJ Mayo
Beasley
Rose
Russell Westbrook
Danilo Gallinari
Eric Gordon
Rudy Fernandez
Jerryd Bayless
Kevin Love

Add more if you want...

Last edited by LBJ 4 MVP : 07-02-2008 at 08:49 PM.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Where do you see the Rookies Going?

I probably wouldn't draft any of them except for Beasley, Oden and maybe Rose/Mayo. With Portland getting Bayless and Fernandez, and don't forget that Blake was the starter last season, I have no clue how minutes are going to be spread out there. I wouldn't touch any of them in my drafts.

I think Beasley will have the best numbers (he did get "injured" already today though, which always makes you think for a second) and I can't project rounds too well, but I would say 8th-10th round at worst for him. As for Oden, he should be in that same range just because of center value and he'll grab rebounds/block shots. I think his scoring will be inconsistent though.

Mayo and Rose, I can see having similar statistical seasons. Mayo's going to have some inconsistent PT even without Mike Miller there since he's going to get some run at the 1, no doubt about it and he's rookie, gotta expect the bumps in the road. I would put him as a late rounder in shallow leagues. Rose, who knows as of right now... Hinrich's still there and there's no telling how the rotation will look at the beginning of the season. I don't doubt he'll be a hot commodity at the end of fantasy seasons though
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

We won't have a clue on some of these guys until rosters are finalized but the only rookie I would consider taking in the top 50 is OJ Mayo. Mike Miller and Juan Carlos Navarro are both gone. Their departure only increases the scoring void left after Pau Gasol was traded.

Even then other people always overvalue the elite rookies and they never fall to me.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Other rookies that could contribute early and might be worth a pickup somewhere during the season (in no particular order)

DJ Augustin - only if Felton is moved like rumors hint toward
Joe Alexander - Bucks are shopping Villa
Brook Lopez - size and offensive game will eventually put him ahead of Boone
Marreese Speights - depends on what happens with Philly's PF situation
Marc Gasol - starting over Darko isn't out of the question
Roy Hibbert - only centers on the roster are Foster and Nesterovic. If it looks like Indy won't make the playoffs, perhaps they'll start developing him.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

The only 3 I would look to draft in non keeper leagues are Mayo, Oden and Beasley. I think you can expect a top 70 ranking for Oden, so that speaks to a 7th round pick being good value. Mayo could get a lot of run for Memphis, but there are a lot of wings available so I wouldn't draft him probably at all. Beasley still has Marion and Haslem around which doesn't help his fantasy prospects.

Westbrook if he wins the PG job outright could put up some Rondo type numbers and Love I think is the other guy that could get significant minutes out of the gate.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

I avoid drafting rookies generally...Someone else can waste a good pick on a bust.

Guys were taking Durant in the second round last year....You're almost guarenteed to get low FG% and High TO's for mediocre production otherwise.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
I avoid drafting rookies generally...Someone else can waste a good pick on a bust.

Guys were taking Durant in the second round last year....You're almost guarenteed to get low FG% and High TO's for mediocre production otherwise.
Amen!...id look to take any rookie late ...5th round at the earliest (but of coarse it always depends on how deep your league is)
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Beasley/Oden are the only two guys I even consider taking, both surrounded by good talent and big man are safer picks because they won't drag down your TO and FG%. Hortford was a solid late pick last year.

Oden in the 70-80 range, Beasley 80-90, depending who's there... definitely not going to pass up a Dalembert type guy over these two.

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 07-02-2008 at 10:49 PM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: